NHL.com Prospect Report

ch_nl

Juraj Mikus, Trencin, Slovak U-20 league, 6-3, 176, D/L, Nov. 30, 1988 -- “Tall defenseman who has improved his skating and overall skill level during the fall. … Above-average skater. Good reach, fine passing skills. … Sees the ice well.” – Roman Havluj.

----------------------------

71 Juraj Mikus

Position: Right Wing

Shoots: Right

Height: 6' 1"

Weight: 197

Birthdate: 02-22-1987

Place of Birth: Skalica , SK

Resides:

Acquired: 01-01-2005

Drafted: MTL 2005 3 in round 4 (121 overall)

I think that are two different players with the same name :D

There are two Juraj Mikus's, also there are two Chirs Higgins, the other one went undrafted this past summer, a small forward that plays for BU or BC. There's also a Alexei Lemelin not to confuse with our Alexei Yemelin.

One guy on another Canadiens board wants Montreal to draft the second Mikus and the second Higgins. He probably doesn't know about Lemelin or doesn't consider the names to be close enough.

Another member of that community replied by saying that this would be an echo of the drafting philosophy of some former and fairly recent Canadiens administration. I'll let you historians figure that one out.

GO :hlogo: GO!

There are also two Petr Sykora's. The famous one with Edmonton, and then another with Washington.

Good thing they're not joined at the hip... they could be great defensemen - checkmates.

GO :hlogo: GO!

There are two Juraj Mikus's, also there are two Chirs Higgins, the other one went undrafted this past summer, a small forward that plays for BU or BC. There's also a Alexei Lemelin not to confuse with our Alexei Yemelin.

Rejean Lemelin's illegitimate son? :P

I know Sam Gagner, went to my school. Were not really "friends" but we talk to each other the odd time and when we see each other out somewhere. Wouldn't that be insanely SICK if Montreal somehow drafted him..

Same goes for John Tavares...good guy as well.

Edited by habsfan88