Movies

habs_in_the_blood

Finally saw Hancock last night. I seem to recall it getting bad press. Wasn't the greatest movie, but it was reasonably entertaining Hollywood fare. Also saw the Transporter 2 three days ago (when you have a kid, you don't see movies until he's older lol) and that was okay as well. The wife rented some Hugh Jackman thing that we'll watch soon. Deception, maybe? Who knows. I'm sure she rented it for Hugh. LOL

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally saw Hancock last night. I seem to recall it getting bad press. Wasn't the greatest movie, but it was reasonably entertaining Hollywood fare.

Wasn't terrible, but wasn't good either. Definitely at the bottom of the list when it comes to Will Smith.

Edit: Ok, so not the very bottom of the list, I forgot about Wild Wild West, haha.

JIM WEST

DESPERADO

ROUGHRIDAH

NO YOU DON'T WANT NADDA

NONE OF THIS SIX GUNNIN DIS

At least that movie spawned one of his catchiest songs. Hancock gave me nothing. He needs to keep doing catchy songs for the soundtracks. Imagine a catchy rap song based on I Am Legend!

JIM WEST

DESPERADO

ROUGHRIDAH

NO YOU DON'T WANT NADDA

NONE OF THIS SIX GUNNIN DIS

At least that movie spawned one of his catchiest songs. Hancock gave me nothing. He needs to keep doing catchy songs for the soundtracks. Imagine a catchy rap song based on I Am Legend!

:puke:

Will Smith's songs make his movies look spectacular.

I started a book called Easy Riders, Raging Bulls; How the Sex n Drugs n Rock n Roll Era Saved Hollywood, by Peter Biskind. It's not a novel, it's a just a guy who seems to know EVERYTHING about movies and tells stories as if he has everyone in the history of the business mic'ed at all times. He's interviewed everyone and all their relatives and co-workers and just tells incredibly detailed stories for somebody that wasn't in the room. My friend lent it to me yesterday and I'm over 100 pages in. Cool book. The gist of it is that they were all insane.

:lol: I've seen that before but it's still hilarious.

I don't care how bad some of his movies are, Will Smith is awesome.

Big props to the humans that can do more than one thing at a professional level.

Deion Sanders, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Will Smith, Clara Hugues come to my mind. Arnold Schwar....eger and Ken Dryden too.

Big props to the humans that can do more than one thing at a professional level.

Deion Sanders, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Will Smith, Clara Hugues come to my mind. Arnold Schwar....eger and Ken Dryden too.

But they're almost always sub-par or mediocre at least one of the jobs. (e.g. every celebrity that randomly decides to release an album).

But they're almost always sub-par or mediocre at least one of the jobs. (e.g. every celebrity that randomly decides to release an album).

Depends how high you place the bar. I mean, some don't get there, some succeed. Will Smith may not be the best rapper, but he sells albums... Arnold is certainly not the best governor, but he was elected...

I mean, The Rock was a pro footballer with the Stamps (on the bench, but still in the team...), a HUGE star in the WWE and an actor who played in several Hollywood movies. Sure they were not the best movies, but he made it. I'm sure some kids liked them.

Depends how high you place the bar. I mean, some don't get there, some succeed. Will Smith may not be the best rapper, but he sells albums... Arnold is certainly not the best governor, but he was elected...

I mean, The Rock was a pro footballer with the Stamps (on the bench, but still in the team...), a HUGE star in the WWE and an actor who played in several Hollywood movies. Sure they were not the best movies, but he made it. I'm sure some kids liked them.

He was on our practice roster for not even a month. He lived out of a dumpy motel in Motel Village, I don't think that really counts. He was a big star in Miami with the Hurricanes though.

If Rock dropped the family scthick too, he could be the next Bruce Willis or Arnold. Just a gigantic action star. Pretty sure he's said he doesn't want to go in that direction though.

And to be fair to Will, he was the Fresh Prince long before he became a movie star. Won the first ever Grammy for a Rap song. He hasn't put out a good album in like, 15 years though.

He was on our practice roster for not even a month. He lived out of a dumpy motel in Motel Village, I don't think that really counts. He was a big star in Miami with the Hurricanes though.

If Rock dropped the family scthick too, he could be the next Bruce Willis or Arnold. Just a gigantic action star. Pretty sure he's said he doesn't want to go in that direction though.

And to be fair to Will, he was the Fresh Prince long before he became a movie star. Won the first ever Grammy for a Rap song. He hasn't put out a good album in like, 15 years though.

Exactly what I mean by how high you place the bar.

I'm sure that some might think that being on a reserve team for a pro football team does count, some might think that Big Willie Style is a good album and some might think that some The Rock movies are good movies.

I, for sure, doesn't recognize Big Willie Style or any The Rock movie as "good", but I surely think that being on a reserve team in the CFL does count. Especially if the guy gave up on this "career" to become an International WWE star.

He gave up on it because Buono let him go and no one else made him any offers. His football career ended on its own, not because he decided to. He sat around at home in Miami for a month before deciding to follow in the footsteps of his father and grandfather. Calgary letting him go actually rattled him because he had banked on playing football for the rest of his life and when that completely fell through, he had no idea where to go from there.

He gave up on it because Buono let him go and no one else made him any offers. His football career ended on its own, not because he decided to. He sat around at home in Miami for a month before deciding to follow in the footsteps of his father and grandfather. Calgary letting him go actually rattled him because he had banked on playing football for the rest of his life and when that completely fell through, he had no idea where to go from there.

Oh. Well... guess he found out the ULTIMATE B plan then...

Oh. Well... guess he found out the ULTIMATE B plan then...

Yeah, the wrestling career kinda helped him out a bit. :lol:

The best part is he was only a half-decent wrestler too but he was AMAZING on the mic so he managed to get over with the fans anyway. A lot of his phrases were in pop culture too at the height of his popularity in the WWF.

Jabroni was a really popular insult in grade 6

1) WWE is basically acting.

2) He only ever made it as an actor because he was already famous. Sam for Keira Knightley/Paris Hilton/Actress X releasing an album.

She's still singing when she would never have made it as a singer had she not already made it as an actress.

She's still singing when she would never have made it as a singer had she not already made it as an actress.

I guess you would say that Aaron Asham not already made it as a hockey player...

I guess you would say that Aaron Asham not already made it as a hockey player...

I don't think you understood me.

I didn't say Keira Knightley wasn't good enough at singing to count as being a pro singer.

I said that the only reason why she ever made it is because she was already rich, famous and had a big fanbase.

Give everyone that kind of opportunity and there'll be a lot of people with multiple jobs.

Do you think The Rock would have been chosen for his films had he not already been The Rock from the WWF? Probably not.

I don't think you understood me.

I didn't say Keira Knightley wasn't good enough at singing to count as being a pro singer.

I said that the only reason why she ever made it is because she was already rich, famous and had a big fanbase.

Give everyone that kind of opportunity and there'll be a lot of people with multiple jobs.

Do you think The Rock would have been chosen for his films had he not already been The Rock from the WWF? Probably not.

my bad. I read AND she not already made it as an actress.

Yeah, she sang for the part in the movie. They just happened to put the songs on the soundtrack.

She's not nor has any plans to try and be an actual singer. The one movie happened to call for it. She lost out to Emmy Rossum in The Phantom of the Opera because the director didn't think she could sing very well.