SI.com - Best uniforms in N.America - Habs #1

Cataclaw

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi....1.html?cnn=yes

Other NHL teams with good uniforms (according to SI.com) : Detroit, Boston, Toronto

Personally i think they're being a bit biased to original 6 teams. I think a lot of newer franchises have some excellent uniforms. For example i think San Jose's uniform/color scheme is quite pleasing.

Toronto's uniform (toronto sucks) makes baby jesus cry (toronto sucks) but then again (toronto sucks) i just might be (toronto sucks) a little bit biased.

Toronto sucks.

Toronto sucks.

the Canadiens... yes......

Most basketball and baseball uniforms are rather boring though I do admit that the Yankees uniform does have its 'glory'.

I agree with most of the football uniforms, especially the Raiders & Lions.

GO :hlogo: GO!

Habs' jersey is that great because the color-scheme is classic (red-white-blue... in publicity red and blue denote passion and brains) the logo is very simple yet original and unmistakable (two letters well-placed, no fancy stuff except the subtle sheriffed "C") and a unique stripe across the chest.

I think only Montreal and Detroit haven,t changed their jerseys since the 50's. All other Original 6 had different designs over the years. So I dont know what they're doing on that list...

No canucks? boo shamu is angry! So angry he ate his handlers foot at Sea World.

Suprised the Cardinals aren't on there.

The Knicks? Please.

I like the Browns

No A's jersey? Got to love the green

The Tigers home jersey

Basketball jerseys are well basketball jerseys you can't do much with them.

No Seahawks jersey? love the colours

Or Oregon's all green jersey.

Obviously they didn't allow college teams or USC, Notre Dame, UCLA, Michigan would be on there.

this is about North American sports I imagine...

let alone hockey jerseys in Europe are awesome and what about the azzuri????

the 2002 Italy uniform one of the best in sports history ( this was credited by everyone at the time even those of us who hated the team )

02wc_official_pic.jpg

Umm, I fail to see what's so great about the Italian uniform.

It's blue.

With some white.

Nothing even remotely distinctive about that uniform.

Heck, my soccer uniform when i was a kid looked exactly the same. What's the big deal?

They wrote this about the Browns uniform.

The fall colors shout "pigskin" while the helmet is a minimalist masterpiece that conveys the team's name.

The helmet is orange. How does an orange helmet convey Browns? Shouldn't the helmet be brown to do that?

They wrote this about the Browns uniform.

The fall colors shout "pigskin" while the helmet is a minimalist masterpiece that conveys the team's name.

The helmet is orange. How does an orange helmet convey Browns? Shouldn't the helmet be brown to do that?

wow... that is pretty dumb... unless they mean the "CB"...

Edited by simonus

this is about North American sports I imagine...

let alone hockey jerseys in Europe are awesome and what about the azzuri????

the 2002 Italy uniform one of the best in sports history ( this was credited by everyone at the time even those of us who hated the team )

02wc_official_pic.jpg

That's considered to be the best ever...... :huh: :?-

If so, then maybe we need to figure out if that decision should be included in the recent bribery scandal too?

Edited by beliveau1

That's actually a terrible picture. The best way to see how nice those jerseys were would be to watch footage of that World Cup. The actual jerseys are a darker blue than the picture you see there. Also, the type of stretchy material used revolutionized how soccer teams designed their kits. Tight-fitting and simple shirts came into style because of it.

I hate the Italian soccer team too.

Toronto's uniform (toronto sucks) makes baby jesus cry (toronto sucks) but then again (toronto sucks) i just might be (toronto sucks) a little bit biased.

Toronto sucks.

Toronto sucks.

Don't let a statement of fact be interpreted as bias. Toronto does, in fact, suck!

^_^

why is italy's jersey's blue? Never got why?

their team nickname is the 'azzurri' which means sky blue. I know that this doesn't really answer your question but there's a connection for you.

GO :hlogo: GO!