The Politics Thread

Pierre the Great

well looks like no election til '09. lol

probably by that time people will get tired of Harper's act, that's the only logic I can think of by the Liberals. Yeah the Liberals won't win, but Stephen Harper has to change his tune, he's not in opposition, he still acts like he is.

So instead of going to an election nobody wants, its now a waiting game til winter '09.

This only saves the BQ from death, but at the same time, opens up the Liberals to Mulclair promoting NDP/NPD party in Quebec.

Then the Conservatives have to worry about their base and dissolution in Alberta. Alberta's provincial election is going to be huge for the Conservative party, because I don't see Stelmach saving that ship.

I'm out of my element in this thread so bear with me.

I hate politics, always have and always will.

I don't understand it at all, not the process of politics, but the backdoor deals and back stabbing that goes on for individual gain is what I don't understand.

With that said is this the place for this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhs64JnfC8c

I had no idea (like anyone else by the sounds of it) that something like this existed and now I would like to have the political experts that you guys are to have a look and maybe tell me what you think.

Does this really have merit and intention?

I'm out of my element in this thread so bear with me.

I hate politics, always have and always will.

I don't understand it at all, not the process of politics, but the backdoor deals and back stabbing that goes on for individual gain is what I don't understand.

With that said is this the place for this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhs64JnfC8c

I had no idea (like anyone else by the sounds of it) that something like this existed and now I would like to have the political experts that you guys are to have a look and maybe tell me what you think.

Does this really have merit and intention?

Great video. Watched it all. Scary stuff to say the least. Is that really true, that some of the guys alleged to have been on the hijacked planes are still alive?? And that the government never actually updated the list.

you know what's a real turn off, paid posters on places like globe and mail and ctv. They're so pathetic they make Stephen Harper a cult leader. I wish websites could filter out these paid posters. They even showed up on BBC News website. :wacko:
That's like interest groups. It's all about money and is almost as Canadian as maple syrup is. It's a good thing that these forums don't make up the consensus of the Canadian opinion. But it is the way it is. Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

That's like interest groups. It's all about money and is almost as Canadian as maple syrup is. It's a good thing that these forums don't make up the consensus of the Canadian opinion. But it is the way it is.

Its just weird, I always went to the comments section first in the globe and mail for example, but now its all paid posters. Wow what a life that must be, "excuse me sir, but what was your last job?" "oh I posted on globe and mail, ctv.ca comments section everyday on everything."

lol

but its really sick sometimes like when there's a shooting and its commented the hacks comment on that as well. pathetic and sad.

Harper kicking out candidates running for Parliament because they don't fit Harper's view

"Mark Warner, the once-acclaimed Tory candidate for Toronto Centre, was slated to run against former Ontario premier and federal Liberal leadership candidate Bob Rae. The seat was left vacant by the retirement of former interim Liberal leader and cabinet member Bill Graham in July.

But the 43-year-old Warner said the Conservatives party's national office informed him he was no longer their pick because of continued differences of opinion and strategy, as well his penchant for speaking out about subjects that didn't receive party authorization, such as education, affordable housing and HIV/AIDS issues.

"Frankly, I felt there was a lot of micromanagement ... and I don't think it was legitimate," Warner, an international trade lawyer, told the CBC on Wednesday. "I was going off-message."

Warner said references to his attendance at an international AIDS conference in Toronto in 2006 were removed from his bio when he sent it to Ottawa for approval.

"It does seem to be something that bothers people and I don't exactly know why," he said.

Conference organizers criticized Prime Minister Stephen Harper for failing to attend the event, which featured high-profile speakers, including former UN envoy Stephen Lewis, former U.S. president Bill Clinton and Microsoft founder and philanthropist Bill Gates."

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/31102007/3/cana...candidates.html

---------

A message from your local Conservative MP,

Greetings citizen,

Sorry I don't represent your views, only the views of our dictator Stephen Harper,

Best of luck and Happy Holidays,

Your hard working local MP following Harper's orders

;)

This message brought to you by the Conservative Party of Canada, giving Canadians those strong Reform and Alliance morals, principles and values that Preston Manning would be proud of, which is truly Canadian.

------------------

Edited by Pierre the Great

• 4 weeks later...

1950's easily. Go to your local university library, get out the micro films from Time from the 50's and you'll get sick to your stomach, if you're a progressive, usually conservatives hark back to this era.

The wife does the cooking: 1961: When you can't wait for your dinner, give her a Kenwood Chef food mixer and let her have some fun preparing your favourite dish

The wife beater: 1952: Is your coffee pressure packed for extra freshness? If hubby can tell you're not making Chase & Sanborn coffee for him, well, you've been warned...

postageDM2711_468x705.jpg

1953: Husband furious because you've missed the post? The Pitney-Bowes Postage Meter prints the stamp and seals the envelope all in one go.

Edited by Pierre the Great

these would be normal in Japan today

that's a pretty sad commentary on Japanese life but not to surprised with its "traditional" societal outlook that a far right wing friend of mine (he's regressed, he now hates all the gays calls them immoral, plus he condemned me to hell among other things) he's taken a liking to the patriarchal "traditional" society.

that's a pretty sad commentary on Japanese life but not to surprised with its "traditional" societal outlook that a far right wing friend of mine (he's regressed, he now hates all the gays calls them immoral, plus he condemned me to hell among other things) he's taken a liking to the patriarchal "traditional" society.

You call that a friend? o_O

Yeah I know, I feel that since he's completely isolated himself friend wise, if I said enough is enough you're crazy, he might go nuts. He's bizarre. He only talks to me through unlimited text messages through verizon. Plus after the holiday break I'm not going to be "home" until june or maybe even next winter, depends on what kind of job i get. So right now he's just an annoyance who texts me. Roommate thinks he's gay, which would make sense with his extremely anti gay views and his really odd texts to me. Good thing I never told him to go into the priesthood, last thing the catholic church needs is another gay priest with stalker issues.