Rivet deserves respect!!

Spider-Man NL

Craig Rivet deserves RESPECT!! He has made a remarkable turnaround this season. He is playing his best hockey this year and maybe in years!! With that asswhooping over Marchment and last nights game winning goal in overtime, him and Markov will give us a very good defence going into the playoffs with Souray and Breezer.

The fact that Rivet is playing his best hockey these days only makes him a great trade bait for Gainey. While I agree with you that Rivet deserves respect for his latest effort I believe that his status should be evaluated over the whole year and even his whole carreer.

Rivet has always been a fairly big defencemen who refused to used his shoulder appropriatly and always constituted a liability for his defensive play.

Here is the chance to use his present value to improve the team for the playoff.

THanks Rivet for giving Gainey that possibility!

... if we threw in a 2nd round pick and got a better defenseman for him... otherwise keep him. maybe Darius Kasparaitis or Greg de Vires. just a thought.:hlogo:

Trade for Darius (I broke my leg) Kasparaitis? He is great hitter and I would love to seem as a habs. But his health is an issue.

And I am not sure if we really wanna give Rivet away. Hockey isn't always about throwing hits.

You really don't know have until its gone. Just ask the Leafs...:lol:

I dunno about Kasper , he hasnt played well since he was a Pen , and he sure as hell doesnt deserve all the money that he is getting.

Who knows? Maybe he's just suffering from the "ranger effect" and would play well in a new city? ... But its not a chance I want the habs to take...

Btw , welcome to HW Fletch96!

[Edited on 2004-2-28 by puck7x]

what i can't stand is the people who gave the fight to Marchment.

i'd much rather keep Rivet on board, though he's got some trade value and could bring in something decent.

don't know if anyone mentioned this before but there was a rumour about Perreault going to Calgary for Gauthier. if Yanic is indeed finished as a habs then this would make sense to me.

I don't give that fight to marchment. He bled so much more than rivet, and the only reason rivet was bleeding in the first place was that face wash he recieved earlier in another play, as you might be able to remember that his nose bled as he went to the bench. all marchments blood (which was more) was from rivet's punches. Rivet certainly won that fight.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by habsfan88

I don't give that fight to marchment.  He bled so much more than rivet, and the only reason rivet was bleeding in the first place was that face wash he recieved earlier in another play, as you might be able to remember that his nose bled as he went to the bench.  all marchments blood (which was more) was from rivet's punches.  Rivet certainly won that fight.  

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

yeah i had noticed that Rivet got cut on the initial minor penalties (the fight started right after they came out of the box).