Vote for Rory!

mathieu30

this has probably already been mentioned but he's been recorded as second in voting a couple of days ago... ahead of Chris Pronger... :blink::blink::blink::blink:

if this actually comes to pass, the nhl will surely revisit the whole fan voting situation. it'll likely happen again.

GO :hlogo: GO!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this has probably already been mentioned but he's been recorded as second in voting a couple of days ago... ahead of Chris Pronger... :blink::blink::blink::blink:

if this actually comes to pass, the nhl will surely revisit the whole fan voting situation. it'll likely happen again.

I do not think they will other players have been voted in that did not deserve it in other sports. Schmidt in baseball was retired and still made the starting line-up.

Apparently Gretzky told to the NHL to interfere in this whole Fitzpatrick thing.

Heard it on TSN yesterday.

Why if it is what the people want give it to them, it is the entire reason for fan voting.

Apparently Gretzky told to the NHL to interfere in this whole Fitzpatrick thing.

Heard it on TSN yesterday.

typical Gretzky.

I beg to differ. This is GREAT for the NHL.

Why?

People are talking about this.

Around the Horn had a two minute segment on this, this was one of PTI's top stories. These two shows NEVER talk about hockey in fact in Around the Horn's case Tim Cowlishaw whose the only one who does talk about hockey on there gets laughed at or muted.

The NHL needs this to happen.

I think the problem is that it's not that the most fans have voted for the guy, but that some fans have voted over and over and over again. If every fan had only one vote it'd be one thing, but from what I understand, anyone can vote an unlimited number of times, which has made the results skewed.

Since I don't care at all for the All-Star game in itself (I only like the skills competition), I don't really care who gets in the All-Star game. I'm probably conservative on the issue and many other NHL issues (I'm tired of the NHL only sucking up to fairweather fans - I've been following the NHL for two thirds of my life, but what do I have to show for it today, in the new NHL?), but I think the NHL tampers too much with everything. About when they started having North America vs. rest-of-the-world All-Star games, that's when I lost interest.

To me this method of letting fans vote seems to not be functioning right. I don't know whether this is something the NHL ever thought might happen, but I don't really care. If it's what they want, fine, if it's not what they want, they can change it (again) the next time around.

When it comes to prestige and honors, the All-Star TEAM (1st and 2nd) is where it's at, IMO. And the awards and trophies, of course.

I think the problem is that it's not that the most fans have voted for the guy, but that some fans have voted over and over and over again. If every fan had only one vote it'd be one thing, but from what I understand, anyone can vote an unlimited number of times, which has made the results skewed.

Since I don't care at all for the All-Star game in itself (I only like the skills competition), I don't really care who gets in the All-Star game. I'm probably conservative on the issue and many other NHL issues (I'm tired of the NHL only sucking up to fairweather fans - I've been following the NHL for two thirds of my life, but what do I have to show for it today, in the new NHL?), but I think the NHL tampers too much with everything. About when they started having North America vs. rest-of-the-world All-Star games, that's when I lost interest.

To me this method of letting fans vote seems to not be functioning right. I don't know whether this is something the NHL ever thought might happen, but I don't really care. If it's what they want, fine, if it's not what they want, they can change it (again) the next time around.

When it comes to prestige and honors, the All-Star TEAM (1st and 2nd) is where it's at, IMO. And the awards and trophies, of course.

agreed... i don't know how this would be done (i'm not that computer aware) but i'm sure that they can do it if they wish

agreed... i don't know how this would be done (i'm not that computer aware) but i'm sure that they can do it if they wish

For what might be the first time in my life, I actually agree with Don Cherry's take. If he goes to the game, the other players are laughing at him, not with him.

Wayne Gretzky says that if Rory really believes he's good enough to play in the Game, he should go. If he doesn't and understands that it's all a joke, then he should step down and say that there are other guys more deserving than him that should take his place.

Red Fisher backs him up.

I agree, but I don't think everyone should blame the guy if he does choose to go.

It's not hard, you can vote on nhl.com as many times as you want. Hell, in the commercial, Messier encourages fans to vote many times. The reasoning I always hear for allowing the same IP address to vote multiple times is that when using paper ballots in arenas, fans could vote once at every game they went to, so if they are allowed to vote multiple times, everyone else should be also. It's such a crock.

Wayne Gretzky says that if Rory really believes he's good enough to play in the Game, he should go. If he doesn't and understands that it's all a joke, then he should step down and say that there are other guys more deserving than him that should take his place.

Red Fisher backs him up.

:clap:

It's not hard, you can vote on nhl.com as many times as you want. Hell, in the commercial, Messier encourages fans to vote many times. The reasoning I always hear for allowing the same IP address to vote multiple times is that when using paper ballots in arenas, fans could vote once at every game they went to, so if they are allowed to vote multiple times, everyone else should be also. It's such a crock.

