Jean

Seems like this game kick butts, from what I've read and seen at least

Edited by Jean

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my favourite game is still ROAD RASH...

an old game, I know... but easy to understand and fun to play.

Go :hlogo: Go!

any more details?

For now, I'll quote IGN.com

""Final Fantasy XII Review

Welcome, with open arms, the PlayStation 2's best RPG of the year."

"Closing Comments

Final Fantasy XII is a fantastic RPG. It blows all of its PS2 competition this year right out of the water and is among the all time elite role-players everbold and riveting move in a new direction. Whether you're a fan of the genre or not, FF12 most certainly deserves a special spot on your PS2 game shelf... put it in the front."

"10 Presentation

Lightning quick load times, one of the best storylines for any genre on any system for the entire year, and a gigantic fully-realized world is yours right out of the box.

10 Graphics

A PS2 technical accomplishment in every sense. Slowdown is a non-factor, model detail is incredible, facial and skeletal animation is stellar, and the artistic design kicks ass.

9.0 Sound

English and Scottish voice actors play out the storyline perfectly and the sound effects are varied and first-rate. Musically, FF12 isn't the best in the series, but is still extremely strong.

9.0 Gameplay

The new gambit system, full-camera control, license board upgrades, and enemy AI make for a Final Fantasy like no other. Best of all, it's fun AND challenging.

9.0 Lasting Appeal

Expect 40-100 hours of gameplay depending on your grinding preferences. Luckily, there are plenty of mini-games and hidden goodies to uncover along the way.

9.5 Incredible OVERALL

(out of 10 / not an average)"

rating_ecaward.gif

Yeah, my friend pre-ordered the CE with the shiny metal tin.

I played the demo that came with Dragon Quest VIII (which I bought last year) and the gameplay is much improved. It's more free-flowing then before and random battles are gone. I would've pre-ordered it as well but I opted for Gears Of War SE for the 360 instead, I'll probably head up there on Tuesday with him to buy F.E.A.R for the 360 as well.

FFXII is defnitely on my Christmas list though.

:lol:

Anime video game craze? Final Fantasy has been one of the most popular gaming franchises since the first one came out in 1987. It's a shame Dragon Quest didn't find the same success in America.

Anyway, which Elder Scrolls? Haven't tried Arena, liked Daggerfall, Morrowind was boring and I really like Oblivion.

:lol:

Anime video game craze? Final Fantasy has been one of the most popular gaming franchises since the first one came out in 1987. It's a shame Dragon Quest didn't find the same success in America.

Anyway, which Elder Scrolls? Haven't tried Arena, liked Daggerfall, Morrowind was boring and I really like Oblivion.

I didn't mean that it was recent... I just meant that I don't like anime-based video games, regardless of when they were released.

I want to try Oblivion, but I'm playing a friend's "copy" of Morrowind right now. I don't find it boring at all though and the scenery is just gorgeous!

I didn't mean that it was recent... I just meant that I don't like anime-based video games, regardless of when they were released.

I want to try Oblivion, but I'm playing a friend's "copy" of Morrowind right now. I don't find it boring at all though and the scenery is just gorgeous!

Haha, it's not an anime based game either, far from it. It's had a Japanese influence since it hit the PS but honestly, what game hasn't? If you want to make it in America, you need to succeed in Japan first. Which again leads me to question why the public never took to Dragon Quest. Seems like it was just the hardcore and FF fanboys who bought VIII last year.

Morrowind was incredibly tedious and just didn't give me that "feel" that Daggerfall did. Oblivion definitely put the series back on track.

final-fantasy-xii-20061027031034837.jpg

Does this look like animé to you? I don't think so :) Anyway I dont see anything wrong with animé based game but thats just me :)

pretty nerdy game in my opinion.

So what if it's nerdy :)

Jean, did you pre-order the CE version or are you just gonna take your changes in-store? My friend (probably like, a top 10 FF fan in the world) waited around to pre-order the special one. Number one on the list of pre-orders of like...I think Celeste said they got 60 pre-orders for the game.

And yeah, we're both on a first name basis with our EB Games. Thats how often we're in there. :unsure:

Jean, did you pre-order the CE version or are you just gonna take your changes in-store?

I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to pick up their special offer that includes a "book" (the guide I presume?). I'm not worried to see a mainstream title like that one running out of copies.

I only pre-ordered once and that was for Tales of the Abyss. I'm a big Final Fantasy fan but an even bigger Tales fan. I didnt wanted to miss it.

It'd probably be hard to come by for the first couple weeks unless you're quick but I think that'd be about it. I pre-order pretty much every game I get, it's incredibly convenient. Pay in full, EB calls you as soon as they get it. Much easier then the uncertainty of going to Futureshop or Best Buy.

Took me a week of phoning around before I managed to find Resident Evil 4 when it came out. Never again.

RE4? I just walked in the day it came out and got it right they're (Gamecube version) . Great game.. my oinly complaint about it is than it makes the other RE games look so horrible by comparaison.

Not one store in Calgary had it for two weeks. I was wandering around in the PS2 section at Futuershop one day and it was hiding behind Devil May Cry 2. Got lucky there.

One of my all-time favorites, unanimously named the 2005 Game of the Year.

Hmm, just looking around at Futureshop's website and it says they're selling XII today. Might want to go check out Futureshop or Best Buy today.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll go check it out when I go out in a few hours :)

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll go check it out when I go out in a few hours :)

Cool, let me know if they actually have it. Sometimes their site is weird. It's on sale too, only 50 bucks until Thursday. I'm thinking I might actually pick it up tomorrrow along with F.E.A.R.