The '06 Election Thread

Pierre the Great

So who do you have taking control?

I've got democrats taking control of the house and either the Senate going to 50-50 or 51-49 democrats

I figure RI, Penn, Montana, Ohio are going democratic thats 4 dems need 6 so it will come down to Missouri, Virginia and Tennessee

looks like the negative ads on Ford worked in Tennessee.

Virginia and here in Missouri are basically tied.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it matter if the democrats control 50.1% of the seats or some higher number like 65% for example? Does the margin of victory really matter?

Also the GOP is making a last minute comeback so it's possible for them to keep control of the Senate, altough the House is almost impossible for them to keep.

O yeah true, I kept thinking it was like in Canada where it's almost impossible to vote against the party line

Does it matter if the democrats control 50.1% of the seats or some higher number like 65% for example? Does the margin of victory really matter?

Also the GOP is making a last minute comeback so it's possible for them to keep control of the Senate, altough the House is almost impossible for them to keep.

Record number of people this year voted absentee. For example 40% of Tennessee voters voted already and they voted when Ford was up in the polls before the racist ad came out. So you might as well throw poll numbers out the window now. But it looks like a '94 is coming later today.

Yeah voting against party line though is becoming a thing of the past now sadly. The country is too polarized and the politicians are the same.

The House has always acted like a Parliamentary System voting on party lines. Plus this year the democrats are using the voting records of everyone saying 95% of the time he or she votes with Bush. So congress isn't as independent as it once was.

In the Senate its become so polarized there's the 'gang of 14' lol.

Record number of people this year voted absentee. For example 40% of Tennessee voters voted already.

That's because in a lot of states, they started allowing to vote absentee for no good reason. Before you had to send in a form with an explanation of why you would be absent from your voting precinct on election day. Things like vacation, living at school for college, etc. Now, you can get an absentee ballot just because you are too lazy to go to the polls on election day.

I voted absentee in illinois because I am at school in indiana... but I would probably be too lazy to go to the polls even if I were back in IL. I have yet to vote on election day in my life. That being said I am counting 1 canadian election and 2 american elections...

So... who else is going to the IU ACS election night kegger? Anybody?

you think that republicans will keep control? wow.

You never know. My father once said that Canadian voters have a political memory of 5 minutes.

I think Americans qualify for this description to some degree. Who knows how they might vote.

I doubt it though.

The Dems should score a hat trick tonight!

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Next week, I predict Doug Craig will be re-elected mayor of Cambridge, and Herb Epp mayor of Waterloo. I know this is a controversial stand, so I'll eagerly await the outcry. :P

The Epps RUN Waterloo! Don't mess with them! :D

Voting problems already being reported.

It's unbelievable how often that happens in US elections. Perhaps we should send some international election observers that way. :D

I voted and the computer thingys crashed about 20 times. wonderful.

Geez, was it made by Microsoft? :lol:

Seriously tough, if they're is one thing I dont wanna trust to a computer it's election results. A the simple beauty of paper ballots!

So did you vote fanpuck?

How else could I know if the machine I used worked fine? :lol:

I'm hoping my vote helps Mike Dewine come from behind to keep his seat over Sherrod Brown. Yes, Dewine is a Republican, but I like that what I read about him says that he is willing to actually compromise. It's rare to have a politician these days who simply isn't a party-liner. Plus, I couldn't find anything I liked at all about Sherrod Brown.

lol. My district couldn't make up its mind half of were computers and then the old fashion colour in bubble. I took the shorter line the computers. Voted in about 1 minute. I really don't believe there's an undecided voter anymore.

So who and what did you vote for.

You've got the dueling smoking bans in Ohio on the ballot I know about. One sponsored by the tabacco companies and the other by the cancer society. Which one did you pick?

Don't think Dewine has a chance. He's a republican in Ohio where the party is pretty much corrupt. I know he's not corrupt but he's taking the fall for that congressman and Taft.

I voted for McCaskill the democrat

for stem cell research

for minimum wage increase

for raising taxes on cigarettes

for my local school districts tax increase and special school district. (mom's a teacher in the school district)