:clap:

At the Bell Centre there are online stations and you can vote as many times as you like before the game during the intermissions and after the game.

Anyone see Hrudey's little tirade on this subject?

Pretty much admitted the only reason it made him mad was because he was bitter he never got to go to the All Star game.

Big baby.

Yea. I wrote a big argument about it but then deleted it and just posted vote rory. B)

Him(and his oiler bias) and Cherry can go run up a tree.

Yea. I wrote a big argument about it but then deleted it and just posted vote rory. B)

Him(and his oiler bias) and Cherry can go run up a tree.

Yeah, I was actually really mad about it and then I heard he was going to be After Hours so I was going to write this big angry e-mail but I just erased and turned the computer off. I'm not about to get worked up about the hack job that is the All Star game.

If I was a player, I wouldn't give two shits about this one anyway. I'd care about getting named to the one at the END of the season. Thats the one that actually honors the great players.

Yeah, I was actually really mad about it and then I heard he was going to be After Hours so I was going to write this big angry e-mail but I just erased and turned the computer off. I'm not about to get worked up about the hack job that is the All Star game.

If I was a player, I wouldn't give two shits about this one anyway. I'd care about getting named to the one at the END of the season. Thats the one that actually honors the great players.

Yep. It seemed like people were going to rip him after that though. Steve Staios over Fitzpatrick? Who woulda thunk it? :blink: B)

Yep. It seemed like people were going to rip him after that though. Steve Staios over Fitzpatrick? Who woulda thunk it? :blink: B)

Did you happen to watch After Hours anyway? I'm curious if anyone mentioned it in an e-mail or something.

Did you happen to watch After Hours anyway? I'm curious if anyone mentioned it in an e-mail or something.

Nah. Hrudey's not worth watching. He should be thrown into a garbage can along with all the Oilers crap he says.;)

It'll probably be on canucks.com or somewhere. Nucks fans were pissed big time once he said that. I'll check it out later. ^_^

Nah. Hrudey's not worth watching. He should be thrown into a garbage can along with all the Oilers crap he says.;)

It'll probably be on canucks.com or somewhere. Nucks fans were pissed big time once he said that. I'll check it out later. ^_^

Haha, I was just there actually and read Cherry's comments. Why the hell did he call Rory a jerk? It's not like he's the one who started it or anything.

The fans have exposed the NHL's new BS way of voting and now it's time to deal with it. Rory better not pull out.

I agree with that. You can't blame Rory for the fact that a bunch of fans wanted to prove that the whole voting program is bogus. That may not have been their intention (their intentions were obviously to get Rory in the game), but that's what they have done. If he gets enough votes to get in the game, I think he should play. It doesn't bother me, but then again, like I said before, I don't care much for the All-star game.

I think it's very childish to cry about sour grapes just because one guy gets in, ahead of your favorite or whatever, a guy who would not have gotten in if it hadn't been for the bogus voting process. So what? Big deal. Blame the NHL, don't blame Rory, he had nothing to do with it.

I agree with that. You can't blame Rory for the fact that a bunch of fans wanted to prove that the whole voting program is bogus. That may not have been their intention (their intentions were obviously to get Rory in the game), but that's what they have done. If he gets enough votes to get in the game, I think he should play. It doesn't bother me, but then again, like I said before, I don't care much for the All-star game.

I think it's very childish to cry about sour grapes just because one guy gets in, ahead of your favorite or whatever, a guy who would not have gotten in if it hadn't been for the bogus voting process. So what? Big deal. Blame the NHL, don't blame Rory, he had nothing to do with it.

That's exactly why he should thank the fans, and decline his invitation. He doesn't deserve to be there, no matter what everyone's opinion of the actual game is. This is supposed to be the NHL, not the WWF.

Haha, I was just there actually and read Cherry's comments. Why the hell did he call Rory a jerk? It's not like he's the one who started it or anything.

The fans have exposed the NHL's new BS way of voting and now it's time to deal with it. Rory better not pull out.

I feel the exact same way. Rory NEEDS to play in order to get the point across. So.........

Vote Rory!!!!! :)

That's exactly why he should thank the fans, and decline his invitation. He doesn't deserve to be there, no matter what everyone's opinion of the actual game is. This is supposed to be the NHL, not the WWF.

How does Rory making it into the All-Star game make the NHL relatable to the WWE?

How does Rory making it into the All-Star game make the NHL relatable to the WWE?

A joke, like wrestling. This makes a mockery of the voting process. This started as a local stunt, it's gone too far. But honestly, it's not a big problem, just fun to debate. Everyone has an opinion.