Injured D-men

chief_balthor

Canadiens captain Saku Koivu suggested the lower body injuries to defenceman Craig Rivet and Mathieu Dandenault shouldn't prevent them from suiting up Tuesday night against the Calgary Flames. "You never want to see guys getting hurt," Koivu said. "But I don't see it being a problem for the next game." - Montreal Sun

Canadiens captain Saku Koivu suggested the lower body injuries to defenceman Craig Rivet and Mathieu Dandenault shouldn't prevent them from suiting up Tuesday night against the Calgary Flames. "You never want to see guys getting hurt," Koivu said. "But I don't see it being a problem for the next game." - Montreal Sun

Thanx smon

Cool.

We can handle one. I wouldn't be hitting the panic button if Streit came in. That's one thing.

Traverse?

That's another

I just finished watching the game( taped) and both guys didn't look good coming out of the ice. I could see rivet having a fracture and daddy a sprained knee.

Just a guess, but I figure Rivet could have a very deep bruise and Dandenault a broken ankle, or something of that sort (sprained).

I really hope not though, that'd be a big loss on the blue-line. I don't mind seeing Streit get some minutes though. Though, if both guys are out, I don't like the idea of seeing Traverse lacing them up for tha Habs again. :puke:

Koivu was quoted saying that he doesn't think the injuries should keep them out of any game action.

If anything, i would love to see Streit play.

I think Rivet is playing awfuly bad.

Streit looked amazing on the Power Play during the preseason.

Also, Sourray is finally going to have a fast linemate if he plays. I can't stand the Sourray/Rivet Combo. Two slow guys just don't work.

Most of our goals against besides being short handed was when they were on the ice.

Is Cote still injured? Jancevski is as well? Add Bouillon, and possibly Dandenault and Rivet and you've got 5 of our top 10 defensemen injured. Makes Bob Gainey's move for Niinimaa look all that more great.

As for Rivet, he took a shot off the hand against... erm, the Flyers or Sabres I think, and I'm not even sure he's 100% after that. Again he does his best to block a shot but gets hurt. Not sure if anyone else caught it, but during the PK against the Sens, when Rivet got hurt off the shot he blocked, he actually stayed on the ice for a bit because he couldn't get off and managed to block a second shot.

apparently rivet could play but it's more than questionnable for dandeneault.

source: la presse

quick question: who were the only two guys to play all the games last year ??

Edited by marky_and_komi

apparently rivet could play but it's more than questionnable for dandeneault.

source: la presse

quick question: who were the only two guys to play all the games last year ??

good point...but the had 4 months off...

good point...but the had 4 months off...

I wasn't trying to make a point. I was trying to show the irony of have the only 2 guys to play all the games last year being injured in the matter of 5 minutes.

Not sure if anyone else caught it, but during the PK against the Sens, when Souray got hurt off the shot he blocked, he actually stayed on the ice for a bit because he couldn't get off and managed to block a second shot.

You really mean Souray?

Because Rivet also got hurt on a PK and stayed on the ice too... Bonk had lost his stick on that sequence too.

Anyway... that's so shitty for Dandy. He was having such a nice start. As for Rivet... well... let's say that he can hardly be worse. Almost makes me wish it was the other way around, but seeing Streit with Niinimaa shouldn't be too bad.

Man, I REALLY hope Steit plays. I've heard nothing but good things since pre-season.

He even sounds and looks different when he talks.

yah the last version wus a clone...but i took care of him (in Arnolds schwarzenneger's voice)

You really mean Souray?

Because Rivet also got hurt on a PK and stayed on the ice too... Bonk had lost his stick on that sequence too.

Anyway... that's so shitty for Dandy. He was having such a nice start. As for Rivet... well... let's say that he can hardly be worse. Almost makes me wish it was the other way around, but seeing Streit with Niinimaa shouldn't be too bad.

Nahh typo, meant Rivet. lol.

Going to edit that now, was really tired last night, ended up crashing at 9pm. And yeah, to make it all worse I remember Bonk losing his stick on that one as well, lol.