Imagine for a minute....

Canajun

... a lineup of forwards like this next season:

Higgins - Koivu - Kovalev

Samsonov - Plekanec - Ryder

Milroy - Grabovski - Kostitsyn

Latendresse - Lapierre - Begin/Streit

Checking line? Fuhgeddaboudit. Let the OTHER team worry about checking US.

Now wouldn't this be a set of lines that would make other teams shit in their pants to be facing...?

Ahhhh, knew I forgetting someone!

Latendresse - Lapierre - Perezhogin

Makes it even more scary.

Streit goes back on defense, we let Begin go.

But why though. We're doing so well with a checking line. Can you imagine Crosby's line out on the ice with Milroy Grabovski and Kostitsyn. I'm shuddering at the thought. Every good team needs a shutdown line. Run and gun will only get you so far.

Although Milroy is having his best season in Hamilton, he won't make the Montreal Canadiens next year. Infact I don't believe he'll be in the organization at all next year. There are too many other up and coming kids who need a shot and he's getting a little long in the tooth. Great community guy for Hamilton though. Might keep him with Hamilton, but he has no shot in Montreal. Especially with Chipchura, Lapierre, Ferland, Locke, Kostitsyn and Grabosvsky ahead of him

totally disagree Bonk shouldn't go. I'm sure he will accept to resign a cheaper contract if he see Canadien improve their team. Dont think he's the kind of guy who would go to N-Y for a 3 mil deal.

More likely Bonk line stays and Russians go, unless productivity changes on either line. We have a ton of young forwards coming up and the UFAs we have will start to be replaced by them next season, and maybe even as this one wears on. This is an amaxing situation we have coming over the next few years. Finally the young guys we have all been waiting for are here. Too bad our future star d=men aren't there with them. Few more years though....

5 years on top, here we go !!!!!!

The way we are drafting....make it 10!

Believe. This is for real.

Although Milroy is having his best season in Hamilton, he won't make the Montreal Canadiens next year. Infact I don't believe he'll be in the organization at all next year. There are too many other up and coming kids who need a shot and he's getting a little long in the tooth. Great community guy for Hamilton though. Might keep him with Hamilton, but he has no shot in Montreal. Especially with Chipchura, Lapierre, Ferland, Locke, Kostitsyn and Grabosvsky ahead of him

To be ahead of someone on the depth chart, you've got to play the same position. Chipchure, Lapierre, Locke, and Grabovski all play center. And isn't Milroy a RWer? Why, oh why do people just create lineups with players in random positions.

As far as the "all-offense" lineup goes. Um, no.

Because it works on EA sports and people don't realize that players like Begin, Murray, Bonk, Johnson are extremely valuable to any team. Name a team when a bunch high scoring forwards last won the cup. Don't say the Oilers, they were very gritty besides gretzky and a few others.

I would look at a lineup more like (Next year)

Higgins Koivu Lats

Samsonov New Center Kovalev

Perez Bonk (Chipchura) Johnson

Begin Lapierre Murray / Streit or other grinder

... a lineup of forwards like this next season:

Latendresse - Lapierre - Begin/Streit

Checking line? Fuhgeddaboudit. Let the OTHER team worry about checking US.

Now wouldn't this be a set of lines that would make other teams shit in their pants to be facing...?

Sorry, no. I don't want that many rookies / second year players on the team in one shot. That only works when your rookies are named Staal and Malkin, and your second year guy is Crosby.

We need to keep at least SOME of Bonk, Johnson, Kovy, Begin.... People with experience count. Tearing it up in the AHL does not prove you're ready for the NHL.

I'm all for keeping Lapierre and Latendresse both up this year, but that's different than what you've got here...

And I agree with others, we still need a checking line. Our forwards are not SO amazing that we're always gonna outscore the other team.

