In my first 6 days of winter break, I've seen:

Beverly Hills Chihuahua - some woman

Kanal - Andrzej Wajda

Ashes and Diamons - Andrzej Wajda

Elvira Madigan - Bo Widerberg

Tokyo Drifter - Seijun Suzuki

Shock Corridor - Sam Fuller

Res Dogs with the DVD commentary on

MANY more to come. I've got a couple more Wajda movies, a few Scorseses and many, many more.

I have recently seen How The West Was Won and The Dirty Dozen. I liked The Dirty Dozen, but How The West Was Won, not so much.

Haha, my laziness kills me. Was gonna post this two days ago but was tired so I went to bed. Then I was gonna post it last night but again, tired so I went to bed. Hopefully this kills the comparisons to Spider-Man 3 because War Machine isn't a god damn villain.

Also Bryan Singer is back directing the X-Men franchise (not X-Men 4 though, they're doing a First Class movie), Zombieland writers are penning the Deadpool movie (awesome) and Anthony Hopkins was cast a couple months back as Odin in the Thor movie. Also there will be no Donald Blake (Thor's alter-ego) which makes me wonder why they bothered with Natalie Portman's role.

Oh and the latest villain rumor for Spider-Man 4 is John Malkovich playing The Vulture and Anne Hathaway playing Felicia Hardy but instead of being Black Cat, they're creating a new villain called...wait for it...The Vulturess! Lame? Very.

Haha, my laziness kills me. Was gonna post this two days ago but was tired so I went to bed. Then I was gonna post it last night but again, tired so I went to bed. Hopefully this kills the comparisons to Spider-Man 3 because War Machine isn't a god damn villain.

Also Bryan Singer is back directing the X-Men franchise (not X-Men 4 though, they're doing a First Class movie), Zombieland writers are penning the Deadpool movie (awesome) and Anthony Hopkins was cast a couple months back as Odin in the Thor movie. Also there will be no Donald Blake (Thor's alter-ego) which makes me wonder why they bothered with Natalie Portman's role.

Oh and the latest villain rumor for Spider-Man 4 is John Malkovich playing The Vulture and Anne Hathaway playing Felicia Hardy but instead of being Black Cat, they're creating a new villain called...wait for it...The Vulturess! Lame? Very.

Just when I thought I was the laziest guy ever.

But seriously, Anne Hathaway? really?

Where is Sam Raimi?

Just when I thought I was the laziest guy ever.

But seriously, Anne Hathaway? really?

Where is Sam Raimi?

Sam Raimi is directing, pretty sure he's signed on for 5 and 6 as well.

The Black Cat rumors were basically the only rumor last month. Rachel McAdams, Anne Hathaway and Julia Stiles were apparently all being looked at for Black Cat. Nothing for Spider-Man is official though and I'm really hoping this Vulturess stuff turns out to be bullshit.

The other piece of news is that Raimi is actually having trouble deciding on a villain. He doesn't want to bog it down like he did with Spider-Man 3 (that was more the studios fault then anything though). People are thinking it could end up delaying production.

Personally, I really want a Lizard/Kraven movie with someone like DDL or Josh Brolin playing Kraven. Those two villains can naturally work together whereas putting Sandman with Venom was just an unnatural mess. Lizard is kind of a shallow character, I can't see a 2 hour movie being carried by him. They need to drop Peter's emotional baggage too and just turn him into a one-line zinger machine. Also, re-cast Mary Jane.

Edited by jetsniper

The Black Cat rumors were basically the only rumor last month. Rachel McAdams, Anne Hathaway and Julia Stiles were apparently all being looked at for Black Cat. Nothing for Spider-Man is official though and I'm really hoping this Vulturess stuff turns out to be bullshit.

The other piece of news is that Raimi is actually having trouble deciding on a villain. He doesn't want to bog it down like he did with Spider-Man 3 (that was more the studios fault then anything though). People are thinking it could end up delaying production.

