The Mike Johnson Appreciation Thread

zumpano21

Simply an attempt to shed some more positive light on our Habs team. Specifically, I think Mike has gone beyond expectations and really delivered for the team this year. Needless to say, it's a pleasure to watch him bring to the team what recently departed players couldn't. Hope the leg isn't hurting too badly.

Kudos Mike! :clap::clap::clap:

It shouldn't be a surprise. The guy is a proven NHLer and was one of Phoenix's best forwards, game in and game out last year, by most accounts. And - unlike what would have happened five years ago - we've given him a role that is perfectly suited to his talents, thus setting him up for success. The surprise is that we got a player of that quality for basically nothing.

Yes i think i was as bummed as when higgins got injured...this guy brings energy and seems to be having fun playing with the habs...he as great work ethics and never as a day off...hope he is not injured cause he will be hard to replace!

Richard and Jan who?

Johnson is the type of blood and guts player every team needs. I appreciate him so I recreated him in my NHL game with way better stats :D

What doesn't he do? That's the question and it's the one I enjoy asking more than what does he do?

What doesn't he do? Score a truckload, but that's not his role. His goals are very "timely", like against Toronto in game 1. We won in the shootout.

Thank you Abby.

But, more importantly - THANK YOU JOHNSON

THANKS MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehe... I like the guy and like even more that we got him for so cheap.

:hlogo:

Didn't really exceed my expectations but he has been amazing for us. Great move by Gainey to get this guy for a 4th. I have a feeling he'll be here for a few more years.

I don't understand why they traded him for a 4th rounder. He's obviously worth a lot more

its simple...its cause gainey had gretzky's kids in his basement....no...with all seriousness...nothing negative came out of Mike's Mri...nothing broken he's good to go! ( on our ice...not another team)

Habs need to sign this guy to a three year extension in January.

Well, maybe a 2 year deal, he is currently 32. He's been great so far this year for his role on the team. I figured he'd be a great 3rd line addition to the team. I think Johnson, with the addition of a now healthy Bonk, the Habs have quite the formidable third line. Much better than years past with Juneau.

Yes, Mike is a great addition to the third line and should be resigned to a 2 year deal. The other question is what to do with Bonk, he is doing a great job at the thrd line center job. He is also a big center. Will Chipchura be ready to fill that role, who knows.