Bouillon might be back Wednesday vs MIN

KoZed

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great news !! I just hope that bouillon doesn't rush it, though. I'd rather have an 100% healthy cube than having the risk of losing him for a longer period.

his physical presence will be appreciated !!

Be great to have our best defenceman back. How many other teams would be doing this well if their top d-man was down? Okay Toronto-Kubina was down and it didn't show. hats off to their new coach, what is that kids name? Great job turning them around from dinosaur Quinns bums. ( still hate them but credit where due ).

We should now have no excuse for our dismal shots on goal stats and we should move our way to the top 5 in this stat aswell.

Welcome back Cubezy!!

May the opposition feel your presence!!

Be great to have our best defenceman back.

A bit of an over statement there!?! I think that Markov and Sourey beat him in that department ... and maybe Komi as well. But, he will definitely give us more reliable arrows in our quiver. He will also help control the puck a more.

A bit of an over statement there!?! I think that Markov and Sourey beat him in that department ... and maybe Komi as well. But, he will definitely give us more reliable arrows in our quiver. He will also help control the puck a more.

He is our best defensive defenceman by a long shot.

Yes Sourray is our best offensive d-man, but he doesn't even compare to bouillon's defensive abilities.

Markov is probably the best all around guy on the team.

But in my eyes, Bouillon is a close second, he's no slouch offensively either

Yeah I was thinking the same. I was like "What? He's our best d-man now?!"

And I love Bouillon, don't get me wrong. But best D-man is a exagerated. Markov's probably our best all-around D-man. He's been so-so since the beginning of the season, but the team just isnt the same without him.

Bouillon's got a good all-around game, but his shot just isnt hard enough to make him an offensive threat.

Bouillon is a great defenceman do not get me wrong but he is NOT the best defensive or offensive on the team. He will help the team with his speed and physical play and he is getting paid to be a top 4 or 5 guy so I hope he comes back 100% and adjustst quickly because he can help this team a lot.

I love the Cube, but he doesn't have the importance of Markov. The Habs' record last year when Markov was injured was shocking - I think they were something like 2-9 when he was out. With Bouillon missing this year, Habs are doing quite nicely.

That said, I'll be very happy to see him back. Komisarek can't be expected to do all the hitting for the D, and none of Dandenault, Souray, Markov, Streit or Niinimaa have really done much to help him out.

Does anyone know off-hand which sides all the Habs' Ds play? Include Cote and other Bulldogs if you know that, too.

Be great to have our best defenceman back. How many other teams would be doing this well if their top d-man was down? Okay Toronto-Kubina was down and it didn't show. hats off to their new coach, what is that kids name? Great job turning them around from dinosaur Quinns bums. ( still hate them but credit where due ).

We should now have no excuse for our dismal shots on goal stats and we should move our way to the top 5 in this stat aswell.

Welcome back Cubezy!!

May the opposition feel your presence!!

Can't agree that he's our best defenceman. I'd rank Markov and Souray ahead of him. Though he'll definitely make us a lot better when he comes back.

Also, is Paul Maurice really a kid? He coached the Canes to success a few years ago. It sucks that the Leafs have got a good coach. :unsure:

I love the Cube, but he doesn't have the importance of Markov. The Habs' record last year when Markov was injured was shocking - I think they were something like 2-9 when he was out. With Bouillon missing this year, Habs are doing quite nicely.

That said, I'll be very happy to see him back. Komisarek can't be expected to do all the hitting for the D, and none of Dandenault, Souray, Markov, Streit or Niinimaa have really done much to help him out.

Does anyone know off-hand which sides all the Habs' Ds play? Include Cote and other Bulldogs if you know that, too.

I'm about 80% sure of these:

Left: Markov, Rivet, Niinimaa, Streit

Right: Souray, Komisarek, Dandenault

To other teams, now keep your head up!!

I am just glad happy that other team wingers will have to keep their head up coming on right side against left side defense.

Souray is always backing to make sure he desn't get coffee shop, Streit and Markov always play the puck and Ninimaa ???.

So the first winger to shift looking down will be lay off by Bouillon. And will keep guard. The same thing as they fear Komisarek on the other side.

Happy Happy joy joy

All this jibber jabber about who is the best defenseman on the team is awesome considering boullion was pegged for a 6th or 7th dman early in his career.

Personally...i think that boullion brings more to the table than markov or souray does...especially in the new NHL.

Souray: Great Leader! Booming shot from the point...has good poise and confidence on the ice...obviously a threat on the power play...and defensivly he needs to work out a few kinks.

Markov: Such a mysterious player. Many say he is underrated, however many also say he is overrated. I think markov will always live in that gray area between being a great defensman and an elite defenseman unless he has a change in attitude. that is not to say he has a bad attitude, but i dont think hes as much of a go-getter or a "put ur life on the line" type of guy like souray is. And so far this year, in my mind, he has not flourished like i thought he would (even tho hes leading the team in points :blink: ) heheh. If i could tell markov one thing it would be to be more aggressive.

Boullion: Speaking of aggression, this guy is the ultimate machine. I think hes the best hitter on the team (not the hardest hitter (komi)) He can lay out hard hits, and he is fast and smart enough to pick his spots so he doesnt get burned. This guy is our fastest defenseman, smartest(in my mind), and hes got great heart.

for Kozed...u usually write smart and thought out posts...until i read that boillion is not an offensive threat cuz his shot isnt hard enough :huh: lol U confuse me sometimes. That is a limiting way of thinking, like " he cant play in the NHL cuz he is too short"....look how that turned out for St.louis, briere...etc.

all in all its gonna be a huge gain for the team to get cube back and i personally think he should play with souray as he can make up for sourays odd defensive laps with his speed and intelligence... and they would be both deadly offensivly. Plus, then boullion wont have to use his weak shot :P ...he can let souray do the shooting :D

This would be my line up (disregarding side)

Markov Komi

Souray Cube

Dany Streit

Even tho i know they wont scratch rivet :angry:

Well for one thing it's nice to have Bouillon back. However everyone is over rating how important he is to the team. This is simple, once he comes back he will paired with Dandy, who were the best pair in the playoffs we had. Currently Markov and Komi are playing very well together.

The question is once he returns, who gets traded or sent down. The habs will have too mony plyers to keep when everyone is healthy.

As for Umpalumpa's rating, well Bouillon is more complete then Souray. Unless Souray is shooting the puck, he has very little use on the ice. He has 2 more points then i do even strength.

Bouillon is not even close to Markov, he does everything and plays against the other teams best. Alot of his points are on the PP also.

Bouillon is not an offensive threat, doesn't have great speed, his small size makes him a liability in front of the net. His strengths are a extremely hard worker, plays well against the boards. He is a 5 or 6 D Man, nothing more.

Only in Montreal do people so highly over value a player who truly is a 5th/6th defenseman. Glad he's doing ok and will be back in the lineup, but he's hardly paramount to the Habs success.

Bouillon is not an offensive threat, doesn't have great speed, his small size makes him a liability in front of the net. His strengths are a extremely hard worker, plays well against the boards. He is a 5 or 6 D Man, nothing more.

Thank you, a rare voice of reason chimes in.

If they send Niinima down to the minors:

a) Do the habs still count his salary towards the cap?

B ) Does he have to clear waivers?

Just curious...

Edited by cfposi