HW Members

zumpano21

Is it just me or has anyone noticed a surge of new HW members in the last couple of months? Is this a sign of old Habbies coming out of the woodwork when the going is good or simply new fans coming to the fold?

Could be people are singing the gospel more often to thier friends and family members.

My two guesses for increased number of Habs fans:

1. Bandwagon fans who root for the best Canadian team.

2. Latendresse is emerging as a real threat and more people are excited about a French-Canadian scoring threat like the glory days.

Guesses as to why there are more new members:

People are finally finding and seeing the light of the best site on the net.

From what I've heard, a lot of the new members have been reading our posts for a while. Perhaps they felt uneasy about entering the forum, but once one did it, the rest followed...

I dunno... but it sure is great to see more Habs fans around!

From what I've heard, a lot of the new members have been reading our posts for a while. Perhaps they felt uneasy about entering the forum, but once one did it, the rest followed...

That's like myself. I found the site a few weeks before the Crosby sweepstakes, but didn't actually join until October.

Habsworld is growing. That's good! I'm glad the name is getting out there and more people are actively participating on the site. I know in general, most forum subscribers are first silent stalkers to get a feel for the place before they start posting.

Yep...Although I've been here for a while now I did do the browsing thing for a very long time before joining....I was a mod at the canadiens site for a long time but this site is where I went not to be annoyed by little kids.

Ive been a die-hard Habs fan ever since I was little. Mostly because of my father.

I only moved to Montreal 4 years ago. Anyways, I had always been looking for a site like this for the past year. There are a few others but this one is certainly the best. I discovered it this summer and I didnt actually post something until a couple months ago.

Anyways, Im glad to be a member of this habs loving community.

I know in general, most forum subscribers are first silent stalkers to get a feel for the place before they start posting.

I didn't do that. I joined the day I found it, I think.

I was a mod at the canadiens site for a long time but this site is where I went not to be annoyed by little kids.

Bah! You know nothing about hockey! Do you even watch the games!?

Yup, that was me. I didn't want to start posting until I was sure what kind of forum it was. Been a Habs fan for at least 6 years (and I'm only in my 20's) , so it's not a bandwagon thing...

I too have a similar story about waiting, watching and reading.

Something that impressed me the most about this site. Was its moderators; They were quick to post fresh news; users had wonderful well constructed comments and critics; This site has great thoughts about the state of hockey for our habs; I'm sure other sports groups look this site up for the latest before doing their reports.

I know that I always come to HW for the latest info on my beloved habs!

Simply put; its impressive how current, accurate and fair the information is on this site.

I read the forum for a while before actually joining - sounds like nothing new?

Still spend more time reading than posting - don't have to have/express an opinion on everything that is going on!

I think more and more are just finding this site by whatever means.

Should be listed under Google as 'Best Site Ever!!!!' :hlogo: :contract:

Edited by beliveau1

I signed up the day I found this site. There are no better fun sports fans than Habs fans in my humble opinion... I live in a world of MapleLeaf blue and white and it is refreshing to have a habs home to put my feet up.

Plus the Mods here are the best!

I joined a couple of years ago but I forgot my password so I went from Wamsley to Wamsley01.

I usually read the board everyday and only post if I have something to say that has not already been said.

Living in Leafland is pretty painful so this is a huge escape. They are the best team in the world again after beating Carolina.

I was one of the original founding members, yet I still prefer to lurk.

But it's good to see an influx of members from other boards. Remember, it's your civic duty to advertise HW once you get above 100 posts. To your friends, family, members of the Bell Centre, and other forums.

Do you has what it takes?

DO YOU HAS!?

I was one of the original founding members, yet I still prefer to lurk.

But it's good to see an influx of members from other boards. Remember, it's your civic duty to advertise HW once you get above 100 posts. To your friends, family, members of the Bell Centre, and other forums.

Do you has what it takes?

DO YOU HAS!?

Let's buy a section of boards at the Bell Center! :lol:

I'l pitch in 50 :P

Easy, there is more excitement around the habs and the Bulldogs recently. And when people are excited they talk. When people are depressed, like during the now imfamous Houle and Corey years, people don't want to say much beyond "Corey and Houle suck".

I, personally, was on the board for about 1 year before I posted anything. I wasn't really excited by the Habs. I loved the habs, but was sick of their losingness. But when Gainey came in to the Organization, and some of our newer prospects started to show promise, I got more excited about the HABS.

Man, I gotta say, the years between 1996 and 2004 were TOUGH as a Habs fan ... TOUGH!