Movies

habs_in_the_blood

Love going to movies by myself. No one there to tap me on the shoulder and say "what?" or ask me questions or talk at just the wrong moment.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love going to movies by myself. No one there to tap me on the shoulder and say "what?" or ask me questions or talk at just the wrong moment.

One of my friends' cousins who tagged along when we all went to see Revenge of the Sith and Anakin killed all those kids.

"Hahahaha, you got owned little kids, friggin owned. Take that!!!"

We never let him bring his cousin again.

One of my friends' cousins who tagged along when we all went to see Revenge of the Sith and Anakin killed all those kids.

"Hahahaha, you got owned little kids, friggin owned. Take that!!!"

We never let him bring his cousin again.

:lol: did he say that very loud or just for you and your friend ?

I go to the movies alone quite often since I became single again. I actually enjoy it a lot more because I can analyse the movie and/or just straight up enjoy it. Gives me more time to think about the flick once it's over without discussing it with someone else and potentially ruining my personal impression of it.

I also haven't had this problem since the forementioned change.

I go to the movies alone quite often since I became single again. I actually enjoy it a lot more because I can analyse the movie and/or just straight up enjoy it. Gives me more time to think about the flick once it's over without discussing it with someone else and potentially ruining my personal impression of it.

Ack, I hate that.

Agreed, meant to say that earlier.

Thrift stores, American Apparel, that kind of place. Gap is too mainstream for hipsters. Anywhere you can get vintage clothes and ratty skinny jeans.

Don't rip skinny jeans. Without them, I wouldn't have any pants. Besides, American Apparel is a great store. I'm a big fan. I only really shop there, and at H&M and a few other random stores like Quiksilver or whatever else. Anywhere I can find something that fits my look, which I'm told borders on scence/indie/emo type stuff. Fine with me, that's what I'm going for. (Mock all you want, it doesn't bother me. And no, I'm not an emo with the black makeup and what not ahah) Lots of plaid as well.

I used to be big in the Abercrombie, but then they got big and it was ruined. So I moved to Hollister, than it was ruined. So I decided to start wearning Aeropostale, and sure enough, one opened up here a few months ago. I guess H&M along with AA are next on the fad list.

On the bright side, no one has replicated my Cole Haan shoes just yet hehe.

PS: Cusack for the win. Best actor going.

How is talking about it going to ruin it for you? Discussing it just adds to the experience. It's like watching Lost - you drive yourself crazy thinking about it until you can talk to someone else who has seen it. When I saw Star Trek, it killed me not to be able to talk about it with my friends the first time I saw it.

None of the people I go to movies with do that sort of stuff. Well, one did, but he stopped once we started hitting him every time he did it. :lol:

I dropped kittens from really high up on a farm when I was 3. They didn't get hurt or anything and I got in a lot of trouble and never did it again. Does that count?

I'm not a loner, I just never want to see the same stuff as my friends so I end up going by myself. Like when I turned 17 and wanted to see Eternal Sunshine but I had to listen to two days of complaining because they thought it looked boring. I caved and we saw f*cking Starsky and Hutch. :puke:. Well actually theres one friend I share the same taste with and we'd always see stuff together but he just moved to Toronto a couple weeks ago. :(

So I don't have serial killer tendencies or however Dr.Phil puts it, don't worry. :P

I'm kidding... it just looked like a good opening to pester you a bit. :)

I too go to movies alone when I can as well. there's nothing wrong with that.

I hate people talking or asking questions, and I think that is the main reason I like going alone.

Edited by Habitforming

How is talking about it going to ruin it for you? Discussing it just adds to the experience. It's like watching Lost - you drive yourself crazy thinking about it until you can talk to someone else who has seen it. When I saw Star Trek, it killed me not to be able to talk about it with my friends the first time I saw it.

There's a difference though - LOST is a television show in which a single episode rarely answers any of the big questions but rather adds new ones - so yeah you have to go talk about it after that.

Movies on the other hand are typically a complete story, beginning - middle - end, and when it's over you (I) sit back and think it all over on my ride home and draw my own conclusions and personal views of the movie before talking about it with someone else. That way, my interpretation of the flick won't be twisted with that of another person's view. That's just how I like to roll when it comes to movies. Maybe it's the screenwriter in me, maybe it's just me, I unno, lol.

I also just hate having to explain parts of the movie to people while it's playing and potentially miss an important line of dialogue or some specific imagery. I consider myself pretty adept at staying with the flow of any movie without getting lost, but someone who can't manage that throws me off :P

Haha, I think this is the first coherent post I've made using my notebook PC. I must finally be used to the tiny keyboard :P

I'm kidding... it just looked like a good opening to pester you a bit. :)

I too go to movies alone when I can as well. there's nothing wrong with that.

I hate people talking or asking questions, and I think that is the main reason I like going alone.

I think this is why the way I saw Harry Potter was so awesome. Normally I just don't like people who talk near me but to have the whole theater devoid of another living soul? Sweet, sweet bliss.

Movies on the other hand are typically a complete story, beginning - middle - end, and when it's over you (I) sit back and think it all over on my ride home and draw my own conclusions and personal views of the movie before talking about it with someone else. That way, my interpretation of the flick won't be twisted with that of another person's view. That's just how I like to roll when it comes to movies. Maybe it's the screenwriter in me, maybe it's just me, I unno, lol.

