Roy not a fan of Latendresse

chief_balthor

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night Roy was on the 11 PM sports talk show on the French Station, what he said about Latendress was the he wished he has stayed with the Juniors for one more year to help the league. He did not say anything about the skill level of the player or if he should have made the team. He was simply saying the Quebec Major Junior League Fans deserve to see the 19 year old players because they are usually the best players in the league. Patrick is not my favorite person but to be fair he was simply speaking as an owner and coach of a team. :)

I like what Roy said, Latendresse shouldn't be in this team this year HES NOT CROSBY! why the hell should he be in the nhl now...there will be more then enough room for him in a year or 2.

The first couple games of the year I'd agree what you just said. The past couple games he played ESPECIALLY last nights game, I do not want to see him in junior. Last game he was the player that stuck out to me alot. He played better than Ryder last night. I am happy to have him if he's going to keep playing like that.

I thought that I read somewhere that Roy had a lot more to say. He said the only reason he is in the NHL is because he is french and he was late for his interview because he said he wanted to make sure Lats was credited with the goal (sarcastically)

hehehe a tempest in a teacup, typical Québec shit-stirring journalism, where scandal sells sport papers! Seriously am almost certain this has been blown all out of proportion.

I thought that I read somewhere that Roy had a lot more to say. He said the only reason he is in the NHL is because he is french and he was late for his interview because he said he wanted to make sure Lats was credited with the goal (sarcastically)

The biggest reason that Lats is in montreal this season is because he is french no one can argue that, your in montreal who will love you the most if your a french canadian. Lats did play good but hes still 19. " we expect him to be good in 2-3 years" thats what carbo said.

Now if he said that why would he be here when Kostitsyn been waiting for his chance for at least 2 more years then him.

Nah, the only reason he is in Montreal is because he can't go to Hamilton...and that is because the CHL doesn't care if players develop to the best of their abilities as long as they stay in junior. I have had high hopes for Kost but he has far from proven he is NHL ready when he isn't even playing well in the minors.

The biggest reason that Lats is in montreal this season is because he is french no one can argue that, your in montreal who will love you the most if your a french canadian. Lats did play good but hes still 19. " we expect him to be good in 2-3 years" thats what carbo said.

Now if he said that why would he be here when Kostitsyn been waiting for his chance for at least 2 more years then him.

You can deny that easily. Kostitsyn was not NHL ready. Even in Hamilton he's been doing terribly and his defence and consistency still need a lot of work. Latendresse was the best player and he would not learn anything in Juniors. So we use him on the big team - because we have no choice. If he were Pakistani he'd still be playing for us. He earned his spot.

I like what Roy said, Latendresse shouldn't be in this team this year HES NOT CROSBY! why the hell should he be in the nhl now...there will be more then enough room for him in a year or 2.

I guess you haven't realized this is the new NHL. Teams are depending on cheap unproven talent to make a difference. Funny enough, we have stand out players like Ovechkin, krosby, Malkin in Washington and Pittsburgh....It seems like they are a dime a dozen. The truth is, Latendresse is all we have. He has the tools .....let's hope he realizes it. i THINK HE WILL. Stay in the minors.........?????? and do what???????????

SHIT or get off the pot right now!!!!!!!! Roy is an idiot!!!!!! I love him, but he is still an idiot!!!!!

The first couple games of the year I'd agree what you just said. The past couple games he played ESPECIALLY last nights game, I do not want to see him in junior. Last game he was the player that stuck out to me alot. He played better than Ryder last night. I am happy to have him if he's going to keep playing like that.

Ditto

Based on what i saw the last few games, Lats is finally playing like a fourth liner, unfortunately, he is on the first line.

I think people are seeing more then what is there, they are desperate for Lats to make it. I have yet to see Lats do anymore then cycle the puck around and toss some weak shots at the net.

Based on what i saw the last few games, Lats is finally playing like a fourth liner, unfortunately, he is on the first line.

I think people are seeing more then what is there, they are desperate for Lats to make it. I have yet to see Lats do anymore then cycle the puck around and toss some weak shots at the net.

Bout time someone realizes that..

