Rumour , Habs trade within 2 days

puck7x

Now lets guess the trade... Remember that he said it was a 3 way deal with Flames and Canes,

I'll say...

To Habs: O'Neil , Gauthier

To Flames: Sundstrom

To Canes: Hainsey , ????

No freaking clue...

I think the Flames would want Brind'Amour , but then they'd have to throw in something else on their side.

[Edited on 2004-2-19 by puck7x]

I would say

to the Habs: O'Neil, Gauthier

to the Flames: Sundstrom, Brindamour

to the Canes: Hainsey, Conroy and Hossa and 3rd rounder from montreal

but then that still leaves boughner out of the deal, but hech that would be nice trade, kill 2 birds with one stone. I have to believe Gainey has intensified his talks with the other GM"s since Florida's game.

Originally posted by Skindogg60

Im guessing the Flames will not be getting Brind'Amour as he has 3 years and 14 million dollars left on his contract.  Im thinking their is no way the Canes will be getting rid of him.

Good point , I cant beleive I forgot about Brind'Amours contract , normally its the first thing I think of in potential deals , ah well. Perreault is a better option for the Flames , if they want him of course... and I question if they do.

According to Murray Wilson on CJAD, Sutter told him he has not had any discussions with BG regarding Perrault. Not surprizing given his pending UFA status and current play and contract.

:hlogo:

- Mike Komisarek: C'est un bon défenseur, un jeune joueur qui a le talent pour devenir très bon à travers la ligue, mais on pourrait aller chercher gros en échange (ex: Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre, Peter Worrell, Antoine Vermette, Gary Roberts, pourquoi pas?). Ce sont tous des joueurs qui apporteraient une nouvelle dimension à l'équipe. Imaginez le 4ième trio : Worrell - Bégin - Langdon. On ne peut pas dire que ça ne frapperait pas!

This from an RDS message on the site. If that would be the first trade Gainey does, I'll freak out.

On a different note, what about the Rangers. If they are about to give up, as a report on tsn.ca said yesterday or the day before, then maybe they could be a partner....how about (just a shot in the dark):

Hossa, Hainsey, Kilger (wasn't sather interested in him before) and a pick for Kovelov and Kasparitis...adds alot of salary though, but it does give rangers some young ones. Maybe Sather has a salary cap in his mind and will want to shed some salary, and Kovelov hasn't been producing as they would like.

Hossa, Hainsey, Kilger (wasn't sather interested in him before) and a pick for Kovelov and Kasparitis...adds alot of salary though, but it does give rangers some young ones. Maybe Sather has a salary cap in his mind and will want to shed some salary, and Kovelov hasn't been producing as they would like.

Kovalev is a pending UFA... no way does he fetch Hossa, and Hainsey...

Kovalev is a pending UFA... no way does he fetch Hossa, and Hainsey...

Oh, I thought that was next year, well then that changes things, it could be alot easier for Gainey, then use those for o'neil or smyth then saku has himself some linemates (might have to throw in zednick for either of those players)

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!

IF I SEE SOMEONE WRITE "ZEDNICK" ONE MORE TIME, I'M GOING TO SCREAM!!!

OR KILL SOMEONE!!!

Guy's, he's the best goal-scorer we have. He's one of the best players we have. He's a fan-favourite. He's an alternate captain.

Give him the respect he deserves.

Z-E-D-N-I-K.

No 'C' involved.

:nono: Sweet Jeebus...

Great. Kovalev. Anyone else think we've invested enough salary in underacheiving veterans?

Agree.

Keep Zednik.

I think he could score 40 with offensive team.

Every team needs a goalscorer. And we have one. And if Ryder will continue we will have two.

Almost untouchable.

Hmm...I think it should be a sniper. I think that the habs defence can survive until souray gets back. Rivet will need to step up as well as markov but i think they could be okay FOR NOW.

I say that we could go after chris drury and taylor pyatt for hainsey, dackell and a pick.

drury has the scorers touch and he is capable of stepping up this habs offence and would fit in nicely on the power play. since he is small, i decided to throw in taylor pyatt who is much bigger to even out the size

pyatt : 6'4 222 lbs

drury : 5'10 180 lbs

drury also has playoff experience with the avs.

Originally posted by habsfan88

Hmm...I think it should be a sniper.  I think that the habs defence can survive until souray gets back.  Rivet will need to step up as well as markov but i think they could be okay FOR NOW.  

I say that we could go after chris drury and taylor pyatt for hainsey, dackell and a pick.  

drury has the scorers touch and he is capable of stepping up this habs offence and would fit in nicely on the power play.  since he is small, i decided to throw in taylor pyatt who is much bigger to even out the size

pyatt : 6'4 222 lbs

drury : 5'10 180 lbs

drury also has playoff experience with the avs.

Do you really think we're going to trade with Buffalo?!?! :idea:

With the win over Calgary, and the 2nd+3rd periods against Toronto, BG has probably decided that swinging a blockbuster (or even a ball-buster) just isn't worth it right now. That, if we play well together as a team, we can make up for the injuries and personal problems of our top 2 Dmen.

If we hadn't played Garon, we might have won...

If we had a better 1st period, we might have won...

If we had Smyth/O'Neill, we might have won...

Smyth has dominated since the trade rumors started, and O'Neill is already worth a fortune. If anything, trade Perreault (because Langdon should have shut Marchment up today instead) and a 7th rounder for Gauthier, and leave it at that.

I just got this juicy rumour in from a long-time, reliable source.

They said that Bob Gainey may or may not make a move before March 9th. If the deal isn't done by then, Bob will remove his proposal from the table and refuse to trade until the end of the 2004 season.

Wow, I hope this guy's right.

He didn't say what teams they were trying to trade with, but he said it definitely wasn't the Peterborough Petes or the Swiss National Team.

:monkey: