Gonchar to Leafs?

puck7x

They better sign a goalie because if Belfour goes out with an injury again as he has all year the make believes will go out before the Habs. And what the heck does that put their team salaries at? Salary cap liquidation there. Now or never for them and I say never. At least not in my life I hope.:guru:

Holy crap. I think I'd break something laughing now if the Leafs didn't wind up with Gonchar. It doesn't mean much to me that he wants to go there -- so have Lindros and Peca in the past, and look how far that got them.

Gonchar might be a great player, but man. The ACC is turning into the world's best-disguised old folks' home.

Leaf fan are wetting themselves at the thought of Gonchar. Problem is, he is not what they need. Their problem is their defensive play, which is Gonchar's weakness. He cannot handle big forwards and seems to make alot of mistakes in his own end. An strong offensive team like Philly, Ottawa, Tampa or Boston will destory him physical and on the score board. Gonchar does put up points, sure, but he also plays tons of minutes, simply because he is the Caps only good defenseman.

Toronto fans wanna think of him as the missing key. Well I guarantee you if he goes to Boston or Jersey instead, they'll say "Well he wasn't what we needed anyway"...

They did it with Blake a few years ago...