Personally, I really want a Lizard/Kraven movie with someone like DDL or Josh Brolin playing Kraven. Those two villains can naturally work together whereas putting Sandman with Venom was just an unnatural mess. Lizard is kind of a shallow character, I can't see a 2 hour movie being carried by him. They need to drop Peter's emotional baggage too and just turn him into a one-line zinger machine. Also, re-cast Mary Jane.

I agree with the Lizard as a villain

While Spidey 1 & 2 were great, the 3rd opus was a total POS.

Actually, the latest one was a chick flick with a few action scenes.

I just want pure action, do it Sam !

I agree with the Lizard as a villain

While Spidey 1 & 2 were great, the 3rd opus was a total POS.

Actually, the latest one was a chick flick with a few action scenes.

I just want pure action, do it Sam !

Yeah, Tobey's Peter Parker is a whiny bitch. He needs to be more relaxed and joking around with the villains. Well not joking around but making jokes. The only character better at one-liners in the Marvel universe then Spidey is Deadpool (and even thats arguable). The joking around is what made Spider-Man popular because he's not even close to being one of the most powerful or smartest characters. Hulk or Thor would stomp the shit out of him, Mr.Fantastic and Iron Man are WAY smarter then him.

Just to leave the comic-book realm for a second and enter actual film-making, one of my most anticipated movies came out today. Up In The Air, directed by Jason Reitman who I'm quickly becoming a huge fan of. Thank You For Smoking is great and I really liked Juno as well. Plus he directed a couple of my favourite episodes of The Office (which is by far my fave show). And he's the son of the man responsible for Ghostbusters. Thats instant win in my books.

And Avatar is out, hoping to see that next week sometime. It seems to be living up to its colossal hype which makes me glad. Big Cameron fan too.

Kirsten Dunst re-cast? Bite your tongue. She's hot. :P As for the villain, if Malkovich plays it, no matter who it is, it'll be beyond awesome. He's one of the best character actors Hollywood has ever produced. Love that guy. Disappointed hearing about Hathaway because she's not nearly hot enough to be the Black Cat. THAT should have gone to Portman. Think about HER in a catsuit. Raaooowwrrr!

Kirsten Dunst re-cast? Bite your tongue. She's hot. :P As for the villain, if Malkovich plays it, no matter who it is, it'll be beyond awesome. He's one of the best character actors Hollywood has ever produced. Love that guy. Disappointed hearing about Hathaway because she's not nearly hot enough to be the Black Cat. THAT should have gone to Portman. Think about HER in a catsuit. Raaooowwrrr!

Oh, I don't have a problem with Malkovich at ALL. Guy is amazing, I just hate The Vulture. Kirsten Dunst isn't hot either, she's cute, but not hot. I should scan part of my Civil War: Spider-Man TPB so you can get what MJ should REALLY look like. Sure as hell isn't Kirsten Dunst. The musical did a better job casting Evan Rachel Wood but thats still just not quite close.

Anne Hathaway on the other hand is smoking. And can act. But they want to make up some lame villain for her, totally ruining her inclusion in the process.

(I actually like Dunst but no way in hell is she Mary Jane Watson)

Oh, I don't have a problem with Malkovich at ALL. Guy is amazing, I just hate The Vulture. Kirsten Dunst isn't hot either, she's cute, but not hot. I should scan part of my Civil War: Spider-Man TPB so you can get what MJ should REALLY look like. Sure as hell isn't Kirsten Dunst. The musical did a better job casting Evan Rachel Wood but thats still just not quite close.

Anne Hathaway on the other hand is smoking. And can act. But they want to make up some lame villain for her, totally ruining her inclusion in the process.

(I actually like Dunst but no way in hell is she Mary Jane Watson)

I think Megan Fox should be Black Cat. The studio should get on that.

She can be both! Think of the costume savings!

No! No double-dipping! I'm already mad at Ryan Reynolds, he's got 3 characters under his belt. He should let someone else play Green Lantern.

