Chris Higgins

habsfan88

Originally posted by habsfan88

I would say that the habs should bring higgins up for 3-4 games.  I think he could do well on the 3rd line.

He already played a few games at the start of the year , although he didnt get much of a shot since he was used exclusively on the 4th line ... But it was more for the experience I think .

I dont think he's in the habs plans for this year , but he is very much in our future plans. He's going to be a good one.

They're already comparing this guy to a young Steve Yzerman.

A smallish pivot who's strong in his own end (a hard trait to find in a young player) that has above-average skating, agility, and offensive skills. He'a also is quite accustomed to playing a crash and bang game.

If I had my merry little way, I'd like to see a line of Kastsitsyn-Higgins-Perezhogin in the coming years. Upside to this line would be an absolute abundance of speed and offensive talent. Downside would be an absolute lack of size, but that's not really different from now.

[Edited on 2004/2/21 by Toren]

Originally posted by Toren

They're already comparing this guy to a young Steve Yzerman.

A smallish pivot who's strong in his own end (a hard trait to find in a young player) that has above-average skating, agility, and offensive skills. He'a also is quite accustomed to playing a crash and bang game.

If I had my merry little way, I'd like to see a line of Kastsitsyn-Higgins-Perezhogin in the coming years. Upside to this line would be an absolute abundance of speed and offensive talent. Downside would be an absolute lack of size, but that's not really different from now.

[Edited on 2004/2/21 by Toren]

Yzerman was always one of my favorite players, can't see Higgins as being close to that good, but I like Higgins alot and thing he should have a great future with us. :hlogo:

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen Higgins but I can't understand why.

Then we should have give him the chance during the regular season. And as someone said: he got the chance but was sent back. Then there's no reason to push him into the playoffs.

If someone is getting the chance it should be Komisarek.

Sundström might never play in a Habs jersery again. Or what's the news on him?

This thread was made a while ago. At that time, way before the playoffs i was suggesting that we bring him up for a couple of games just so he has some experience. Now that its playoff time, That is not what I want. But next year, I think they should give him a shot. AND MARCEL HOSSA TOO!! maybe he can keep his streak longer this time!