Article on Mikhail Grabovski

ehjay

I'm not sure if this thread belongs here but I thought that since it had to do with the Habs....

I've been trying to figure out wich one of the two Belarusians will make the club this year,

and since I know that Grabovsky hasn't had much expo here I thought that this might help jump start a fun discution:

http://media.putfile.com/Mikhail-Grabovsky...ld-Championship

well my dear Habs fans enjoy. :king:

Edit: At least take the time to spell player names correctly.

Edited by Fanpuck33

I know Russian super league is not the AHL and far from the NHL but doesn't that count for something,

just look at the progress Ovech was able to do there,

I know that in is last season ther he was playing against NHLers and that he is turning out to being quite the PHENOMENAL player but....

edit: can anyone find a videoclip of Kostisyn and post it up? I think it would be a great addition to this thread.

Edited by ehjay

The was a nice deke on the goalie in the shootout. Man, the depth this team has in prospects is surreal.

I'd have to say that Kostityn has the better chance to make the team this year, but you never know, Grabovski could WOW everyone.

BTW I couldn't find any Kostityn video's.

Only a few more months.. and hockey is back! :)

I know Russian super league is not the AHL and far from the NHL but doesn't that count for something,

just look at the progress Ovech was able to do there,

I know that in is last season ther he was playing against NHLers and that he is turning out to being quite the PHENOMENAL player but....

edit: can anyone find a videoclip of Kostisyn and post it up? I think it would be a great addition to this thread.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nhBonYsVQGw&search=kostitsyn

here it is. not the greatest vid but still...

I think that kostitsyn as the out side shot. he's older, as played in the nhl and he's big enough to compete.

however, no one knows whats going to happen with koivu's eye. should he not start the season, maybe we could see grabovsky.

I'd have to agree AK should be the one barring a BIG training camp by Grabovski.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I vote for Kostisin as well; but that could change with injuries or slumps. Ribs' better have his A game.

I see Chipper, Laps, and Cote as possible early call ups.

Not sure if Grabs is restricted by the NHL-Russian league transfer agreement. I thought the latest on that issue was that they (the Russians) still did not sign it.

Anyone know if Ryan O'byrne decided to head back to school? or to the AHL? If he does join the dogs I'd love to see him get a call up to the habs.

Kostitsyn would be the first choice I think, even though I am not convinced either one of them will make it this year. I think BG will decide it is more beneficial to have him in the AHL where he will be a first liner, rather than playing the 3rd or 4th in Montreal. I would be very surprised if either one of them made the team this year.

By the way does anyone have any idea what Corey Locke's chances of making the NHL are? This kid lit it up in the OHL and I know he is small, but that is supposed to not matter anymore. Basically I'm wondering how appealing he is to other teams as trade bait. Someone that lives in Hamilton and follows the dogs must know. Thanks.

By the way does anyone have any idea what Corey Locke's chances of making the NHL are? This kid lit it up in the OHL and I know he is small, but that is supposed to not matter anymore. Basically I'm wondering how appealing he is to other teams as trade bait.

A little birdy told me he's comparable to Ribeiro in his vision and playmaking. But also that his skating remains sluggish by NHL standards.

I hope the bird's wrong though. ;)

Dagenais evidenced wicked skill with his shots from the slot, yet we all saw how he is many steps behind without the puck. I don't wish a similar dichotomy in Locke.

Андрей Коститсин проходит Михаилу Грабовскаому, Grabovsky множество.

Андрей Коститсин будет играть для монреальских Канадцев и Grabovsky для Бульдогов. :P

TRANSLATED: Andrei Kostitsyn passes to Mikhail Grabovsky, Grabovsky scores.

Andrei Kostitsyn will play for the Montreal Canadiens and Grabovsky for the Bulldogs.

Андрей Коститсин проходит Михаилу Грабовскаому, Grabovsky множество.

Андрей Коститсин будет играть для монреальских Канадцев и Grabovsky для Бульдогов. :P

TRANSLATED: Andrei Kostitsyn passes to Mikhail Grabovsky, Grabovsky scores.

Andrei Kostitsyn will play for the Montreal Canadiens and Grabovsky for the Bulldogs.

sweet

how do you spell markov, samsononv and kovalev

AK-48, Without a doubt!

it's AK-46, man :P

umm I heard Kostitsyn is going back to the Knights this year :( nDon't have a link but im sure someone can confirm this. HE is awesome though. Probably my future favorite player when Koivu retires :P

umm I heard Kostitsyn is going back to the Knights this year :( nDon't have a link but im sure someone can confirm this. HE is awesome though. Probably my future favorite player when Koivu retires :P

We're talking about Andrei, not Sergei.

sweet

how do you spell markov, samsononv and kovalev

it's AK-46, man :P

I cheated - freetranslation.com

Марковский = Markov

Самсонов = Samsonov

Andrei Markov with a pass to Sergei Samsonov.. Samsonov SCORES!

=

Андрей, марковский с проходом в Сергей Самсонова.. МНОЖЕСТВО Самсонова!

HERE COME THE RUSSIANS:

HERE COME THE МОНРЕАЛЬСКИЕ КАНАДЦЫ

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I cheated - freetranslation.com

I love it

I want to drink a cold one= Je veux boire un froid l'un :lol:

Grabovsky probably doesn't have a hope in hell of making this team and with the additions of Johnson and Samsonov Kostitsyn will struggle to make it as well. Kostitsyn most likely will but may spend alot of time in the pressbox if he doesn't score early and often or struggles out of the gate. Which is too bad. This guy needs some serious playing time, to see if he is as good as advertised

I love it

I want to drink a cold one= Je veux boire un froid l'un :lol:

sory don't meen to poop on the parade, but pretty sure it would be

Je veux en boire une qui est froide or Je veux boire une biere froide.

p.s. EXTREAMLY SORY about not been able to spell the names of the palyers properly, I don't meen to insult or be an idiot in that way.

sory don't meen to poop on the parade, but pretty sure it would be

Je veux en boire une qui est froide or Je veux boire une biere froide.

p.s. EXTREAMLY SORY about not been able to spell the names of the palyers properly, I don't meen to insult or be an idiot in that way.

I know how hit should be said, it's just the way that it got translated.

don't worry about spelling as long as we know who you're talking about

I know how hit should be said, it's just the way that it got translated.

don't worry about spelling as long as we know who you're talking about

Thank on the clarifing the translation thing, the reason why I was being a paint is cuz I'm in translation,

and the spelling thing is cuz fanpuck33 said for me to pay attention to that

Edited by ehjay

• 3 months later...

From what I've been reading, both have been pretty hot of late.

Check out this article about Andrei and 'two shoot-out goals' in a win over the Red Wings AHL affiliate:

http://www.tsn.ca/ahl/news_story/?ID=186478&hubname=

I don't understand how a player can get two shoot-out scores in the same game but... hey, I'll take it. They kid potted it twice. :)

GO :hlogo: GO!