Angelo Esposito

zumpano21

I'm a quebecer and I don't think that we should draft quebec 1st...at least no in the first 3 rounds. I don't think that esposito is a safe bet as 1st overall, there's a guy named logan couture in the OHL and and czeck playing playing for the cape breton screaming eagles in the Q.

to me its not important if we're not in the top ten at on draft day( altough I enjoy it) for example, gainey traded farther back in the 1st roung and managed to get his player as well as 2nd round pick wich gave us another Dman.

If I was going to, I wouldn't make a move this early. I'd atleast wait until after the WJC, just remember last year. Kessel took a huge slide and Johnson had a great tourney and was #1 from the WJC all the way to the draft.

Is it even possible to secure the #1 pick right now?! o_0

yeah it's possible : lose all the next 72 games

which we DUNT want and WONT do

umm... yeah... it's a fact... :D

conclusion : just think about winning games and make the playoffs and go win that STANLEY back!!!

No, i dont think we should do that, we need centers to win the stanley cup, we cant be wastin are players on draft picks,

Roloson was traded for a number 1 pick

we're probably going to have a goalie to trade very soon

it's possible

That was a deadline thing though, Edmonton was desperate. It's the same reason Witt went for a 1st round pick, teams kept on out-bidding each other.

Aebi/Huet aren't worth a 1st round pick at this point in the season.

It looks like we'll be picking in the 20s somewhere... Esposito will go Top 5 or Top 10 worst-case. If you're moving up that much specifically to get a certain player, then you'd better be damn sure he's going to be an impact guy... or it had better be because of special circumstances (i.e. the Canucks moving up to get both Sedins). And as good as Esposito looks, I'm wouldn't call him a sure thing. So no, I don't think Montreal should move up especially to get him. Now, if Gainey pulls off a Pollock-esque trade and somehow ends up with a Top 3 pick, that's a different story...

I'm a quebecer and I don't think that we should draft quebec 1st...at least no in the first 3 rounds.

Why is that? I'm just curious about your reasoning... :hlogo:

It looks like we'll be picking in the 20s somewhere... Esposito will go Top 5 or Top 10 worst-case. If you're moving up that much specifically to get a certain player, then you'd better be damn sure he's going to be an impact guy... or it had better be because of special circumstances (i.e. the Canucks moving up to get both Sedins). And as good as Esposito looks, I'm wouldn't call him a sure thing. So no, I don't think Montreal should move up especially to get him. Now, if Gainey pulls off a Pollock-esque trade and somehow ends up with a Top 3 pick, that's a different story...

Why is that? I'm just curious about your reasoning... :hlogo:

If you're going to pick Espo, pick him because he's the best option at your rank. He does fill a need, which is a C with a 1st line upside. We dont have any in the system. He's got supreme skating, but he's not as dominant as I expected. He was supposed to be a lock for 1st OA but he's dropping. He's got that little soft overprotected-child, always-been-#1, snooty-side-Montreal attitude that makes me weary. His little manoeuvre at the QMJHL draft didn't impressed me at all (threatened to go to US to avoid playing in a "small" town). That Lindroesque stuff isnt never a good sign. Hopefully Roy can mold him into a character winner the same way he did with Radulov...

From the early looks of it I don't think this is the draft to trade up. The '07 draft seems to be lacking the big name prospects and looks like it will be much more of a deeper draft. It's still really early yet but with the way we have been drafting, I'd just stay put and see what you can get. Guys like Alex Grant, Karl Alzner, Steven Lund, might be of interest in the first couple rounds.

From the early looks of it I don't think this is the draft to trade up. The '07 draft seems to be lacking the big name prospects and looks like it will be much more of a deeper draft. It's still really early yet but with the way we have been drafting, I'd just stay put and see what you can get. Guys like Alex Grant, Karl Alzner, Steven Lund, might be of interest in the first couple rounds.

does anyone know what our draft choice status is by now... remember with the Zednick and Johnson trades we have a different draft panorama

does anyone know what our draft choice status is by now... remember with the Zednick and Johnson trades we have a different draft panorama

we own :

1st round

2n round

3r round from washington !!

3r round ( our own)

no 4th ( traded for jonshon)

5th round

6th round

so we should have 4 players in the top 100 :clap:

Hey, I could be wrong but I thought I read that he's not doing that well this year.

Go :hlogo: Go!

Hey, I could be wrong but I thought I read that he's not doing that well this year.

Go :hlogo: Go!

last year had 98 points in 57 games

thus far this year, he has 27pts in 16...and not playing with radulov. I hope he'll be with team canada !!

Unfortunately, we won't be drafting neither Esposito nor Couture, nor even anyone in the top 10. The Habs should normally make the playoffs (or in worst cases come close), and we don't have trade material that would interest the bottom feeding teams.

Although we might be tempted to trade either Markov or Souray (not saying we should), it wouldn't be to Chicago, St-Louis or any other team like that. If those teams want them, they'll just wait until the free agency markey opens.

But just for the fun of it, I think that we have a more important need for an offensively-gifted player like Esposito than another "complete" two-way player like Couture with good all-around abilities. However, I'm not sure where he'll be ranked, but I think Patrick Kane could end up being a really good pick for us (in whichever round), especially if he develops good chemistry with Sergei Kostsitsyn.

Cerebus, i actuallyu think the habs can trade Souray and a second to edmonton for 1 of there number 1's. They could then trade 2 number 1's for a top 5 pick. I know it's a stretch but Souray will not resign here anyway so i would move him while he's hot.

Cerebus, i actuallyu think the habs can trade Souray and a second to edmonton for 1 of there number 1's. They could then trade 2 number 1's for a top 5 pick. I know it's a stretch but Souray will not resign here anyway so i would move him while he's hot.

Souray and a second is alot to give up for a mid range first round pick.

Dumb move IMO

• 3 weeks later...

angelo isnt going to be a great player, the most i see out of this guy is bouchard of minny. i would hold onto our picks unless we trade souray near the end of the yr and pick up a high pick then paxckage them for a blue chip prospect. We have some depth now of third and 2nd line players coming up, what we need is some top line talent, but i dont see esposito being that.

• 6 months later...

I found this recent article on the Montreal English newspaper 'The Suburban' about Angelo Esposito and thought I'd post the URL here:

http://www.habsworld.net/out.php?4413

or

http://thesuburban.com/content.jsp?sid=131...mp;cnid=1011905

The one quote that stands out to me: "I grew up in Montreal and I’d love to play for the Canadiens but I’d play for any NHL team”