Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Buffalo | 11/24/06

Spider-Man NL

montreal200.gifvrssign.gifbuffalo200.gif

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

montreal50.gif12-5-3 : 27 Points (5th in the Eastern Conference)

buffalo50.gif18-3-1 : 37 Points (1st in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Montreal

2311.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (7-2-2), 2.20 GAA, .932 Save%

Buffalo

2045.gif# 30 Ryan Miller (11-2-1), 2.78 GAA, .911 Save%

Canadiens Roster
Link

Sabres Roster
Link

13453.gifCanadienBall.jpg13454.gif

Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder
Samsonov - Plekanec - Kovalev
Perezhogin - Bonk - Johnson
Murray - Begin

13457.gif

Komisarek - Markov
Souray - Rivet
Dandenault - Streit
Bouillon

13455.gif
Cristobal Huet

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 6th, 2006:montreal50.gif4 buffalo50.gif5 SO

Oct. 23rd, 2006:buffalo50.gif4 montreal50.gif1

SakuvsBuf.jpg

PerezhoginvsBuf.jpg

This game can be seen 8:00pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif& msg_network_right_logo.gif

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 8:00 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 8:00 pm on CKAC 730 AM Edited by Spider-Man NL

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should play the crazy offensive hockey and use all our offensive potential against them becaus I have a feeling that will take them by suprise. Bet they are used to defensive oponents now.

If the Habs wanna win this game, we need to play to our potential, a full 60 minute game, last game against Minnesota we didnt show up in the 2nd period, we got lucky to be tied 2-2 after that period... a period like that against a HIGHLY skilled Sabres team and we will not be having a fun night.

I hope we can see a big night from our second line, would be nice to see them actually dominate the play rather than Kovalev floating around the ice...

Go Habs Go!!! :hlogo:

If the Habs wanna win this game, we need to play to our potential, a full 60 minute game, last game against Minnesota we didnt show up in the 2nd period, we got lucky to be tied 2-2 after that period... a period like that against a HIGHLY skilled Sabres team and we will not be having a fun night.

I hope we can see a big night from our second line, would be nice to see them actually dominate the play rather than Kovalev floating around the ice...

Go Habs Go!!! :hlogo:

Why is there so much hate for Kovalev? He was our best forward last game.

Edited by Aebischer4life

the fact that he tends to become invisible at any time, he is a very talented player, he just doesnt always show it, our second line is supposed to be scoring, or atleast on paper you would think they would be...

It would be nice to see Kovalev become more consistent, that better wording?

Are you sure that Murray will play ??

Last game was awful, 2 penalties and he scored one in our goal.

I looked everywhere and thre is nowhere mentionning that we will have the same line up.

I think Downey should get a chance tonight. He brings far more energy.

the fact that he tends to become invisible at any time, he is a very talented player, he just doesnt always show it, our second line is supposed to be scoring, or atleast on paper you would think they would be...

It would be nice to see Kovalev become more consistent, that better wording?

It would be nice if he were playing with a center who wouldnt be on a good team's 4th line. It would also be nice if Samsonov would produce more then 0 goals in his last 10 games.

I'm just pissed that he's the only one people point the finger at. By god hes even playing injured!

Go Habs go!

When asked if he felt capable of playing back-to-back games in Buffalo tonight and at home tomorrow against the Philadelphia Flyers, Huet just looked up and smiled.

"Better than spending back-to-back games on the bench, eh?"

-Montreal Gazette

B)

Go Cristo go!

:hlogo: icon12.gif :hlogo:

Because we don't (Canadiens fans) know a good thing when we have it. If a genie popped out of a bottle and magically made him a Leefy, then we played them we would be pulling our hair out watching him on the opposing side.

All the leef fans we know would RUB THIS COLDLY IN OUR COLLECTIVE FACES!

I really don't care if he's not elite right now. He's doing some of the little things well. He just needs to adjust his game a little. Either Kovy looks like a bonehead or a genius when he stickhandles around others and cycles. We love it when he's awesome but he's in the doghouse when he blows it and loses the puck.

PLAYOFFS make him worth it.

Let's go Habs. We owe the Sabres a kick in the groin!

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

here's a game where kovy and his little friends can thrive, they're a fast line with alot of talent. it would be the best time for them to step up.

Indeed this is a true test for Montreal, but the Sabres have been defeated by two teams that we are capable of beating on any given night. So, with that being said, here are the keys to the game:

1) Play a disciplined game! No Early penalties! You can't give such a potent offence like Buffalo's a chance early

in the game to get the crowd into it.

2) Line Matching--Carbo should match the lines accordingly...for example I highly doubt our 4th line is going to

get the job done against Buffalo's first line

3) Some game savers...We need to Christowall to steal a few for us!

4) Ride the people who showed up to play (Lets hope everyone shows up!)

5) If the game does go to a shootout (which there is a strong chance it will), Carbo needs to tell Michael Ryder

to shoot the puck and not deke!

I feel a big night coming from Perezhogin, and a couple of powerplay tallies from Souray, as well as Boullion recording his first point of the season tonight.

GO :hlogo: GO

If we end up coughing up the puck repeatidly, like we did against the Wild, the Sabres are going to hand us our ass on a platter. Keep the penatities low. Kovy needs to use his speed against the Sabres. They love to play aggrisive. Hopefully, we can use their predictable game play against them. However, I am not expecting too much from tonights game. With that said, Huet seems to have it together and may pull one out for us.

Go Bonk Go

I think this game will go one of two ways:

1) Habs make turnovers and can't get out of their zone = BAD loss

2) Defencemen make smart plays (markov) and players don't force plays (therefore reducing turnover) = close game.

They way I have been seeing it, the habs only begin to lack drive once they begin making stupid turnovers. I have noticed that when the habs get bogged down in their own zone for an extended period, that takes a lot out of them and they seem to give up. This is one reason why I think the Habs will miss Claude Julien this year...he was always able to fire the team up between periods...Carbo hasn't figured this out yet.

This is one reason why I think the Habs will miss Claude Julien this year...he was always able to fire the team up between periods...Carbo hasn't figured this out yet.

Disagree. I think we've had many games where we've started off slow in the first and come back to play excellent the rest of the game. Also, I don't think we have too much insight into the coach's ability to talk in the locker room...

This is one reason why I think the Habs will miss Claude Julien this year...he was always able to fire the team up between periods...Carbo hasn't figured this out yet.

then maybe you could explain me why montreal played such a terrible 2nd period against minny and yet they came back in the 3rd like there was no tomorrow.

We don't miss Claude Julien in fact if he was not coaching Devils right now alot of people would not remmeber who was coaching the Habs before Bob did last year. Julien has not been able to stop the total

slump late november, december january slump last year.

Behind the bench we now have leaders, people who hates to lose. Sure we'll go into small slumps but warriors do always come back. Thats what we want that what we have.

Enough of Julien crap go Habs go...