Rumour ...

puck7x

From MM (MolsonMan) of fanhome , alot of you know who this guy is , and his history ... And because he's been right so many times before I'll listen to what he has to say now...

http://mb1.theinsiders.com/fmontrealcanadi...icID=5002.topic

I say this: a blockbuster trade is <b>very likely</b> to happen for the Habs. Like all my posts i will also say this; the trade may not happen, i mention no names, and suggest nothing else. As always: time will tell.

I know , I know... very non-descript , anyone could say the same thing as him... But hey , like I said... he's been right before.

[Edited on 2004-2-27 by puck7x]

mmm i hope its true but i dont think gainey will trade ribeiro.. he's like our second "star" with theo.. ok ok koivu is a "star" but peeps in montreal want someone who's from here as an hero .. and we'all know whats happens when we trade a young gun.. (leclair, tucker, hoglund, v bure) .. ;p

Well MM is just about the only reliable source on the net, but in the end all he's saying is that Gainey is looking to land a sizeable fish.

I believed that already... but it's always nice to have my suspicions confirmed, kind of ;)

As we know even if Gainey is really trying to make things happen, he can always get outbid or a team can simply get too greedy and force him to back off.

Until it happens, it's still just wishful thinking... and so we wait. :zzz:

I hope we don't trade Ribeiro, he is finally on fire. We have a bunch a young guys that are not only just producing but are leading the team in many respects. As for Arnott he is just locker room cancer DON'T GET HIM!!

:hlogo:

As a matter of fact I know this cause a friend of mine played with him in his Junior years.

Thats how I know, and its not a argument stupid cause if you haven't noticed and even though the Canadiens Management deny it, the dress is divided enough as it is.

An once of prevention is worht a pound of cure.

Originally posted by Fletch96

As a matter of fact I know this cause a friend of mine played with him in his Junior years.

Thats how I know, and its not a argument stupid cause if you haven't noticed and even though the Canadiens Management deny it, the dress is divided enough as it is.

An once of prevention is worht a pound of cure.

So, someone can't mature in the 10 years since he played in jrs? It's still a crap argument in my opinion, one I will never buy into. Everyone can say what they want, but if a guy like Arnott could be had, I highly doubt a deal would be axed someone said they didn't like him. I work with some people that I don't particularly care for, but I don't walk around calling them cancers to the company.

Primarily, people call someone a "cancer" when they don't like them personally. Yaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. I've argued against this point so many times that it's pretty much pointless for me to continue. Armchair GMs will continue to say this as they wallow in their own blissfull ignorance.

Originally posted by Fletch96

Just because someone says that Arnott was a jerk when he was barely old enough to shave doesn't mean he's still a jerk. Heck, I know I'm a lot more responsible now than when I was in high school - my unbiased opinion, of course :) Anyways, I think Arnott is a glorified grinder.

Ah, again, more talk about the presumed divisions in the habs dressing room. Sure, some of you will talk about those incidents in practice and say that means WW3 is going on in the dressing room. Unless you're one of the players in the dressing room, nobody knows what's really going on in there. Until we hear something concrete, everything is just gossip and innuendo. Belief what you want to believe, you may turn out to be right. I'll wait for the hard evidence.

How about this? I'm just putting the pieces togehter here...

But I say that the blockbuster deal (if it happens) will be with the Carolina Hurricanes and involve Jeff O'Neill and Sean Hill.

Why? Well for one thing Bob Gainey stayed behind in Toronto after the habs/leafs game to catch the Leafs/Canes game , was he scouting the Canes? Did he have a chat with Rutherford? ... Today RDS puts up an article stating that the habs are interested in Sean Hill. Plus the Canes are in Montreal now waiting to play habs ... Great chance for Gainey and Rutherford to discuss a deal ...

MolsonMan posted his message today , why today? What changed? "very likely to make blockbuster" ... Canes in town...

And of course the habs have been rumoured to be interested in Jeff O'Neill (or his type of player) all year long...

I know its not really much to go on , but whatever ... The Canes are the most likely team we'll trade with imo.

Eh, I'm still a jerk ;)

I've learned that rumours this season mean nothing. So I don't beleive them anymore.

I Think Arnott's play is stellar, but I am concerned about the over all package he brings to the team, and after all I want same thing as all habs fans.....

cup.jpg

[Edited on 2004/2/28 by Fletch96]

Arnott as a 2nd line centre would be great. He'd provide offense and grit, while being responsible defensively. However, as a 3rd line centre, he wouldn't be able to shut down opposing team's No.1 centremen to the effect that Begin or Juneau can (well, could).

He is not much use on the wing. And with Koivu and Ribeiro leading our 1-2 punch down the middle, we need to focus our efforts on a real 3rd line centre.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Arnott on this team. I've enjoyed his style of play for a while. His experience in the playoffs (55 points in 81 games, a shooting percentage of 14.9, and a +8) would be invaluable to a cup run, should we make the playoffs.

If one of Koivu or Ribeiro go down with an injury that could last for several months, I'd be first one in line to aquire Arnott, playoff-rental or not.

However, while we have Sax and Ribs, we have no need or Arnott

Originally posted by puck7x

How about this? I'm just putting the pieces togehter here...  

But I say that the blockbuster deal (if it happens) will be with the Carolina Hurricanes and involve Jeff O'Neill and Sean Hill.  

Why? Well for one thing Bob Gainey stayed behind in Toronto after the habs/leafs game to catch the Leafs/Canes game , was he scouting the Canes? Did he have a chat with Rutherford? ... Today RDS puts up an article stating that the habs are interested in Sean Hill. Plus the Canes are in Montreal now waiting to play habs ... Great chance for Gainey and Rutherford to discuss a deal ...  

MolsonMan posted his message today , why today? What changed? "very likely to make blockbuster" ... Canes in town...  

And of course the habs have been rumoured to be interested in Jeff O'Neill (or his type of player) all year long...

I know its not really much to go on , but whatever ... The Canes are the most likely team we'll trade with imo.

That's how I'm reading the situation as well.

Although not Hill, because they've promised him they wouldn't trade him apparently... he insists he wants to play in Carolina only.

I'm thinking only O'Neill most probably... the Canes' GM said today the only two players available were O'Neill and Irbe.

If we want another D man, we'd have to go look somewhere else.

O'Neill is the ONLY "available" guy out there right now I'd be willing to deal any of our young guys for...Juilian and Gainey have us in seventh place without Souray and now Bullis in the lineup! We've got a bunch of really promising players in Hamilton...This franchise should not repeat history by trading away more young talent just to appease our clueless fans! Let's face it even if we got O'Neill, Arnott and Kovalev, we're still not as loaded as Boston, Ottawa, Toronto, or Philly, let along Colorada or Detroit...I say get a playoff birth, use the system, make some money and continue to build slow and smart!