Laothing Cherry

markierung

I was forced to watch the last habs game on CBC last night because the house i was at didn't have cable. I watched Coach's Corner to see Cherry make an idiot out of himself and he really pissed me off.

Firstly, he didn't say a word about the game that Hockey Night in Canada was airing. Of course he wouldn't shut up about all the other Canadian teams. God forbid he comments on the game and how we were basically dominating play.

Secondly, he's a total hypocrit. A few years ago he always critisized guys who wear visor's saying they aren't tough. Then last night, he makes a 5 minute tribute to Dion Phaneuf (a Visor wearing Beast)

I hate to say it, but this guy is so stupid he probably watches Tie Domi on TSN for his hockey information.

i don't know how you put up with his stupidity.

He praises any young guy from Ontario, and now he won't shut up about how he was right about Kyle Wellwood.

cherry will never change and no one is expecting him to change anyway... so... if u decide to watch him and his *show*... u gotta assume the consequence... which is to be in a bad mood :P

i think i rather listen to yvon pednault talking about his grand-mother's making apple pies than listen to cherry...

lolll this is soo jkss we should have a permanent "Don Cherry is a stupid **** thread" and talk about how his Coach's corner bull was really stupid, what a random thread by me but what the heck.

Habs All The Way Baby!

cherry will never change and no one is expecting him to change anyway... so... if u decide to watch him and his *show*... u gotta assume the consequence... which is to be in a bad mood :P

i think i rather listen to yvon pednault talking about his grand-mother's making apple pies than listen to cherry...

or watching demers saying nothing but nice comments on everything. can't the guy stand up for something. he seems like the perfect yesman.

btw why does he still have sheets in front of him. he can't ****ing read. we all know that. I just think it's ridiculous.

I don't want anyone thinking that I don't like him. I really do but he's not the right guy to do this.

If onolly there was another option than RDs I would be glad to try it.

What I hate about all the "experts" and "commentators" and "analysts" we see on the air on all those channels; its that almost none of them is actually giving away good, insightful comments about the technical aspects of the game. They dont dissects plays enough. Too much yaddle about player's, not enough real talk about the game itself.

Cherry: he's playing a character. He knows he's controversial: that's what get him attention in the first place. Its a c-h-a-r-a-c-t-e-r. Will you guys believe that I heard Don Cherry say, on the radio "Merci a tous mes amis de Quebec. J'aime Quebec." just 2 years ago? I dont get riled up by that. What annoys me is that he's 30 years late on today's hockey.

Demers: awesome guy in all senses of the word. If you ever get to read his book, you should. Its a lesson in being successful by being a genuinely good person. That's exceptionnal. BUT even as a coach Demers wasn't a known as a tactitian. So what can he say on the air that really teaches anything?

Demers: awesome guy in all senses of the word. If you ever get to read his book, you should. Its a lesson in being successful by being a genuinely good person. That's exceptionnal. BUT even as a coach Demers wasn't a known as a tactitian. So what can he say on the air that really teaches anything?

unfortunately, demers is all we have in store. a guy like quintal could be good but I don't believe he could be mean enough to diss his buddies

How about...

Claude Lemieux?

mets-en

that guy would be great or a marc bergevin who could tell us all the pranks he pulled on guys

i like don cherry...i mean when he disses other people then us....but you guys need to take what he says lightly...he's still pissed at montreal cause teh habs took the cup away from him back in the 70's (i think) and since then he's had a grudge against the habs...but the old man his senile let him be....heck he was voted canada's greatest guy a year ago

I'm a Don fan, but I'm a bigger Hrudey fan. Now that is a guy with insight.

I agree.. Don is amusing at best, but Kelly points out things that I rarely pick up on...

i'm a big Steve Ludzizk fan, he's on the score

you really can't point out any bias when he talks, and he actually is really insightful

Cherry is a buffoon. His show is all about his ego and arrogance. You gotta take it for entertainment only...he has no business coming on trying to act like an analyst. Sadly, there are too many people who "listen" to Cherry's word as gospel. Stupid lemmings.

Personally, I think McGuire does a solid job breaking down the game...possibly better then any other analyst. I know he doesn't get a lot of love but he keeps the bias out of his discussion too.

Not a fan of Hrudy at all. I did notice, the other day, that he's gotten better so maybe I'll stop changing the channel everytime he's on the screen.

Anyone who is known as a swedehater is hated by me since Im a swede :D But I bet he doesnt hate Mats Sundin. I like Sundin as well.. just hopes he gets traded soon so he can win a cup becaus I will never want the leafs to win one.

I dislike Don Cherry because of 1) his xenophobia and 2) how smug and self-congratulatory he can be. He actually is capable of insightful commentary, but hasn't bothered for about ten years now - all he has to do is act like Don Cherry and his fans will tune in. I watched Coach's Corner during that Leafs-Habs game and half of the segment was devoted to replaying old footage of him saying good things about Kyle Wellwood. There was no analysis explaining what Wellwood does that is so good, no clips of Wellwood doing good things, just slogans like "that Kyle Wellwood... boy what a player!" and I-told-you-so's.

I understand that Don Cherry is very popular and therefore will always have a job at the CBC (as long as he doesn't let fly with another "visor" comment or something)... but can the CBC at least stop pretending that he's a serious analyst? He's a colourful character with strong opinions about the game that rants and raves a lot... nothing more, nothing less. That's all well and good, but I prefer something a bit more substantive during the intermissions.

Edited by option+

Anyone who is known as a swedehater is hated by me since Im a swede :D But I bet he doesnt hate Mats Sundin. I like Sundin as well.. just hopes he gets traded soon so he can win a cup becaus I will never want the leafs to win one.

No team that Sundin is on will ever win a cup.............. Never

Sundin's a good guy - so don't knock. His skills are just so obvious that it makes me laugh that Leafs fans and Don were up in arms when they dumped the washed up Wendel Clark on the Avs or Nordiques for him.

Yeah he hasn't won a Cup. But Saku hasn't won one yet either.

Sundin's a good guy - so don't knock. His skills are just so obvious that it makes me laugh that Leafs fans and Don were up in arms when they dumped the washed up Wendel Clark on the Avs or Nordiques for him.

Yeah he hasn't won a Cup. But Saku hasn't won one yet either.

What you talkin about Saku won the cup in 2006- 07 playoffs with Montreal :D