:clap: It's definitely not just you. But I'm a writer too so maybe it's a writer thing, lol

I also just hate having to explain parts of the movie to people while it's playing and potentially miss an important line of dialogue or some specific imagery. I consider myself pretty adept at staying with the flow of any movie without getting lost, but someone who can't manage that throws me off :P

I hate this too but I don't really have to do it during movies. Basically just during The Office because my dad will not watch it for a month and then come watch an epsiode when it's half over and ask like a billion questions. Then I yell at him so he gets mad at me for being mad at him and it's this whole thing that makes me wish I had my own place. :lol:

Haha, I think this is the first coherent post I've made using my notebook PC. I must finally be used to the tiny keyboard :P

Just get it for school? I really want to get a simple little netbook but I can't afford one. :(

There's a difference though - LOST is a television show in which a single episode rarely answers any of the big questions but rather adds new ones - so yeah you have to go talk about it after that.

Well, for the most part, "thinking movies" aren't the ones I go to in a theatre. Mostly action flicks and action-comedies. Those are the only ones I really think are enhanced by a theatre. Also, my friends and I usually stay until the end of the credits before talking much, so there is some time to think, since we don't really talk till we're out of the theatre. With a movie like Memento, which I loved, I watched it alone, and not being able to talk to anyone about it killed me. When I did get to talk about it, I was even more excited because my friends had ideas that I hadn't even thought of.

More than anything, though, I just think the atmosphere is better if you're with people. By that I don't mean a full theatre, just some friends. I love an empty theatre with just my friends and I. What I mean is that when you do something with other people, you kind of feed off the energy. Same thing with sports. I like watching sports alone, but watching sports with other people enhances the experience. If I'm watching alone, I'll get excited, but going crazy by yourself is not as fun as going crazy with a bunch of friends. Same thing with walking out of a movie. Being with a bunch of people talking about what happened and how good it was just amps you up.

On the bright side, no one has replicated my Cole Haan shoes just yet hehe.

I have three pairs. They rock.

None of the people I go to movies with do that sort of stuff. Well, one did, but he stopped once we started hitting him every time he did it. :lol:

Which is great if I go see a flick with friends. Sadly, I can't hit my wife. Doesn't look so good. And I can't withhold either. That's a womanly trick and doesn't work the other way. :P

I have three pairs. They rock.

Which is great if I go see a flick with friends. Sadly, I can't hit my wife. Doesn't look so good. And I can't withhold either. That's a womanly trick and doesn't work the other way. :P

Do you honestly? If so, kudos. They're great shoes. Really nice. If you're lying, you'll burn in hell along with your team.

Well, for the most part, "thinking movies" aren't the ones I go to in a theatre. Mostly action flicks and action-comedies. Those are the only ones I really think are enhanced by a theatre. Also, my friends and I usually stay until the end of the credits before talking much, so there is some time to think, since we don't really talk till we're out of the theatre. With a movie like Memento, which I loved, I watched it alone, and not being able to talk to anyone about it killed me. When I did get to talk about it, I was even more excited because my friends had ideas that I hadn't even thought of.

More than anything, though, I just think the atmosphere is better if you're with people. By that I don't mean a full theatre, just some friends. I love an empty theatre with just my friends and I. What I mean is that when you do something with other people, you kind of feed off the energy. Same thing with sports. I like watching sports alone, but watching sports with other people enhances the experience. If I'm watching alone, I'll get excited, but going crazy by yourself is not as fun as going crazy with a bunch of friends. Same thing with walking out of a movie. Being with a bunch of people talking about what happened and how good it was just amps you up.

Agree 100% whit this post.

The only movies I want to see in a theatre are the ones that will not look the same on my TV. Also, I try to go out to see a movie that was made in Quebec. If I have to throw 10$ for a movie, I want to throw it for local productions.

As for the "with people" thing, I'm trying to imagine my reaction during the miracle comeback against the NYR if I would have been watching this game alone. It certainly wouldn't have been the same. However, there is nothing that will make me forget that I sold a pair of tickets for this game to a friend at cost price... :puke:

I agree with those who said Knowing was a good movie, except for the end. The ending wasn't necessarily bad, but it seemed like it belonged to a different "end of the world" type movie.

The numbers were the driving force of the movie, but were meaningless in the end.

Do you honestly? If so, kudos. They're great shoes. Really nice. If you're lying, you'll burn in hell along with your team.

Three pairs and almost bought a fourth while in SD. I'm eyeing a couple of pairs now.

Geez, they didn't even put the international version of Taken on the DVD. Still the watered down US version.

Ouch ! Time for Ebay my friend...

My rented movies were all hits:

From Dusk Til Dawn - Robert Rodriguez

Elephant - Gus Van Sant

The Fly - David Cronenberg

I loved all three of them.

I also have The Fly 2, Mutiny on the Bounty and Russian Ark.

My rented movies were all hits:

From Dusk Til Dawn - Robert Rodriguez

Elephant - Gus Van Sant

The Fly - David Cronenberg

I loved all three of them.

I also have The Fly 2, Mutiny on the Bounty and Russian Ark.

You really liked Elephant ? After the movie, I told myself : Oh my God, I just wasted so much time ! Seriously, aside from the beautiful pictures, pretty much nothing is good IMO. I get the long scenes thing, but all of the long scenes are like 2-3 minutes to long.