Which reminds me, Ray Stevenson is the only other guy to get two characters. He played The Punisher a year ago and is going to play Volstagg (the big jolly fat guy. Just imagine if Santa liked killing orcs and stuff.) in Thor.

Alright Colin, we pretty much filled that whole page with comic nonsense! *high five*

Edited by jetsniper

Alright Colin, we pretty much filled that whole page with comic nonsense! *high five*

^5 Well done!

Gotta say, though, Ryan Reynolds can play whomever he wants. Man crush!

^5 Well done!

Gotta say, though, Ryan Reynolds can play whomever he wants. Man crush!

I do not care for him. Although he does seem to know his stuff when it comes to comics.

Can we agree that best comic book portrayal will always be Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark though? He's the one character where I see no difference between the movie version and comic version.

I do not care for him. Although he does seem to know his stuff when it comes to comics.

Can we agree that best comic book portrayal will always be Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark though? He's the one character where I see no difference between the movie version and comic version.

lol That's because they're both vagrants with talent. I did like the most recent Batman too - name escapes me right now because I'm old and tired. He was really good.

lol That's because they're both vagrants with talent. I did like the most recent Batman too - name escapes me right now because I'm old and tired. He was really good.

Yeah, I know RDJ is basically just playing himself but it works so well. He even grew up reading Iron Man. I'm such a huge fan of his though, I'd rather pass on Christmas family dinner to go see Sherlock Holmes. :lol:

Christian Bale is a great Bruce Wayne, half-decent Batman. He needs to drop his TDK voice and go back to the Batman Begins one. He overdid it in TDK.

Or did you mean Heath Ledger who got the Oscar for playing Joker?

Spiderman 3 was a convoluted mess. It should have been Venom alone, no other villain. Sure, the rest of the villain cast probably need to be paired up to be worth while, but Venom can carry a movie on his own.

Vulture? Meh. Lizard? Meh.

Vulture and Lizard? ... I'd watch.

Spiderman 3 was a convoluted mess. It should have been Venom alone, no other villain. Sure, the rest of the villain cast probably need to be paired up to be worth while, but Venom can carry a movie on his own.

Vulture? Meh. Lizard? Meh.

Vulture and Lizard? ... I'd watch.

Personally I thought Venom needed to be 2 movies. Spider-Man 3 is where the symbiote attaches itself to Peter and he experiences the positives and negatives of the black suit. Then at the end is where he realizes it's changing him so he tosses it and it attaches itself to Eddie. The very last thing you hear in Spider-Man 3 is Venom's scream.

Then Spider-Man 4 is Venom's movie. That was actually how I assumed it was going to go, left kind of disappointed when they just shoved Venom into the last 20 minutes.

Personally I thought Venom needed to be 2 movies. Spider-Man 3 is where the symbiote attaches itself to Peter and he experiences the positives and negatives of the black suit. Then at the end is where he realizes it's changing him so he tosses it and it attaches itself to Eddie. The very last thing you hear in Spider-Man 3 is Venom's scream.

Then Spider-Man 4 is Venom's movie. That was actually how I assumed it was going to go, left kind of disappointed when they just shoved Venom into the last 20 minutes.

I like that idea. Do that and ditch emo-Peter and it might have been a half decent movie, setting up an excellent one.

Going to see Avatar tomorrow. Anyone know if it's worth paying the extra money to see it in 3D?

I like that idea. Do that and ditch emo-Peter and it might have been a half decent movie, setting up an excellent one.

I wouldn't of made Sandman such a sympathetic character either. All that crap about how he's stealing for his daughter and he was part of killing Uncle Ben (but didn't mean to!) was made up for the movie and unnecessary. I shouldn't be feeling sorry for the villain in a comic book movie.

Going to see Avatar tomorrow. Anyone know if it's worth paying the extra money to see it in 3D?

According to all sources so far, it is.

According to all sources so far, it is.

I haven't really been following this new 3D movement. Are the glasses better than the ones they used in the '80s and any time they do 3D on TV? Those things hurt my eyes and distort the color and picture. Way too gimmicky.