Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

I knew that either had to be Toronto or Vancouver figured it was Toronto because well there hockey team sucks so the have to find some kind of entertainment.

(and I knew it wasn't calgary because well they would be wearing cowboy hats)

Yeah, they get some kind of thrill doing that. They get donations and everything from people, I think they smashed a PSP and DS too.

Whatever floats your boat I guess. And Calgarians only wear cowboy hats at the beginning of July. The more asinine people in this city like to play dress-up when the Stampede rolls around.

Yeah, they get some kind of thrill doing that. They get donations and everything from people, I think they smashed a PSP and DS too.

Whatever floats your boat I guess. And Calgarians only wear cowboy hats at the beginning of July. The more asinine people in this city like to play dress-up when the Stampede rolls around.

Ah yes Stephen Harper...... :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway they probably also talk in a texas drawl since they like country music so much.

I knew that either had to be Toronto or Vancouver figured it was Toronto because well there hockey team sucks so the have to find some kind of entertainment.

(and I knew it wasn't calgary because well they would be wearing cowboy hats)

If you're going by the basis of hockey teams sucking, then it's more likely to be Vancouver at the moment. Just look at the standings. :P

Only took a couple days for you to mention politics in a thread about video games. :wacko:

law of politics in videogames

kingdom = good

empire = bad

Each country is made up of one town, excepted one which may have up to three

:P

Ah, because the destruction of perfectly good merchandise is great entertainment. :rolleyes:

And people wonder why society is struggling these days - one only has to look at these mutants to understand why. No respect, not much in the way of intelligence. I wouldn't at all be disappointed to hear that someone, waiting for hours in that line to get a Wii and missing by one, decided to go to the offices of these punks with a sledgehammer to destroy all their equipment. In fact, I'd applaud it.

Guess I'm a little vengeful, eh? I'm just sick and tired of people with no respect.

Quote from both GameStops I called: "We'll have fewer Wii consoles than I have fingers and toes, and at least 50 people have already called."

Jets, how long did you camp out? You have anyone with you? How'd you pass the time? I might have a friend to go with, but he's not 100% reliable. I'd take a book, but who knows how well lit it will be in front of a store at 4 in the morning. Wish my GameGear still worked, hehe.

Ah, because the destruction of perfectly good merchandise is great entertainment. :rolleyes:

And people wonder why society is struggling these days - one only has to look at these mutants to understand why. No respect, not much in the way of intelligence. I wouldn't at all be disappointed to hear that someone, waiting for hours in that line to get a Wii and missing by one, decided to go to the offices of these punks with a sledgehammer to destroy all their equipment. In fact, I'd applaud it.

Guess I'm a little vengeful, eh? I'm just sick and tired of people with no respect.

Oh no, I know exactly where you're coming from, especially after camping outside for almost 20 hours. There was a 9 year old kid who somehow convinced his dad to get him there at 3 in the morning to wait for one, what if he was the one who missed out on the first Wii?

Seriously, theres all kinds of people who wait for hours to get these different consoles to play them. Then we've got these cretins who just enjoy screwing everything up.

Quote from both GameStops I called: "We'll have fewer Wii consoles than I have fingers and toes, and at least 50 people have already called."

Jets, how long did you camp out? You have anyone with you? How'd you pass the time? I might have a friend to go with, but he's not 100% reliable. I'd take a book, but who knows how well lit it will be in front of a store at 4 in the morning. Wish my GameGear still worked, hehe.

Haha, unintentionally answered a question in my last post. From the time I sat down to the time I left Futureshop, it was 19 hours and 45 minutes. I had one friend with me but if you're nice enough to the guys in line, you can get a little party going. Happened with us, I actually have pics I'll post. Just talking to everyone made time pass by really quickly. Some of them are a little dark but can give you a vague idea of what to expect.

Alright here we go...some are a little dark but you can still kind of make out where the line is. I've only got one "line" picture since I could only find one that was easy enough to make out, the rest are more of "atmosphere" pictures. You know, how the people were, how things were going.

FSLineup015.jpg

You can kind of make out the line here. Theres a light at the back and you can see someones head in it, thats the end at about...oh..3:30-4 AM.

FSLineup008.jpg

These were the guys in line after me and my friend, they were really cool. Obviously, they brought a space heater and they'd make runs to Tim Hortons, Pizza 73, Starbucks. Wherever you wanted.

FSLineup007.jpg

This is at like...5 AM. Just a bunch of us sitting around and chatting, we've got one guys car stereo blaring too, he backed his car up to the sidewalk for a game of SSB:M. I'm in this picture, it's kind of obvious. Just need to look at the colors to know who I am. :P

FSLineup003.jpg

And this is the car I was talking about, everyones playing SSB:M on a...oh..7 inch screen?

