Movies

habs_in_the_blood

I haven't really been following this new 3D movement. Are the glasses better than the ones they used in the '80s and any time they do 3D on TV? Those things hurt my eyes and distort the colour and picture. Way too gimmicky.

I've only seen Up in 3D and I was really impressed. The colour is natural and clear. A live action movie would be sweet.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't really been following this new 3D movement. Are the glasses better than the ones they used in the '80s and any time they do 3D on TV? Those things hurt my eyes and distort the colour and picture. Way too gimmicky.

Apparently this is different from the traditional 3D stuff. Some of the positives I've heard are that Cameron doesn't turn it into a gimmick and it feels much more natural instead of stuff just shooting out at you. Everyone that saw the preview back in the summer said if you have the option to see it in 3D then it's a must. I'm probably just gonna see it in a regular theater though, Calgary only has one IMAX theater and it's nowhere near me.

Just wait until 3D gaming starts up next year.

Apparently this is different from the traditional 3D stuff. Some of the positives I've heard are that Cameron doesn't turn it into a gimmick and it feels much more natural instead of stuff just shooting out at you. Everyone that saw the preview back in the summer said if you have the option to see it in 3D then it's a must. I'm probably just gonna see it in a regular theater though, Calgary only has one IMAX theater and it's nowhere near me.

Just wait until 3D gaming starts up next year.

Really !?! I have like 2 IMAX theaters at MAXIMUM 20 mins of car.

I haven't really been following this new 3D movement. Are the glasses better than the ones they used in the '80s and any time they do 3D on TV? Those things hurt my eyes and distort the color and picture. Way too gimmicky.

just saw Avatar. pretty awesome I must say. The whole movie is in 3D, a full 2 hours and a half of stunning high quality imagery. The movie is a combination of animation and reality but the distinction between the two is almost unnoticeable, which makes the movie spectacular to say the least. Of course the movie takes place on another planet, which allows Cameron to create some incredible scenerey and intriguing creatures. I've not been in awe like that since Jurassic Park.

Just got back from Invictus, phenomenal. Would this movie have been made if Morgan Freeman had've declined the role of Mandela? Can't think of anyone else who could realistically play him.

Was going to see Avatar but the IMAX was sold out and I'd rather wait to see it in all its glory.

I'm not really a fan of IMAX. I remember being in awe as a kid at the big screen, but I wasn't at all impressed when I went to one this year. I got a free movie ticket to see Star Trek, which I thought was a beautiful movie on a regular screen. The IMAX didn't add a thing to the viewing experience in my opinion. Definitely not worth the extra money. Sounds like the 3D will be, though. Luckily, one of the cheaper theatres around does offer 3D, so a matinee in 3D is still only $7.50, just fifty cents more than a regular matinee price at the expensive theatres.

Personally I thought Venom needed to be 2 movies. Spider-Man 3 is where the symbiote attaches itself to Peter and he experiences the positives and negatives of the black suit. Then at the end is where he realizes it's changing him so he tosses it and it attaches itself to Eddie. The very last thing you hear in Spider-Man 3 is Venom's scream.

Then Spider-Man 4 is Venom's movie. That was actually how I assumed it was going to go, left kind of disappointed when they just shoved Venom into the last 20 minutes.

I agree, as long as Venom carried the movie, it would be a good one.

Instead he's a footnote to the Sandman. THE ######ING SANDMAN. Even Osbourne's Goblin got more screentime in the 3rd movie than Venom.

"Spiderman 3" is "Batman and Robin." Studio executives couldn't keep their hands off of it.

Saw Avatar in 3D last night. First half of the movie set it up to be AWESOME, second half played the moral too strongly. Now instead of people commenting on the quality of the movie, they'll be debating the politics and the moral and all that crap. Despite the typical cheesy Cameron moments (like characters yelling "Nooooooooooooooooooo!" and the definitely NOT 3D villain shouting "That's right! Come to papa!") the movie is amazing and a must-see. I think it could have been so much better had he not "sold out" in the second half. (Likely going to be in the bottom half of my top 10 movies of the decade.)

Saw Avatar in 3D last night. First half of the movie set it up to be AWESOME, second half played the moral too strongly. Now instead of people commenting on the quality of the movie, they'll be debating the politics and the moral and all that crap.

You're almost baiting into another movie vs. story debate here, haha.

I saw The X Files: I Want to Believe and while I think it was decent, I was a little bit disappointed. And a bit grossed out I might add. :wacko:

I agree, as long as Venom carried the movie, it would be a good one.

Instead he's a footnote to the Sandman. THE ######ING SANDMAN. Even Osbourne's Goblin got more screentime in the 3rd movie than Venom.

"Spiderman 3" is "Batman and Robin." Studio executives couldn't keep their hands off of it.

Whats wrong with Sandman? He's no Goblin but he sure as hell isn't Electro either. He's one of the three guys I could kind of see Venom playing a footnote to (the others being Doc Ock and Gobby)

But really, the top three villains are Goblin, Doc Ock and then Venom. Raimi just hates the symbiote idea. Venom is getting a solo movie though so theres hope for that.

Nah, thats like the only complaint I've heard so far is that Cameron gets way too preachy in it.

Evidently I am seeing it in 3D though. My dad is getting off work early on Wednesday and we're gonna go see it together. Can't wait!

Edited by jetsniper

I saw The X Files: I Want to Believe and while I think it was decent, I was a little bit disappointed. And a bit grossed out I might add. :wacko:

Yeah. It wasn't bad, but it was nothing more than a two-part episode would have been like. Was much more like a TV reunion episode than a movie.

Nah, thats like the only complaint I've heard so far is that Cameron gets way too preachy in it.

Evidently I am seeing it in 3D though. My dad is getting off work early on Wednesday and we're gonna go see it together. Can't wait!

Oh my gosh. That was effing unbelievable! Many thanks go out to BTH for hyping up Avatar to me a couple months before I'd even heard of it. One of the best movies I've seen. True sci-fi at it's best!

The 3D was definitely worth it. That technology has definitely come a long way.

Spiderman 3 was a convoluted mess. It should have been Venom alone, no other villain. Sure, the rest of the villain cast probably need to be paired up to be worth while, but Venom can carry a movie on his own.

Vulture? Meh. Lizard? Meh.

Vulture and Lizard? ... I'd watch.

If you're going to bring up Vulture and Lizard, might as well just find a way to do the Sinister Six.

He's sand.

At his most badass, he causes chafing in your nether regions.

Not a comic reader, I guess. Sandman is basically on par with The Thing who is only slightly less powerful then Hulk. Sandman should easily beat the crap out of Spider-Man except his intelligence rating is in the tank.

If you're going to bring up Vulture and Lizard, might as well just find a way to do the Sinister Six.

Ock is dead and Lizard has only been part of a really lame Sinister Six that was defeated pretty easily by Cap.

The story is great (except for the fact that it's an exact copy of Pocahontas and Dances With Wolves), I just hate it when movies so clearly have an agenda. People that had previously disagreed with him are not going to change their minds because of the movie. He's just looking to get props from people who agree with his statement.

Oh my gosh. That was effing unbelievable! Many thanks go out to BTH for hyping up Avatar to me a couple months before I'd even heard of it. One of the best movies I've seen. True sci-fi at it's best!

The 3D was definitely worth it. That technology has definitely come a long way.

Yeah, James Cameron's one of the only guys who uses the expensive technology but remembers that he's making a movie and not a lights show. I hear they're going to use the technology created for Avatar to re-master old movies.