Nah, the only reason he is in Montreal is because he can't go to Hamilton...and that is because the CHL doesn't care if players develop to the best of their abilities as long as they stay in junior. I have had high hopes for Kost but he has far from proven he is NHL ready when he isn't even playing well in the minors.

Hmm.....to me the minors mean nothing... *Jason Ward...best player in the ahl when he was there...and what did he do in the big club?* I recall him being pretty bad, when he scored all those points in the AHL

You can deny that easily. Kostitsyn was not NHL ready. Even in Hamilton he's been doing terribly and his defence and consistency still need a lot of work. Latendresse was the best player and he would not learn anything in Juniors. So we use him on the big team - because we have no choice. If he were Pakistani he'd still be playing for us. He earned his spot.

Now your turn...:) did you see what we did with Perezhogin last season...He was on the third line all seaosn long why? well to boost him defensive game and it worked. Why couldn't we do that with Kostitysn? Because hes not french?

He will turn out to be a great player, Latendresse is a good player but at this age he still has so much to learn, and i seen him float on the ice here and there. What does he do thats so spectacular at the moment...takes the puck egarly wanting that first goal so bangs it at the net. Like a wimpy shot and hes slow i thought he was faster.

Now before all of HWL comes down on me Latendresse will be a great player but i just don't see it yet not this year anyway.

Lats scored a goal? Sorry if I missed yesterday's game there was a thing called an election going on around these parts, here about it? It was pretty huge.

Well yeah, but the game was over by 10:30, and there's no sense following the election till the 11 PM news when most of the precincts are in.

Anyways, Lats once again impressed me last night. When playing on the 4th line earlier in the year, I was very positive about what I saw out of him. He was skating hard and hitting people, exactly the role of a fourth line player. He was doing exactly what was asked of him.

And last night, as I said, he impressed me. He absolutely did not look out of place. Even the totally homer announcers from Edmonton commented on that fact. I only saw one instance where he made a rookie mistake, on a giveaway that didn't cost us anything. Aside from that, he looked great and made a good move going to the net to pund in the rebound. That is his biggest asset to this team, a big body who can make things happen in front of the net. I hope that by the time Higgins returns, Lats will have proven himself as a top 6 forward and we can move perhaps Samasonov for a true centerman.

Now your turn...:) did you see what we did with Perezhogin last season...He was on the third line all seaosn long why? well to boost him defensive game and it worked. Why couldn't we do that with Kostitysn? Because hes not french?

Um... no, because Latendresse beat him out in training camp.

Let's put it this way. Team A have two prospects who they expect to be major offensive contributors. Both are unproven in the NHL and both are green defensively. There is one spot left on the team. Player A played better than Player B in training camp... in fact, Player A has played better than the other in two straight training camps. Now, who do you think makes the team? Probably Player A right?

Don't get me wrong, I think I'd prefer to see Kostitsyn with the big club rather than Latendresse. But it seems pretty clear to me that Latendresse won the job over Kostitsyn fair and square, irrespective of language, ethnicity or any other factors.

Roy is entitled to his opinion, dont think it was classless from him, not classy neither, just typical Roy. I'm impressed by the way Lats handled himself and responded. More experienced people have shrunk down in front of Roy much more easily (Roenick, Nolan, etc)

BTW, the Kosty-Lats thing is funny. They were put in competition against each other at camp and Lats won. Big deal.

Perezhogin, Higgins, Plekanec, Kostitsyn... they all got a go-around on offensive lines last and this year. Who stuck? Higgins, because he kept and earned his place. Dont give me this crap about who should or should'nt be there and who got more or better chances.

Can't you just enjoy the fact that the Habs are a team loaded with promising young offensive talent that can't all make it at the same time? Or are you the type of fans that is never happy with anything, ever? There's about 25 other teams in the league who should envy our crop of forward prospects.

Perspective people, perspective...

Lats scored a goal? Sorry if I missed yesterday's game there was a thing called an election going on around these parts, here about it? It was pretty huge.

you always have a way to bring in politics huh?

and for Patrick Roy...great Goalie...but should continue winking instead of talking...latendresse is right...Roy is acting like teh 19 year old