Leafs big trade rumor

Habs77

Originally posted by Habs77

CKAC mentionned this rumor....

Kolzig, Gonchar, Witt.... all going to TO

not sure who is going back, probably Coliacavo, Stajan...

Kolzig? wtf? lol...

Is Belfour more seriously injured then is being reported or something?

Originally posted by puck7x
Originally posted by Habs77

CKAC mentionned this rumor....

Kolzig, Gonchar, Witt.... all going to TO

not sure who is going back, probably Coliacavo, Stajan...

Kolzig? wtf? lol...

Is Belfour more seriously injured then is being reported or something?

THat's what they were saying... they said it was a rumor they were hearing today.

Like I said, they mentionned they didn't know who would be going back to WSH... they just mentionned the young players were the likely trade bait.

It would surely be considered as going all out for the Cup... and with the old team they have, it's the right move.

We're not exactly in the same position, still it would be nice to see us make a move... O'Neil or whoever.

man leafs would be going all out in a deal like that. Kolzig might not even be important for them if Belfour ends up playing. I really don't think Gonchar is the type of player that would put them over the top. McCabe and Kaberle can provide lots of offense as it is, why get another top notch offensive d man?

Originally posted by Quebecois

man leafs would be going all out in a deal like that. Kolzig might not even be important for them if Belfour ends up playing. I really don't think Gonchar is the type of player that would put them over the top. McCabe and Kaberle can provide lots of offense as it is, why get another top notch offensive d man?

Even if Belfour can come back in the playoffs, big if, it's his last year anyway.

So Toronto would need a new starter next year anyway, why not get him now... that way you cover yourself in case Belfour can't go, and you're already set for next year.

It makes perfect sense to me.

As for why Gonchar?... when you have the money the question is why not.

He's the best offensive D man in the league, McCabe and Kaberle are ok... but not even close to Gonchar on the PP.

When the playoffs are approaching, a team can't have too many capable D men... so I say what the hell.

Still waiting for us to move though... and waiting.

The sad part is that it wouldn't have been the biggest mistake they made in the past few years.