Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

I was reading old posts here looking for the list of Wii game suggestions I made to other people and came across this gem

I usually don't care about pirating, I'd be a hypocrite if I did. But people who mod and pirate Wii games I legitimately get mad at because they're ruining it for everyone else. Hence the weakest damn library in existence.

Guess I'm just a big stinky hypocrite now. I caved and modded it about a year later, haha. I bought a 500 gig HDD the other day to load Wii games and store my digital comic collection (because I accidentally deleted it all back in September and it was traumatic). It's super awesome. Basically it's this:

With...I think I've got 40 games on it right now. Started playing Skyward Sword today but had to stop about a half hour in. The game is a blurry mess on my plasma, hard to look at. Bought some component cables off amazon for 5 bucks, hopefully that improves things.

• 3 weeks later...

So stuff on the Xbox 720 has slowly been coming out over the last week. A report today says it's going to have some kind of technology that won't allow you to play used games. So basically when you buy a game and put it in your console, it identifies it or something and will only work with that console. Goodbye to selling your games, trading your games, lending your games to a friend.

Not getting Microsoft's next console if this is true.

So stuff on the Xbox 720 has slowly been coming out over the last week. A report today says it's going to have some kind of technology that won't allow you to play used games. So basically when you buy a game and put it in your console, it identifies it or something and will only work with that console. Goodbye to selling your games, trading your games, lending your games to a friend.

Not getting Microsoft's next console if this is true.

Anti-environmental practices like this one should be criminalised.

That's really lousy on their part (Xbox). I can understand the reasoning behind it but doing this just seems like a real dick move. I wouldn't get an Xbox right away anyways because god only knows what will be wrong with it.

My worry is that discs will be eliminated completely (on whatever system). I don't want to download everything. I want the actual disc in my hands because I don't trust them to build a machine that will actually last.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Anyone remember playing the old MS-DOS games on the old computers? You know, back in the day where floppy discs were actually floppy? Around 2,300 old MS-DOS games have been relaunched and can be played on regular computers. I didn't have a ton of games back in the day but I remember playing some of these.

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2

Anyone remember playing the old MS-DOS games on the old computers? You know, back in the day where floppy discs were actually floppy? Around 2,300 old MS-DOS games have been relaunched and can be played on regular computers. I didn't have a ton of games back in the day but I remember playing some of these.

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2

I played Doom, Duke Nuken, Wolfenstein 3D, some others as well.

They were sold for cheap at the dollar store. Good times...

• 8 months later...