Higgins - Koivu - Latendresse

Samsonov - Plekanec - Kovalev

Perezhogin - Grabovski - Kostitsyn

Begin - Lapierre - Streit

No Milroy, no Ryder. Chipchura coule be up there. Thing is, we better get a D upgrade for all the guys we let go. Bonk, Johnson, Ryder....

To be ahead of someone on the depth chart, you've got to play the same position. Chipchure, Lapierre, Locke, and Grabovski all play center. And isn't Milroy a RWer? Why, oh why do people just create lineups with players in random positions.

As far as the "all-offense" lineup goes. Um, no.

So I guess that means next year or the year after that Chipchura, Locke, Lapierre and Grabovsky are going to be the top 4 centres for Montreal? What about Koivu, Plekanec, Bonk and Begin? Wow is your team going to carry 8 centres? Last time I checked you were only allowed to dress 21 players. Has that changed?

Sometimes guys have to be moved from centre to wing positions to find a place for them, or beacause they weren't successfull in the centre/wing position to begin with. Take a look at Chris Higgins. He's a far better left winger than a centre. Why oh why do people open there mouths when they know not of what they speak?

So I guess that means next year or the year after that Chipchura, Locke, Lapierre and Grabovsky are going to be the top 4 centres for Montreal? What about Koivu, Plekanec, Bonk and Begin? Wow is your team going to carry 8 centres? Last time I checked you were only allowed to dress 21 players. Has that changed?

Sometimes guys have to be moved from centre to wing positions to find a place for them, or beacause they weren't successfull in the centre/wing position to begin with. Take a look at Chris Higgins. He's a far better left winger than a centre. Why oh why do people open there mouths when they know not of what they speak?

you know... for once.... high five, man!

So I guess that means next year or the year after that Chipchura, Locke, Lapierre and Grabovsky are going to be the top 4 centres for Montreal? What about Koivu, Plekanec, Bonk and Begin? Wow is your team going to carry 8 centres? Last time I checked you were only allowed to dress 20 players. Has that changed?

FIXED

This thread is just crazy.

FIXED

This thread is just crazy.

Crazy like a FOX!

As happy as I was to see Kosty in that imaginary line up it is a bit silly. Why ditch Johnson and Bonk when you have a perfectly good Samsonov to jettison? I think Plekanec can be a good 2nd line center given the right wingers and right now Kovalev and Samsonov arent the right wingers. I'd say dump Samsonov and Downey. I kinda like the lines I just put together here.

Lapierre - Plekanec - Ryder

Perezhogin - Bonk - Johnson

Latendresse - Grabovski - Streit/Murray

For my part i don't think Grabovski will ever play on the 3rd line. As far as we can go with Bonk , GO. This guy is now an indispensable member of the team.

And i don't see why Grabovski should play with the team next year.

In 2007-2008, let him with the dogs and then,

Give Grabovski 1 year on the 4rth to fit with the NHL game, and then the next season, he could be the 2nd line center we need.

Here's my lineup

Higgins- Koivu - Latendresse

Samsonov - UFA or Plekanec - Kovy

Perez - Bonk - Jonhson

Bégin - Lapierre - Kostitsyn

Chipchura will take Bonk's place in a few years so the 3rd will remain good.

No Ryder sorry, no Plekanec if we can get a UFA or a good center from a trade. These two are kind of attractive for other teams. Maybe we could have a nice 2nd round pick for both...

And let Streit do his good job as a defenseman. No Niinimaa, no Dandenault...

What do you think about that ? i mean the Grabovski part?

Crazy like a FOX!

As happy as I was to see Kosty in that imaginary line up it is a bit silly. Why ditch Johnson and Bonk when you have a perfectly good Samsonov to jettison? I think Plekanec can be a good 2nd line center given the right wingers and right now Kovalev and Samsonov arent the right wingers. I'd say dump Samsonov and Downey. I kinda like the lines I just put together here.

Lapierre - Plekanec - Ryder

Perezhogin - Bonk - Johnson

Latendresse - Grabovski - