Movies

habs_in_the_blood

That trailer makes it look better than the other ones but I bet it'll be the biggest disappointment yet (being the best book yet to be put on screen).

I watched Trainspotting this morning. Pretty sick, but I got a bit bored. In terms of funny UK movies, I prefer In Bruges and This Is England and in terms of drug addiction movies I prefer Requiem For A Dream and Blow so it was nothing special to me. I've never really been a fan of disturbing drug images (which for me includes just watching someone shoot heroin) so I didn't really want to watch some parts or get too involved. The way this movie's presented gives the viewer the chance to tune out unlike Requiem that just attacks you. I'm wondering how much Requiem and Magnolia were influenced from parts of this.

Spun is a pretty good one too.

Edited by JoeLassister

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's great.

I loved the character in the Shrek films and I think it is a can't miss hit once again for Dreamworks.

I think this is WAY too much. Shrek 4 is coming, then you're supposed to get that TV thing, and then Puss in Boots !

Saw Hancock today

First half was pretty good. Second half was meh at best. The big plot twist really changed the movie for the worse. O well.

Bernie Mac died today of pneumonia. he was only 50.

I liked him alot in the Oceans films.

RIP Bernie !!

Maribel Verdú!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as funny dialogue goes, there isn't much better. I just saw Clerks and that's also got some funny moments.

Batman was... wow. Epic really. I wanted to go see it again right after it had ended.

I saw it again tonight. The second time was even better!

Saw Hancock today

First half was pretty good. Second half was meh at best. The big plot twist really changed the movie for the worse. O well.

And it wasn't even a regular plot twist that adds another element to the movie. It's this big, giant twist where it basically becomes a whole other movie on it's own. It's definitely one of those movies where you come out saying "What the hell was that?"

Maribel Verdú!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just looking at her profile the other day and had no idea she was in Pan's Labyrinth. Loved her since I saw mama tambien when it first came out though.

I saw it again tonight. The second time was even better!

Yeah, I found a good TS of it that I've got on my PS3's hard drive so I've watched it a few times since it came out. Still hasn't lost any of it's luster to me. And it's still #1 at the box office. I'm still not sure it'll catch Titanic though (but it would be so great if it did)

Man, I killed the thread.

Half-Blood Prince has been delayed till the Summer because WB has no other big family movies. Lame.

Tropic Thunder was great, I liked it more then Step Brothers. I wouldn't recommend it if you're an extremely conservative person though, theres a lot you can probably be offended by. If you can go in not caring though, it's a decent way to spend 2 hours on an afternoon. Robert Downey Jr. rules, he's got some great scenes.

Any idea where I could find the first 2 Pirates of the Carribean movies for cheap?

I got the 3rd one for $5 at Blockbuster but oddly, I cant find the other 2 for less than $15.

O ya, also any idea on when Wall-E will be avaible on DVD? I'll be sure to buy that and Dark Knight as soon as they are avaible.

Edited by Jean

Thanks for the link man!

No problems. They actually used to give exact dates years ago but I have no idea how accurate they were. I'm assuming they got complaints or something and thats why it's just vague guesses now.