Lats has he come alive?

Pierre the Great

latendresse is always one of the guys mentionned the most in a game. he hits, he forechecks, he shoots, he passes well and he even score once in a while !!

that guy is not going back on a 4th line when higgins come back !!

Yeah I don't think he'll go back to the 4th line either. He doesn't deserve to be demoted imo. He's actually worked hard instead of something being handed to him.

Well, to be quite honest, his current role on the first line was handed to him. Overall, people still need to temper their enthusiasm a little bit. He's doing ok.

Every time I turn on the game on the CJAD feed he sounds like he's all over the ice. Especially last night 3rd and overtime period. I think he's finally relaxed and isn't pressing. Good to see.

Ron Fournier and Dany Dubé said:

Wouldn't it have been for Latendresse, Habs would have had no scoring chances yesterday.

Wouldn't it have been for Latendresse, Habs would have had no scoring chances yesterday.

I think the difference is either watching (or listening) to a Canadiens broadcast team vs another team's announcers. I only saw the last bit of the third and OT last night, but the guys from FLA weren't making too much mention of him, and announcers for other games aren't spouting off much about him either. About the most you hear of Latendresse from announcers is that he's the 19 year old kid who plays for Montreal. He wasn't a part of any of the scoring chances I saw in OT.

mostly true. he did have a good scoring chance on a koivu pass while he dish a beauty from behind the net to ryder in front.

the second line had its moments but it didn't work out.

I think Montreal should send him to the World Juniors for some seasoning... they won't need him once Higgins returns from injury... plus they could call up Kostitsyn... who is on fire in the AHL.

Carbonneau told the French media that Latendress is in Montreal for the season and not going to the World Juniors. But minds do change. :hlogo:

I think the difference is either watching (or listening) to a Canadiens broadcast team vs another team's announcers. I only saw the last bit of the third and OT last night, but the guys from FLA weren't making too much mention of him, and announcers for other games aren't spouting off much about him either. About the most you hear of Latendresse from announcers is that he's the 19 year old kid who plays for Montreal. He wasn't a part of any of the scoring chances I saw in OT.

He has definitly deserved the ice-time lately. If you had watched the rest of the game you would certainly have noticed him. He rang one off the post in the first, set up Ryder twice with great plays and laid the body a few times...ask Roberts.

I'll take everyone's word that he had a good game last night. BUT, everyone has to know that any team's announcers are quite guilty of homerism. Right now, I'm seeing flashes from him, and it's obvious he's getting more comfortable with playing in the NHL.

I for one am surprised by Lats' puckhandling and passing, especially from in close. Wasn't expecting that from him this early. However making nice plays and getting scoring chances isnt everything. End result is what matters in the end.

One thing I noticed though is that Lats is definitely more comfortable on the RW. That's where Lats is more dangerous, when hanging around the right side of the net, like on his goal vs Ottawa or his pass to Koivu vs Toronto.

Edited by KoZed

I'm pretty sure that he can be loaned to the World Junior's but I don't see the Habs doing it. First of all, they should do fine without him. The depth on Canada available allows for that. I'm not putting him down. For absolutely sure they could use him.

The habs can certainly use him too.

I have to admit that I'd like to see him go and win another one. That confidence boost might be huge when he returns to the Canadiens.

Either way you slice it, Lat's is gonna get the job done. :hlogo:

:can: Carey Price! :hlogo:

I watched to Florida feed as well....they were more impressed by our second line than Gui, and I agreed with them; they started turning the game around about halfway through the second...........On a side note, I was very impressed by the Florida anouncers Denis Potvin & Bill (?) Strater, they did a couple of really nice features on the Canadiens heritage.........comparing them to the Yankees, re-visiting the retired HOF'ers with some old footage, a tribute to Beliveau, and Savard's jersey being raised.........I actually think they did more Habs stuff than Panther's stuff (I guess not much there to start with).

Lats is doing okay for a fill in role, but I don't seem him making that line better. I see him as not hurting it. Higgins makes that line better, and he will be back on that line when he is healthy, no question.

Right now, I would like to see Lats on the Second line, switched with Sammy. I would like to see if that helps the 2nd line out of its funk, by having a guy who will shoot when given the chance. At the same time, Sammy might benefit from playing with Koivu a bit, and get his confidence back.

Edited by brobin