Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Down here, a 1 GB card usually goes for about 60 bucks, but almost every week at least one store has rebates so you can get one for about 20 bucks.

Yeah, they have a bunch of mail-in rebates right so you can get them for 10-20 bucks. I hate mail-in rebates though, I never actually do them.

Yeah, they have a bunch of mail-in rebates right so you can get them for 10-20 bucks. I hate mail-in rebates though, I never actually do them.

Oh man, I love mail-in rebates. I got my cordless phone set for less than half price and a wireless internet router for 10 bucks.

I tried my luck at getting a Wii but i'm nowhere near as dedicated as jetsniper so I came home empty ended. 60+ people waiting in line for 30 Wiis.. DOH. That will teach me to arrive only 30 minutes before opening.

BTW do you need to buy a remote for every player?

I tried my luck at getting a Wii but i'm nowhere near as dedicated as jetsniper so I came home empty ended. 60+ people waiting in line for 30 Wiis.. DOH. That will teach me to arrive only 30 minutes before opening.

I wouldn't worry about it, they should be fairly easy to get in the coming weeks. They are launching 4 million units by Christmas, 10 times more than the number of PS3s Sony is releasing.

BTW do you need to buy a remote for every player?

What do you mean? The controller? You get one with the Wii, I just bought another for my dad. He was really excited to play Wii Sports. Which says something, he hates video games. Also had a huge Sony fanboy bitching and moaning about Futureshop not opening quickly enough. They did screw up the opening, they were supposed to hand out tickets at 8. First employees showed up at 8:15 and said we'd get them momentarily. It's 9:30 now and we still don't have them. I think we got them at 9:45 and then they let us in a few minutes later.

Something funny I have to mention, the employee who helped me around, first thing he said "So are you here for the Wii". All the other employees started making fun of him, I was just kinda "Uhh...yeah, I am"

I wouldn't worry about it, they should be fairly easy to get in the coming weeks. They are launching 4 million units by Christmas, 10 times more than the number of PS3s Sony is releasing.

More then that, Sony cut their shipment in half a few days before. Only 200 000 units were shipped and stores aren't expecting more until 2007, I think I said that already though. Everyone kind of agreed Sony wasn't prepared at all and should of just waited for a new fiscal year to start, so end of March/ beginning of April. It's the Playstation, it doesn't need christmas hype to sell it out.

My question is : do you need every played to have his own Wii remote, or you need only 1 nunchuk per player and 1 remote for the gang?

Ohhhh...I'm not sure, I think it depends on the game. Using Wii Sports as an example, baseball needs two, boxing needs two and tennis needs 2-4. I think you can alternate for bowling and golf but I'm not sure.

Heck, the only sport in the game that uses the nunchuk is Boxing (which is really fun). Tennis is by far the best with Bowling and Boxing a close 2nd/3rd. Baseball is fun but it's kind of hard and Golf I didn't find enjoyable, mostly because I played the exact same way I do on the real course. :lol:

ooo so the main part of the controller is the remote, I tought it was the nunchuk :lol:

I feel old. The game industry has passed me by. I bought a Playstation which I liked. Got an X-Box too. Didn't play that as much. These new fangled machines, though? Controllers that you swing and stuff? I'm sceptical. Anyhow, no time (and definitely no money) to buy them. $500+ for Micro$oft and Sony? Don't think so. Even half that for a Nintendo (which has always been the pathetic lil sister in my experience)? Still can't do it. Baby on the way - mom gets priority with the cash. lol

PC games are still infinitely better anyhow, I mean, PC's are ever expanding. You buy a game system and you're stuck with what you have. A year or so from now and the best PC games coming out will make the console games look like Pac Man.

At least, that's what I've observed in the past.

As for the last game I played? Half Life 2. I'm in the middle of it. Haven't had time since February or something like that. Shame. Gorgeous game. Maybe in a few weeks when things slow down a little I'll flick it back on.

I feel old. The game industry has passed me by. I bought a Playstation which I liked. Got an X-Box too. Didn't play that as much. These new fangled machines, though? Controllers that you swing and stuff? I'm sceptical. Anyhow, no time (and definitely no money) to buy them. $500+ for Micro$oft and Sony? Don't think so. Even half that for a Nintendo (which has always been the pathetic lil sister in my experience)? Still can't do it. Baby on the way - mom gets priority with the cash. lol

PC games are still infinitely better anyhow, I mean, PC's are ever expanding. You buy a game system and you're stuck with what you have. A year or so from now and the best PC games coming out will make the console games look like Pac Man.

At least, that's what I've observed in the past.

As for the last game I played? Half Life 2. I'm in the middle of it. Haven't had time since February or something like that. Shame. Gorgeous game. Maybe in a few weeks when things slow down a little I'll flick it back on.

What? You only started playing video games last generation?

SNES is still considered the best console ever.

