Garth Murray

Trizzak

Does anyone else think he should be demoted or flat out waived?

- 6, no points, and from what I've seen (granted - not much) he hasn't been what he was last year. Where are the board battles? where are the hits? where's the spark? I just find him to be invisible out there. Am I off?

With Lapierre and Milroy tearing up the farm, I think they deserve at least a temporary placement beside Begin.

definitely get rid of him...

The only reason they have kept him is because he has (in the past) been useful on the PK. The guy was in the penalty box TWICE last night. BRUTAL. I say get rid of him and give Lapierre a chance on the 4th.

His chances are running out you can be sure of that, Lapps and Milroy are licking thier respective chops in Hamilton. I imagine Murray will get another 4 or 5 games at least to show what he can do. He had a few good shifts last night but a fourth line player can not take two penaltys in a game it is just not necessary.

The second penalty was a stupid one too!! He basically hugged a wild player...huge holding call...even Carbo had to agree with the ref on that one. You know its an obvious penalty if Carbo agrees with it...

He has shown effort, but is a bit over zealous in trying to get the puck off the opponent, which has lead to some needless penalties.

I noticed that Carbonneau kept putting him back on the ice last night even after some questionable plays. I figure he was trying to give Murray some confidence, but it's only a matter of time before management decides to give one of our younger players the call-up they deserve.

The second penalty was a stupid one too!! He basically hugged a wild player...huge holding call...even Carbo had to agree with the ref on that one. You know its an obvious penalty if Carbo agrees with it...

His second penalty was highsticking, first was the dumb hold.

I was also surprised Carbonneau kept playing him despite his mistakes last night. I wouldn't be surprised if that was already his last chance.

Last year he was a high tempo hitter and a decent scrapper...this year he just isn't cutting it.

there has been a Pause on the Murray coaching... it was thought last year that having him paired with Begin would do wonders for the boy.... but this year the topic is on the second line ... and Begin has been used everywhere... once the second line gets cracking then they will address the 4th line and see if someone goes!

Murray's got another year ... it dont look good BUT he has a few games left.. if he can do 75% of what Begin does in terms of blocking and hitting then he is "more" safe

Yeah, I've got to agree.

I was expecting him to become more vital of a player for Montreal and a real effective NHLer after his efforts last season. But he's just regressed this year and he's just showing why he couldn't crack the Rangers lineup.

Maybe he's injured??? I really dont get what happened to him, last year he was almost a 2nd Bégin but now he just isnt doing any good. a dissapointement, but at least its not like we absolutely need him to perform to win.

He also got an assist on the Wilds second goal :puke:

that happens to everybody once in a while... i happened to souray (I think) during the Ottawa game (I think) when the player shot the puck across the front of the net, about eight feet away from the crease and it went off of souray's leg and into the net.

it happens... not murray's fault here.

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

Right now the 4th has so little importance that it doesn't really matter if Murray's invisible or not... so Carbo can keep playing him 5 mins per game while the kids develop in the AHL. Murray's basically just keeping that spot warm for Lappy.

But you know Bob, never the kind to pull moves for no reasons, so he's probably thinking it'd be a waste to lose Murray on waivers for nothing if he can maybe pass him off to another team for a draft pick or something...

Edited by KoZed

Right now the 4th has so little importance that it doesn't really matter if Murray's invisible or not... so Carbo can keep playing him 5 mins per game while the kids develop in the AHL. Murray's basically just keeping that spot warm for Lappy.

But you know Bob, never the kind to pull moves for no reasons, so he's probably thinking it'd be a waste to lose Murray on waivers for nothing if he can maybe pass him off to another team for a draft pick or something...

if the spot can be filled from within the organization, namely Milroy and Lapierre, then it's not really losing him for nothing. And hey, nothing wrong with losing a salary.

if the spot can be filled from within the organization, namely Milroy and Lapierre, then it's not really losing him for nothing. And hey, nothing wrong with losing a salary.

Yeah, but we gave Hossa for Murray... wouldn't look too good now losing Murray for nothing, even if both are worth little.

Anyway, just getting the feeling that the Habs staff are alright with a known quantity like Murray who doesn't complain about ice-time and won't hurt you too much defensively. But it won't be too long before Lapierre (don't think Milroy would fit on the 4th line) forces the Habs to call him up.

Aubin needs ice-time too, and Urqhart is doing well in the ECHL, so eventually they might need to open things up a little down at the farm and it might have the domino effect of bumping everyone up and Murray out.

Edited by KoZed

that happens to everybody once in a while... i happened to souray (I think) during the Ottawa game (I think) when the player shot the puck across the front of the net, about eight feet away from the crease and it went off of souray's leg and into the net.

it happens... not murray's fault here.

I know, and I wouldn't mention it if Murray was doing other things (anything) well.

Personally, I think it bodes well for the state of the Habs if people are complaining about a limited role playing 4th liner. (Although I know people have dumped on Kovalev as well.) As KoZed said, the 4th line is rather limited in ice time, until the 3rd when Carbonneau tends to sit Samsonov and move Begin up to 2nd line.

the 4th line is rather limited in ice time

I would expect this to change, knowing Carbo. I think he will succeed in developing a true 4 line team. It may not be this year, but just watching his line-ups over the year, it appears that is what he is going for. The last few coaches just threw the dregs of the team into the fourth line.

A lot of times, it's that 3rd and 4th line that are key to winning the cup. And since I predict a Stanley Cup in the next 5 years ( if they keep the current leadership) Carbs will have to work on that 4th line.

in the NEW NHL and in the OLD NHL hehehe... The fourth line has been a dicotomy by which you could distinguish regular teams From Cup Contender Teams

Today the 4th line equates to the under 1.5 Mill line meaning that the cap has something, wait no better yet ALOT to do with WHO plays on it! there aint enough money yet nor is there enough depth to have good 4th lines except a few (Buffalo)

You either have Trevor lindens and other past Grade A players willing to do whatever it takes or/and you have role players/ enforcers, team on and off the ice high spirited good for the moral and Banner carrying players. And then you have those prized rookies brought up time to time as incentive for playing well in the farm team.... and then of course there is the equivalent to sitting the jack ass in the corner spot for the underachieving player.

were in transition... like i said before as soon as that second line is settled in... the eye of MORDOR (carbo) will be fixed on the Fourth line... Who stays who goes and who comes up will be determined I HOPE sooner than later... but for Murray's sake he's gotta shape up time is ticking!

in the NEW NHL and in the OLD NHL hehehe... The fourth line has been a dicotomy by which you could distinguish regular teams From Cup Contender Teams

Today the 4th line equates to the under 1.5 Mill line meaning that the cap has something, wait no better yet ALOT to do with WHO plays on it! there aint enough money yet nor is there enough depth to have good 4th lines except a few (Buffalo)

You either have Trevor lindens and other past Grade A players willing to do whatever it takes or/and you have role players/ enforcers, team on and off the ice high spirited good for the moral and Banner carrying players. And then you have those prized rookies brought up time to time as incentive for playing well in the farm team.... and then of course there is the equivalent to sitting the jack ass in the corner spot for the underachieving player.

were in transition... like i said before as soon as that second line is settled in... the eye of MORDOR (carbo) will be fixed on the Fourth line... Who stays who goes and who comes up will be determined I HOPE sooner than later... but for Murray's sake he's gotta shape up time is ticking!

funny one. :lol::lol::lol::lol: