Movies

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved 300. No, it will never win the Best Picture award but it's entertaining and just mizes all the right things for the perfect war movie. A couple of good lines in there too. Plus, I always love Leonidas-ish characters who just kick ass and have fire in their eyes.

:lol:

I'm not a fan of Harry Potter either. I read the first book and I saw the first movie, possibly also the second one (I honestly don't remember if Ive seen it or if I have it confused with the first one). But I didn't like it. I probably would have loved it if I had read it (and seen it) fifteen years ago. However, at 31 I am not in the target audience, I suppose.

I'm 22, i'm a man, and i'm a big fan of Potter. The 5th chapter will be awesome !!! I read all the books and i can't wait for the # 5.

300 was AMAZING!!! Ive seen it 4 times and will probably see it 4 more (I work at a theatre so I see them for free)... The next movie Im eagerly waiting for is Grindhouse... which will set up a huge blockbuster summer. TMNT TOMORROW NIGHT WHOOOO!!!! BYAHHH!

:hlogo:

300 was AMAZING!!! Ive seen it 4 times and will probably see it 4 more (I work at a theatre so I see them for free)... The next movie Im eagerly waiting for is Grindhouse... which will set up a huge blockbuster summer. TMNT TOMORROW NIGHT WHOOOO!!!! BYAHHH!

:hlogo:

Gotta agree - 300 was awesome!

All I know about Grindhouse is that it's a Tarantino movie.

Ehhh, it was okay, but nothing to write home about. I think they tried too hard to be epic and as a result tended to go over the top more than necessary.

However, did anyone else think that Xerxes was a Go'auld? :blink:

No, it's a Tarantino/Rodriguez movie. It's split into two different movies, one directed by Tarantino and one by Rodriguez. They're both horror movies with Tarantino doing a slasher flick (and the slasher is Kurt Russell. I find that funny) and Rodriguez is doing a zombie flick. Really intriguing idea, I'm looking forward.

As for 300, I thought it was fantastic. Really lived up to the graphic novel the same way that Sin City, really captured the intensity.

Original fans will like it. I grew up on the original cartoon and i loved it. The new cartoons blow.

Awesome, I was wondering about that as well. I lived and breathed the original cartoon, I have almost the entire collection of toys.

Was there a lot of people in the age range of the original series at the theater? I was curious if the college-esque crowd would have a big turnout or if it would be mostly kids who watch the newer version (where I'll share the sentiments that it sucks).

Awesome, I was wondering about that as well. I lived and breathed the original cartoon, I have almost the entire collection of toys.

Was there a lot of people in the age range of the original series at the theater? I was curious if the college-esque crowd would have a big turnout or if it would be mostly kids who watch the newer version (where I'll share the sentiments that it sucks).

I went to a 1015 show, so it might not be too accurate, but pretty much the whole theatre was the 18-25 demographic who clearly grew up on the old cartoons and the live-action movies.

BTW I thougth that the new movie was a lot better than the old ones...

I went to a 1015 show, so it might not be too accurate, but pretty much the whole theatre was the 18-25 demographic who clearly grew up on the old cartoons and the live-action movies.

BTW I thougth that the new movie was a lot better than the old ones...

Really? Thats awesome, I was hoping for that.

I think anything is better then that last one they put out. The whole time travel thing to Ancient China was stupid.

I agree, it was an excellent movie with great acting.

totally. the actor who played solomon was terrific. I don't know where they shut the movie but it's a beautiful country.

Yupp, he was my favourite in the whole film...but Leo was still the most drool-worthy. ^_^

I thought you would've prefferd the scene in the prison when solomon is naked...talk about eye candy...grrrrrr

I thought the girl was really cute in her dress at the bar...It was nice to see someone who can act, not just flavor of the day bimbo with a huge rack( not that I have anything against huge racks !!)

I thought you would've prefferd the scene in the prison when solomon is naked...talk about eye candy...grrrrrr

I thought the girl was really cute in her dress at the bar...It was nice to see someone who can act, not just flavor of the day bimbo with a huge rack( not that I have anything against huge racks !!)

True enough, but I'd rather fool around with Leo than Solomon.

The girl was not bad, a great actress, but I wouldn't call her a looker (in comparison to other starlets).