Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

The problem is Jets that the only places that said they'd have Wii's were the small corner stores. The big box stores are hoarding. So they go around town saying they've got 10 Wii's and then people get up at 4 in the morning and go over there and they say sorry we don't have any.

Its really odd. This is the biggest shopping day of the year and the Wii and PS3 are the biggest things this year and this morning I felt like a druggie going into a weird back alley to get drugs. If these things are the biggest things of the year every store would have them.

Oh no, I know what the stores are doing. I'm just saying don't blame Nintendo for crappy sales methods, they're shipping more then enough.

Yeah, they rolled back shipping units twice. They cut it in half twice, from I think it was 800 000 to 400 000 and then right before launch apparently it went down to 200 000.

They're trying to create the same kind of demand like the 360 had last year. Only one thing...the 360 didn't have a Wii launch to compete with as well. Sony underestimated Nintendo and I think it's going to hurt them.

Best Buy employees who go onto these forums have confirmed this.

Does this apply to canadian Best Buys?

cool, i'll check out at my Best Buy on Sunday then. If it open at 8Am, what would be a good time to line up?

And yes Nintendo is gonna kick butt, especially if they can get Squaresoft on side.... FF3 DS sold 500K units already in Japan, hopefully this will make them consider making more games on Nintendo systems.

are we sure that ps3 is really cutting back on production intentioanlly or are they just having problems getting yields on the cube processor.

IMHO it's not intentional, they are having a lot of problems to mass produce the Blue Ray technology. i think it,s too cutting edge for it's own good.

cool, i'll check out at my Best Buy on Sunday then. If it open at 8Am, what would be a good time to line up?

And yes Nintendo is gonna kick butt, especially if they can get Squaresoft on side.... FF3 DS sold 500K units already in Japan, hopefully this will make them consider making more games on Nintendo systems.

You are probably going to have to camp out. Get there at about 9pm the day before.

cant get theyre this early, i'm gonna be at the cirque du soleil then :lol:

I've been to one of their shows in Las Vegas many years ago and I liked it alot.. now we gonna go see their new show while they stop in Ottawa.

are we sure that ps3 is really cutting back on production intentioanlly or are they just having problems getting yields on the cube processor.

It's intentional, it came straight from the horses (Sony) mouth back in...I think it was June. Like I said, they're looking to create a demand. If it's hard to find, they thought it would add some media coverage about how the PS3 is the "it" thing to have this winter.

Opening at 8 AM...1 or 2 AM I'd say if you want a shot at one. 11-midnight if you want to guarantee one. 3-4 you might still be ok, but that could be cutting it close.

I woud be so pissed if that happened to me :blink:

BTW jet, I took the freedom to add ya to my MSN list.

You could always save that money and buy some literature or art instead? :P

Speaking of which, now that I still don't have a Wii, I have more time to finish the book I am reading.

At least down here, Best Buy opens at 9 AM on Sundays.

Ok, just leaving the Wii topic for a second but still about video games...

Has anyone played Guitar Hero yet? We had this little get-together all night last night and my friend brought it over. Almost had it on my Christmas list last year but decided against it in favor of Shadow of the Colossus. Holy shit, that game is fun. First thing this morning, I went over to EB and got the last one.

And then to keep this post Wii related, I managed to find Trauma Center at the same time. Still haven't played it yet though.

Didnt lined up finally, I prefered the warmth of my bed to being cold in a line :lol: