Movies

habs_in_the_blood

I watched The Usual Suspects this morning. Wow! Great movie!

it's one of my favourite movie ever. kevin spacey is simply amazing !!

rat on your pop and Kaiser soze will get you !!

I saw over the edge yesterday: just love that squirrel. the fat cat is great too.

Edited by marky_and_komi

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched The Usual Suspects this morning. Wow! Great movie!

It surely is!

Super ending!

GO :hlogo: GO!

It surely is!

Super ending!

GO :hlogo: GO!

Yeah, it's gotta be one of my favourites.

I liked the line:

"Do you believe in him?"

"Keaton always told me he didn't believe in God, but he was scared of him. I believe in God but th eonly thing I'm scared of is Kaiser Soze."

and "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

it's one of my favourite movie ever. kevin spacey is simply amazing !!

rat on your pop and Kaiser soze will get you !!

I saw over the hedge yesterday: just love that squirrel. the fat cat is great too.

Haha, I loved Over The Hedge, hilarious movie.

Going with the family tonight to see "Night At The Museum". Not expecting a cinematic masterpiece of course but should be some good family fun.

Rewatched The Usual Suspects last night and saw Con Air this morning. I need to rent more movies now. Welcome to winter break!

Rewatched The Usual Suspects last night and saw Con Air this morning. I need to rent more movies now. Welcome to winter break!

I rented annapolis the other day and' boy was I dissapointed..what a stinker!!

Night At The Museum was actually a pretty decent flick, it had the entire theater laughing for most of the movie.

So did Bewitched. :puke:

I borrowed Inside Man from my friend and I should be renting more movies to watch in the car on the way to Albany tomorrow. I refuse to watch less than 8 movies during my winter break I've got 2 after 3 days so far. :D

So did Bewitched. :puke:

I borrowed Inside Man from my friend and I should be renting more movies to watch in the car on the way to Albany tomorrow. I refuse to watch less than 8 movies during my winter break I've got 2 after 3 days so far. :D

Ah, sorry some of our tastes range outside of Oscar-ish contenders.

• 2 weeks later...
I rented annapolis the other day and' boy was I dissapointed..what a stinker!!

I liked the movie. Wasn't great or anything, but I thought it was entertaining. Jordana Brewster being hot didn't hurt it either.

Night At The Museum was actually a pretty decent flick, it had the entire theater laughing for most of the movie.

I haven't seen it yet, but I want to. It looks like a good family-type movie.

We Were Soldiers is a great movie. You should see it.

Doesn't even compare to Braveheart or The Patriot.

I haven't seen it yet, but I want to. It looks like a good family-type movie.

You'd be correct there, it's a perfect family movie. I know lots of people are skeptical because of Ben Stiller (I don't know why he gets so much flack, I think hes really funny) but it wasn't his usualy crude type humor. It was a very good movie if you go in with the right expectations.

Well, my break ends tomorrow and I've seen (though not all of these are for the first time)

The Usual Suspects x 2

The Italian Job

Full Metal Jacket

Munich

Inside Man

Con Air

40 Year Old Virgin

The Mummy

The DaVinci Code

Little Miss Sunshine

Pulp Fiction

(Most of) Octopussy

(Most of) On Her Majesty's Secret Service

The Hours

and tomorrow: Platoon

I rented The Da Vinci Code the other day. What a waste. I want my money and the two hours and 20 minutes of my life back! :P

I rented The Da Vinci Code the other day. What a waste. I want my money and the two hours and 20 minutes of my life back! :P

haha.. I saw it the other day too. it really wasn't done well at all. Had I not read the book, I don't thin kI would have understood it at all.

haha.. I saw it the other day too. it really wasn't done well at all. Had I not read the book, I don't thin kI would have understood it at all.

the book is so much better.

I'm sure you would've understand it, the chapters are really short :P

the book is so much better.

I'm sure you would've understand it, the chapters are really short :P

no, I read and understood the book.

I said had I NOT read the book, the movie would have gone in one ear and out the other.

no, I read and understood the book.

I said had I NOT read the book, the movie would have gone in one ear and out the other.

ohhhhh I seeee.

my bad !!

I had read the book too. I'm thinking maybe that's one of the reasons why I didn't like the movie. I knew what was going to happen, so there wasn't any excitment at all. I thought I was in the right mood to see it, but perhaps I wasn't. It didn't feel like the movie had any atmosphere at all. The only thing that I found interesting was seeing the different locations, but that's basically it.

On the other hand I think the whole film was poorly executed. I honestly didn't expect much from Hanks (I have very mixed feelings about him as an actor, sometimes I think he's great, sometimes I think he stinks up the place), he didn't disappoint me but he didn't impress me either. I was disappointed by Audrey Tautou, and got about the same impression of Ian KcKellan as I got of Hanks, and the same goes for Reno, Paul Bettany (don't albinos have red eyes BTW?) and Alfred Molina. The characters just felt boring and one-dimensional.

I don't know if that is because I don't think Ron Howard did a good job, or if it were the actors. Either way, even if my expectations were low, I was still disappointed.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Batman Begins today. I liked it very much. Possibly the best superhero movie I've seen (least I can't think of a better one off the top of my head).

Yesterday I watched Full Metal Jacket. Man did Stanley Kubrick make great movies! Next week they're showing Lolita on Swedish television. I've programmed the DVR already!