Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

I'm going to get a Wii as soon as I can find one but i'm not willing to camp to get one :lol:

I've been a Nintendo fan since 1990 and only Final Fantasy and Tales series have been able to make me buy a non-Nintendo system. Should these 2 ever become exclusive to Nintendo I'll have little reason to look elsewhere.

I'm going to get a Wii as soon as I can find one but i'm not willing to camp to get one :lol:

I've been a Nintendo fan since 1990 and only Final Fantasy and Tales series have been able to make me buy a non-Nintendo system. Should these 2 ever become exclusive to Nintendo I'll have little reason to look elsewhere.

I've always thought Tales had a really good chance (Tales of Symphonia is a great game) but Sony really seems to have a stranglehold over Square. Nintendo got arrogant with the 64 and told Square to piss off, now it's come back to bite them in the kiester. But with Tales, the Sony titles always seem to be kind of half-assed while Symphonia had a lot of time put into it and now they're putting a DS one together. Namco has always had a good relationship with Nintendo though.

I fully agree than ToS was an awesome game, altough the PS2 Tales were very fun as well. Abyss did suffered from terrible loading times but the rest of the game was all I ask for in an RPG, fast paced action coupled with interesting carachters , lot of sidequest to keep you busy and a good soundtrack (as siily as it sound, I consider the musical score to be more important than graphics in an RPG)

Also Nintendo has become a lot friendlier with 3rd party devlopers in the past few years, hopefully the trust can be rebuilt again...

Game stop will have some wii's on friday. They open at 10am. After I get off work at around 4amish a friend and I are going to camp out. Should be fun!

If I get it I don't know if I want to wait til christmas to play it. I want to play now! lol

I'd call the GameStop to make sure when they open on Friday. Given that it is Black Friday, many stores will be opening early. I've heard that many GameStops are opening at 6 AM on Friday.

If you buy one, why would you wait until Christmas to play it?

I fully agree than ToS was an awesome game, altough the PS2 Tales were very fun as well. Abyss did suffered from terrible loading times but the rest of the game was all I ask for in an RPG, fast paced action coupled with interesting carachters , lot of sidequest to keep you busy and a good soundtrack (as siily as it sound, I consider the musical score to be more important than graphics in an RPG)

Also Nintendo has become a lot friendlier with 3rd party devlopers in the past few years, hopefully the trust can be rebuilt again...

Well, yeah, the Sony titles weren't shoddy or anything. I just thought it seemed like more time was put into the Nintendo title. You're right about the music for RPG's, most of the classic gaming music is from RPG's. Anything Nobuo Uematsu has done and a lot of the Ocarina of Time music is up there.

Nintendo has been looking up ever since mid 2004. We can all thank the Regginator for that. He's about kicking ass and taking names and they're...about making games. :P

Of course I'm talking about current NOA President Reggie Fils-Aime. He was named head of American Marketing in 2004 and then got promoted to President in May of this year. Single handedly revitalized companies such as VH1 and Pizza Hut. Now he's a god among Nintendo fans. :lol: I think outside of Tomonubu Itagaki, Reggie takes more potshots at the competition then anyone else.

Almost 2 million Wiis in US by year's end

Reggie tells Reuters that 1 million Wiis will in the US by early December, and expects an additional million in the country by the second week of January.

By Michael Kanellos, News.com

Posted Nov 21, 2006 10:50 am PT

Nintendo will bring approximately 2 million Wii game consoles to the U.S. by the end of the year, a wave of machines that could help the company gain ground in the console wars.

Speaking with Reuters, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime said that he expects 1 million Wiis in the region by early December and 2 million by the second week of January. The previous official company line simply stated that 4 million Wiis would be available worldwide by the end of the year.

Nintendo plans to restock U.S. distributors and retailers on a weekly basis, according to the company. The console will next launch in Japan on December 2 and in Europe on December 8. Earlier this month, Nintendo said it would ship around 400,000 consoles into Japan this year.

Of the three console makers, Nintendo so far seems to have done the most thorough job in getting retailers and distributors stocked. The $250 Wii console, which went on sale over the weekend, was available in several retail outlets. Some early buyers are selling consoles on eBay, but generally current bidding is in the $300 to $400 range with games and extras.

By contrast, Sony will only bring a few hundred thousand PlayStation 3 consoles to the states by the end of the year, according to various estimates. eBay bidders are putting $700 and $900 bids on the $499 and $599 consoles. (Some buyers are listing minimum bids of $1,000 or more, but these auctions have attracted few punters.)

Last year, Microsoft found itself short of Xbox 360 consoles. Rumors of new waves of supply would cause lines to form at certain retailers. Some Web sites reported that using specific code words with in-store sales reps could get them to bring out a console from the stock room.

Supply, though, improved after that and Microsoft says that, by December, a cumulative 10 million Xbox 360s will have shipped. Microsoft, though, is still having trouble gaining traction in Japan.

Edited by Jean

Yeah, that will always bring Microsoft down, what it said at the end there. Japan HATES Microsoft with a passion and to truly become a heavy hitter, you need to be popular in Canada/US and Japan.

Anyway, if anyone gets the Wii and then goes online, lemme know what your friend code is. Then we'll exchange codes and have our Mii's visit each others consoles and all that fun stuff. ^_^

sure will jets. I'll beat you in tennis. lol its on!

I don't think Wii Sports can go online. Right now all you can really do is chat with one another, set up your own messageboards and such I believe. We can get a HW Wii forum going. :lol:

Message board, on the Wii? Good idea in theory but...how do you type? :blink:

The GameStop who originally said they'd have some in for Black Friday now says next week, but the one who originally said not till next week now says on Black Friday. Wonderful.

nintendo is trying to drive you crazy.

For some reason, I doubt than my *Microsoft* USB keyboard is gonna work on the Wii :lol:

I (and a bunch of people) already have USB keyboards and they are commonly available. I wonder if they work or if an update is necessary.

Yeah, I know they're common. I'd just feel more comfortable using a Nintendo keyboard for my Nintendo console.

at my local game stop they have a demo out the truck racing game. me want the tennis! lol

This Wii thing is like my dream come true. I always thought that that it would be so cool if your movements controlled the game. Now thats become a reality. sweet!

Ick, Excite Truck. They had that at a Wii kiosk in TRU. I didn't like it at all.

Smash My Wii

:P

Old news. Those guys are nothing but a joke in the gaming community, they did it for the 360 and PS3 too. But what else would you expect out of the fine city of Toronto?