FSLineup004.jpg

And theres the screen with a case of Red Bull in front of it that the guy brought for everyone. I didn't have any but my friend had 4 or 5, he was REALLY shaky by 7 AM. :lol:

Were you the only one there for quite a while? I'm thinking since it's the 2nd launch, I should get there around midnight for a 7 AM opening.

Me and my buddy were there by ourselves for 4 hours. We got there at 3 PM and the next people arrived at 7. By midnight we had about...12-15 people.

Me and my buddy were there by ourselves for 4 hours. We got there at 3 PM and the next people arrived at 7. By midnight we had about...12-15 people.

Haha, great stuff. I think a guy I know has one of those mobile screens for his GC, that's a possibility for stuff to do. Any recollection how long they were able to play before they turned it off so that their car battery wouldn't die? Or does the car have to be running to work it?

I'm hoping most people haven't been as throughough finding out who should have stuff, and that most people will try to hit up the big stores like Best Buy and Circuit City, rather than GameStop. I think most people will assume places will have tons of systems for Black Friday, and won't think they need to campout.

I'm also thinking that by having a friend there, we can alternate sleeping shifts, so we aren't so sleepy by the time we get one that we have to go home and crash.

Ever heard of a flashlight? ;)

Hmm, I suppose. I usually use one of those booklight thingies...they come in quite handy.

Those tend to work better on hardback books. Plus, I don't have one, so that would involve spending money so that I have something to do while I wait to spend more money. :lol:

Those tend to work better on hardback books. Plus, I don't have one, so that would involve spending money so that I have something to do while I wait to spend more money. :lol:

You'll already be spending close to (or over) $300, what's another five bucks? :P

You'll already be spending close to (or over) $300, what's another five bucks? :P

About 2 and a half gallons of gas. :D

I already have some GC games and the Wii Sports will certainly entertain my friends and I for a while. I have a January birthday, so I'm telling my Mom that I'll be perfectly happy with a couple Wii remotes.

Well, depending on the store, you can just use the store's lights. Futureshop left their electricity going for us so that we could use the electrical outlets that were on the building outside.

I'd be wary with Gamestop though, the specialty stores like them and EB don't seem to get near as many shipped to them as the big chains. Theres an EB and Futureshop in the same little location I was in and Eb got 10 Wii's for launch while Futureshop got 48.

FutureShop is only Canadian, don't have any down here. All the major chains I've called have said they won't be getting any in for Black Friday. I get the feeling they are lying, but it's not worth risking camping out and find out they were telling the truth. GameStop is the only place who has admitted they will have some, so that is my best bet.

I'm not going to Best Buy because people camp out there. I highly doubt somebody is going to camp for 12hrs at a little game stop. Plus I have to work and depending on how many papers there are (wall street isn't on for friday which is very good because if I didn't throw wall streets I could get done in a half an hour). So the latest I think I can get done is 4am earliest would be 2:30am. Need to go store by store to see how many shipments of Wii's the store's are getting. Not going to Wally's World no matter what. Even if they had a thousand Wii's I'm not stepping foot in there. Target yes, walmart no.

So I've got to go by the two best buy's near me and Target to see how many they are getting and what time they open. I'm excited.

But I'm having second thoughts. Last night I played every console had the most fun on the Wii but I don't know I get backing out feelings whenever I buy a console did the same with PS2 back in the day.

What are some cool games I should get.

So far the Zelda game looks interesting and that funky golf game looks cool. Any suggestions on what I should get? Can't wait til Wii Play comes out though table tennis and laser hockey.

Hey jets, is that a Honda Fit?

Who are you in the picture?

Camping headlamp. You wear them around your head leaving your hands free. You can get a decent one for about $20.

Yes, but that is 9 gallons of gas. :D

I'm not going to Best Buy because people camp out there. I highly doubt somebody is going to camp for 12hrs at a little game stop.

So I've got to go by the two best buy's near me and Target to see how many they are getting and what time they open. I'm excited.

My Best Buy says no Wiis on Friday, and there are no Wiis in their Black Friday ad. From what I've read on the Wii forum on Amazon, Best Buys are holding any Wiis for Sunday, so they can have the Wii in their Sunday ad. All the other major chain stores also said no Wiis on Friday, though I think some don't know the difference between a Wii and a PS3. One store said no more Wiis until January. :wacko:

Thus, GameStop and other smaller retailers seem to be the only places who are confirming they will have some, so I'd expect those places to have the most campers. Thus, I'm planning on sleeping from like 7-12 on Thanksgiving so I can go be among the first there.

so they can have the Wii in their Sunday ad.

Talk about stupid :lol:

Wii doesnt need any advertisment to sell. Idiots, they are just trowing away their money :lol: