Dags Suspended

jl.roberts

Here's your chance, Josef!  

Yup! Go Balej!!

It's not like those are the 2 games that will decide his career, but if he has 2 great games it surely could help him a lot.

BTW, dunno if other notices, but Juneau is playing harder than ever.. The day isn't very far away where Gainey will pull another "Audette-move" and we'll see Pleky up on the big club:hockey:

If Sundin makes the same accidental high-stick... he never gets even a 1 game suspension.

But when you're a no-name... then the league gets tough. Bunch of idiots.

It doesn't bother me that much because Dags had been regressing of late, and I hope Balej gets to play on the top lines for a change... get a little taste of what he can do.

I hope CJ gives him that chance.

I cant even remember the play that got him suspended , I remember the Marchment hit on Dagenais but I do not rememeber a response from Dagenais ... But from what I've been reading it was intentional by Dagenais , and deserved a suspension...

Guess I'll see the replay at 6pm and judge for myself.

What? He got 2 games for that???

I remember it. Dagenais turned to skate away from Marchment and clipped him with his stick while his back was turned. Clearly not intentional. I'll admit he should have gotten a penalty because it was careless use of the stick but no way it deserves two games. Especially if Sundin only gets one for throwing a broken stick into a crowd of people.

All the high sticking over the past few days, and that's the one that gets a suspension.

Originally posted by puck7x

I cant even remember the play that got him suspended , I remember the Marchment hit on Dagenais but I do not rememeber a response from Dagenais ... But from what I've been reading it was intentional by Dagenais , and deserved a suspension...  

Guess I'll see the replay at 6pm and judge for myself.

He just gets up after getting checked by Marchment, then he gets up and skates by Marchment with his stick up, and clips him in the face.

But he did so while looking at the puck, not lokking at Marchment.

It could be seen as a guy who did it accidentaly, or trying to make it look accidentaly.

Either way, if he's not a no-name player he doesn't get this suspension.

Originally posted by Habs77

It could be seen as a guy who did it accidentaly, or trying to make it look accidentaly.

Either way, if he's not a no-name player he doesn't get this suspension.

Remember when Dagenais scored in the 2nd game of the year between the teams? Right after he scored he got plastered by Marchment to the ice...

So their is a history between the 2 guys , it doesnt mean that Dagenais intentionally clipped Marchment , but he had a motive :)

Good call Bettman. I hope you handle the CBA better than this decision.

I think it was ridiculous. I'd like to think of myself as at least 90% unbiased, but Dagenais wasn't even looking at Marchment. He should have gotten the double-minor. There was no stickwork involved, really. He just skated with his stick up and managed to clip the guy in the face.

If that's what constitutes a two-game suspension then there should be a big pot for the Player's Emergency Fund.

Absolutely appaling. :wall:

It wouldn't bother me so much if the same rules apply league wide. If this is the first step in that direction, so be it. If not I will be severely disapointed.

I for one would like to see mandatory discipline for stick infractions and other stupid, careless infractions(knee on knee, slew footing, kicking etc) imposed on a league wide basis regardless of the players identity.

first incident 2 games

second incident 5 games

third incident 8 game

fourth incident 12 games

fifth incident 20 games (if you haven't got the picture by now Mr. Marchment...)

These would be the minumum penalties. If it is a first time incident that is deemed to be reckless and showing disregard for the safety of others or an intent to injure the length could be increased( what were you thinking Mr. Lecavallier).

What are your guys thoughts?

:ghg:

i've never been a big fan of manditory minimums, but it almost seems that a player's identity should be taken into account... if dags gets suspended nobody notices... throw a big suspension at joe sakic and word'll get around... completely unfair, but probably very effective