Anyone using Firefox?

zumpano21

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firefox 2.0 comes with the spell-check turned on. Whenever I type in a text box (like this one) I get nice little red lines (ala ms word). Next trick will be learning to switch it to french for the french forum.

or (in FF2) tools -> advanced -> general -> Check my spelling while I type

Edited by simonus

Firefox 2.0 comes with the spell-check turned on. Whenever I type in a text box (like this one) I get nice little red lines (ala ms word). Next trick will be learning to switch it to french for the french forum.

or (in FF2) tools -> advanced -> general -> Check my spelling while I type

Just checked my version, I only have 1.5.

*goes to download 2.0* B)

i never had any problem with Firefox...only when i need to play a Windows media player file...for some reason it wont download the plug in...other then that everything is perfect! and i second that Tabbing browsing! saves time and all

I couldn't run Firefox on my old machine because it was too heavy. Since I got a new computer, I'll never go back to MSIE.

Firefox is just too awesome. The add-ons are a blessing (Adblock is the best, period), the tabbed browing is kick ass.

I love the ability to resize ANY text with a simple CTRL- or CRTL+. Very handy.

I get the same crap with Windows Medias sometimes... but at least in Firefox I dont have annoying "security" messages and locks.

Not to mention the skins that just kick ass. And now with Firefox 2.0, the "resume session" is amazing. Computer crashes, reload Firefox and you get all the pages you were on before the crash. Brilliant.

Microsoft is behind in the times again as usual.

There IE sucks

PS3 blows away 360

and this Zune whatever thingy is 5 years too late lol

Zune is also buggy as f***.

360 isn't blown away though. Microsoft actually has a better gaming division then Sony. At the end of the next fiscal year (March 2007) Sony's gaming division is reporting losses of 1.7 billion dollars. So if someone gives you a dollar between now and March, consider yourself more succesful then Sony gaming.

They can thank the PSP for that mess.

i thought the operating deficit has more to do with subsidizing a bunch of new PS3 consoles.

That contributes but the lack of PSP sales is the main reason. Nintendo is outselling Sony in the handheld market 4 to 1 (or 5 to 1, I can't remember). I know their stock took a huge dip after E3 so the way they're handling the PS3 definitely contributes. My local Wal-Marts shipment numbers went from 30 units to 8. They're not shipping a lot to create demand, they saw what happened with the 360 last year but I still think it's a dumb idea. They shipped 88 000 units to Japan while Nintendo will ship 400 000 units to Japan. They've got 400 000 units in North America while Nintendo will have 1 000 000 units in N.A.

Sony definitely isn't looking good right now though, thats for sure.

• 6 months later...

Well, I uninstalled all my plugins and upgraded Firefox and it seems to be working now. Figured I might as well do everything at once and hope it works.

I definitely like 2.0 better this time. It didn't reset all of my options and layout, some of which I've since forgotten how to change, hehe.

2.0 is leap and bounds better then 1.0

I don't see anything different besides appearance.

Eww, just found an change I don't like. Each tab now has a "close" button right on the tab, rather than over to the right. Don't like that.

Quick question from someone clueless about computers who didn't even bother to read this thread.

Does Mozilla = Firefox?