Vote for Rory!

mathieu30

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that sign during the Avs/Canucks game and wondered what the hell it was about. Reminds me of the time someone started a movement that got people to put "Jedi" as their religion when the federal census was done a few years ago.

Shoot, I think I'll vote for Rory myself, even if he does play for Vancouver.

Hehe quite funny but still, there are others "write-in" votes that got way more votes. (eg: Vanek 92000 votes, Huet 50000)

Buffalo Sabres fans seems to vote plenty of times with Briere, Afinogenov and Drury in the top 6 forwards, Tallinder and Campbell in the top dmans, Miller top goalie.

Souray in currently 7th dman

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=28459...mp;service=page

According to Rick Ball on Team 1040 the Canuck players wore the 'Vote for Rory' t-shirts in their practice today

Canuck quotes from the TEAM 1040:

Naslund: "Well I think it's pretty funny. Especially when you hear him [Rory] talk about it. He's just as surprised as the rest of us. But it's nice. Pretty funny.

Morrison: "Yea I think it's pretty cool. He has my full support. I mean I haven't actually physically sat down and voted, still need to do that, but I'm talking morally, He has all my support"

Luongo: "Yea I've got to get back to my room sit down and keep voting. I voted quite a few times earlier and so I got to get back on the computer now. It's cool"

source:canuckscorner.com

The whole all-star game premise is a joke, lets atleast get a schmuck in there to make it humorous.

I agree, only because fan voting is a joke. The All-Star game should be the best player's of that season showing off their stuff. It shouldn't be the most popular players fooling around. The All-Star game should be a reward to the players who deserve the honor.

i just heard on rds tv that he's 5th overall for the defensemen in the west and he was the highest vote-getter last week.

at this rate, he could potentially eclipse some of the more established and 'worthy' defensemen.

wouldn't that be something?

GO :hlogo: GO!

I voted for Rory too, and for Ninimaa as well :lol:

I did a write up about Rory Fitzpatrick for the HW weekly recap but it didn't get posted. I thought I'd post it here since it provides a little more background on this topic.

Rory the People's Choice for All-Star Game

Former habs, Rory Fitzpatrick, is the recipient of a grass roots fan movement to vote him on to the all star team. Fitzpatrick, a journeyman defenceman with no points so far this season, is currently toiling for the Vancouver Canucks. He was unaware of this website initiative ( http://www.voteforrory.com ) until recently. "My brother phoned me the other day and told me that he got an email from a friend that had come across the website " . As of December 6, Fitzpatrick sits in fifth place among defencemen from the Wester Conference, with approximately 150,000 votes. Steve Schmid, the website's creator started the idea off by posting to a number of hockey websites' message boards, requesting everyone vote for Fitzpatrick. "If he gets in, he'd be living out a dream for all of us. He wouldn't just be representing the Canucks. He would be representing all of us." Despite being sidelined from a broken ankle, Rory claims he hasn't been using his spare time to boost his all-star vote numbers.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/...nk-report_x.htm

http://canucks.com/images/audiofile06/dec0...fitzpatrick.mp3

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...ry.fitzpatrick/

I agree, only because fan voting is a joke. The All-Star game should be the best player's of that season showing off their stuff. It shouldn't be the most popular players fooling around. The All-Star game should be a reward to the players who deserve the honor.

Agreed, and I hate to say it, but I like Tie Domi's suggestion that the players vote for the All Star team members, they know who the best are, they play against them night in and night out.

Having said that, I am a BIG fan of this type of subterfuge. Stick it to the man all you little people!

hey they allow write ins right? Where's the rule to where you could write in a hall of famer or a mascot? lol

Yuppie for starting left winger! I here he/she has a killer backhand.

Well by write in you do select from a list of names on the net. But I guess if they still had the actual ballot that could work.

You can write whatever you want for those though, this you have to stick to what is on the write-in list which is just NHL players.

It's been so long since we've had an all-star game, I forget something. Is it just the starters that we vote for or is the whole team? Because as much as I'd like to see Rory get in, Liles is gonna get screwed out of the all-star game if it's the entire team we vote for.

It's been so long since we've had an all-star game, I forget something. Is it just the starters that we vote for or is the whole team? Because as much as I'd like to see Rory get in, Liles is gonna get screwed out of the all-star game if it's the entire team we vote for.

we can only vote for the starting line-up, the rest of the team is picked by the league or the media...

I cant remember who picks the rest of the team... :?- :?- :?-

we can only vote for the starting line-up, the rest of the team is picked by the league or the media...

I cant remember who picks the rest of the team... :?- :?- :?-

Oh, alright. Just as long as Liles still as a chance to get in.