Movies

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's great about Tarantino is how he turns the characters into real people b ythrowing in scenes where they have random conversation about random topics. For instance, the interpretation of "Like a Virgin" in Reservoir Dogs, and Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta debating about foot massages in Pulp Fiction. Good stuff.
Hmm. I never thought about it that way. I am not sure I agree. I always saw it as just "cool dialogues".

I made a deal with my friend that if I watch Saw (which I'm too scared to watch, and he loves) with him during the summer then he has to finally watch The Usual Suspects with me during the summer. :)

I actually fell asleep during Saw... That's not saying much though because I tend to fall asleep in a lot of movies.

I usually don't go to the movies anymore unless it's on a date.

You love City of God but you can't watch Saw? :blink:

I didn't find City of God disturbing at all. Apparently the Saw series only gets disgusting in Saw 2.

Hmm. I never thought about it that way. I am not sure I agree. I always saw it as just "cool dialogues".

Well, when you watch a movie like Pirates of the Caribbean, you see a guy like Jack Sparrow making witty lines and coming up with great, cool lines every scene. In real life, people have random conversations about just any things that are on their mind (other than rum). Tarantino is the best director at simulating real life, I think, and he does it by throwing in scenes that serve no purpose other than building up characters (though he does it wthout making the movie boring.)

Just why Seinfeld is such a great show. People witness everyday situations and realize just how funny it is that the rest of the world experiences the same little problems as you do.

ah you didn't know? Quebec french is stuck in the 16,17,18th century and never modernized while France's french did. For example when talking about the weekend in Quebec you don't say Le Weekend like you would in France.

The two are completely different because Quebec lost its link to France around Napolean's time. If a french person from France goes to Quebec they will get confused and not understand a word they are saying. Like wise if a french speaking person goes to France.

a person from France would see Quebec french as archaic and lots of slang.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_French

ah you didn't know? Quebec french is stuck in the 16,17,18th century and never modernized while France's french did. For example when talking about the weekend in Quebec you don't say Le Weekend like you would in France.

The two are completely different because Quebec lost its link to France around Napolean's time. If a french person from France goes to Quebec they will get confused and not understand a word they are saying. Like wise if a french speaking person goes to France.

a person from France would see Quebec french as archaic and lots of slang.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_French

In France, they use a lot more english words than here in Québec. They use "faire du shopping" (here it's : "magasiner"), parking (with a terrible french accent) while we use "stationnement", etc...

I didn't find City of God disturbing at all. Apparently the Saw series only gets disgusting in Saw 2.

Well, when you watch a movie like Pirates of the Caribbean, you see a guy like Jack Sparrow making witty lines and coming up with great, cool lines every scene. In real life, people have random conversations about just any things that are on their mind (other than rum). Tarantino is the best director at simulating real life, I think, and he does it by throwing in scenes that serve no purpose other than building up characters (though he does it wthout making the movie boring.)

true. he's the best to build characters. Just think about Tarantino and Clooney in from dusk till dawn, Rodriguez and Quentin made it a way the firts 45 minutes are just about building characters and THEN, the movie start. AMAZING.

In France, they use a lot more english words than here in Québec. They use "faire du shopping" (here it's : "magasiner"), parking (with a terrible french accent) while we use "stationnement", etc...

Also, the word "arrête" doesn't exist in France so the stop signs just say "stop."

Ok you got me, yes my name is Cameron Diaz.

I know i pretend to be some dutch fool, but now you know: Cameron Diaz is a Habs Fan!!

so you're a terrible actress with a cute butt ??!!

So in my winter break I averaged a movie a day and in the summer I should watch a lot too (though that pace will be impossible, I'll be too busy). So does anyone have any recommendations for me to add to my summer movie list?

So in my winter break I averaged a movie a day and in the summer I should watch a lot too (though that pace will be impossible, I'll be too busy). So does anyone have any recommendations for me to add to my summer movie list?

is it you that didn't see ferris bueller ??

is it you that didn't see ferris bueller ??

Yep. *looks it up*

A comedy. I'll try and find it at Videotron next time I go.

the movie will probably scar bth for life considering the movie is as old as me and the actors are pretty famous now and are all old and grey.

I've seen and liked movies much older than this if that's what you mean. Anyways, The Breakfast Club will always be my favourite John Hughes movie.

Oh no if you've ever watched a lot of Spin City you'll do a double take.

If you meant Sin City I've seen it twice and I'm excited for Sin City 2 because I think Johnny Depp being in it is confirmed.

If there's another movie called Spin City, I don't know it.

I gave you like 15 recommendations the other day...

no its a tv show that michael j fox was in and had to leave after being diagnosed with parkinsons. Then Charlie Sheen took over.

One of the minor characters was a major character in ferris when he was much younger and wasn't completely grey.

Who?

I've seen Ferris Bueller (fun movie!!!!) and i use to watch SPin City. I had to look up who played in both, so its cameron, i never knew!