No, no. I had a Sega Genesis too. But really. Nintendo? Where I come from everyone laughs if you even mention it. Super Mario. Woooo. :P

Gamecube was really the only Nintendo system that wasn't extremely popular. It's graphics weren't quite up to par with the other systems, and there was really nothing to make it unique to compensate for that weakness. Sadly, too many gamers rely too heavily on graphics when judging a system. That's why they went with the revolutionary control for the Wii. They knew Sony and MS had the graphics game won, so they decided to go all out to be unique. I think they were wise to do so, especially since they can target a much wider audience with both the gameplay and the price.

No, no. I had a Sega Genesis too. But really. Nintendo? Where I come from everyone laughs if you even mention it. Super Mario. Woooo. :P

Yeah, exactly. Thats just damage done by the Gamecube era like Fanpuck said. If people got off their high horse and stopped relying on heavy GTA style violence (the same gamers who said Nintendo is for immature people and kiddy. Since when is killing prostitutes and having simulated sex mature? Blood makes something mature?) then they would realize the Gamecube has great games as well. Just look at gamerankings.com's overall rankings. Metroid Prime has a higher rating then any PS2/Xbox/360 game out there. SSB:M has sold just as well as Halo or Final Fantasy.

Graphic whores won't appreciate the Wii at all, in terms of power it's a minor step above the original Xbox.

Oh yeah, forgot to add something. Just found out what types of controllers are useable for the VC:

NES games can be controlled with the Wii remote, GC controller and the Classic Controller

SNES games can be controlled with the GC Controller and the Classic Controller

N64 games can be controlled with the GC Controller and the Classic Controller

Genesis games can be controlled with the GC Controller and the Classic Controller. Some will be useable with the remote.

Grafx-16 games can be controlled with the remote and Classic Controller. GC controller is still unknown.

Personally, I'm not even that impressed by the 360's graphics. I think faces in the games I've played look awful. Who cares if I can see every pore in a guy's face? Brian McBride looks more like himself on PS2 than he does on the 360 IMO.

Personally, I'm not even that impressed by the 360's graphics. I think faces in the games I've played look awful. Who cares if I can see every pore in a guy's face? Brian McBride looks more like himself on PS2 than he does on the 360 IMO.

Yeah, I wasn't really impressed either. Theres only one game on the 360 I've played that has made me say "Wow" graphically and thats Gears of War. It's a shame it's too short and lacks any kind of story.

Perfect Dark looked like it had GC graphics and Oblivion looks the same as Morrowind. Madden I wasn't all impressed with, it looks way better on the PS3.

Yeah, exactly. Thats just damage done by the Gamecube era like Fanpuck said. If people got off their high horse and stopped relying on heavy GTA style violence (the same gamers who said Nintendo is for immature people and kiddy. Since when is killing prostitutes and having simulated sex mature? Blood makes something mature?) then they would realize the Gamecube has great games as well. Just look at gamerankings.com's overall rankings. Metroid Prime has a higher rating then any PS2/Xbox/360 game out there. SSB:M has sold just as well as Halo or Final Fantasy.

Graphic whores won't appreciate the Wii at all, in terms of power it's a minor step above the original Xbox.

Oh yeah, forgot to add something. Just found out what types of controllers are useable for the VC:

NES games can be controlled with the Wii remote, GC controller and the Classic Controller

SNES games can be controlled with the GC Controller and the Classic Controller

N64 games can be controlled with the GC Controller and the Classic Controller

Genesis games can be controlled with the GC Controller and the Classic Controller. Some will be useable with the remote.

Grafx-16 games can be controlled with the remote and Classic Controller. GC controller is still unknown.

What is SSB:M?

Wish me luck, I've made up my mind that unless I am able to track down a Wii before Thursday, I'm gonna camp out for a few hours before the open of business on Black Friday to get a Wii. Damn you jetsniper, you piqued my interest so much that now I can't wait! I've waited at least a year after release for every system I've bought, until now!

Wish me luck, I've made up my mind that unless I am able to track down a Wii before Thursday, I'm gonna camp out for a few hours before the open of business on Black Friday to get a Wii. Damn you jetsniper, you piqued my interest so much that now I can't wait! I've waited at least a year after release for every system I've bought, until now!

=P

I'm bad for getting systems at launch. GBA, NGC, DS, Wii, GBC, GSP. Got them all the day they came out. Good to see I helped Nintendo out. :lol:

what is the wii graphics wise? PS2 or Xbox? I know its not going to be PS3 but thats not the point with the wii in my opinion look at the social interaction you get with that system. Great party console.

A tiny bit better then Xbox. The Gamecube was better graphically then the PS2.

Thats great but it's impossible to not put them in the same category. Nintendo helps build the gaming industry and now they're a toy because the graphics aren't as pretty? Give me a break, thats a slap in the face to franchises like Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario, Metroid. Now you're saying they're little play accesories. It still boggles my mind why graphics are peoples number one concern.

Current estimates and market share are my proof...http://nexgenwars.com/. Look at the % of people who think what company wins the upcoming generation.

Im old enough to realize that.

But you make it sound like it was something bad. And it's not. Nintendo are going back to their roots and it's a win-win situation as Nintendo has been ahead of their time from the very start. That's why this industry exists in the first place.

But the Wii as a system can not be compared to Playstation 3 or the Xbox 360 and that's the reason why Wii will be the big winner.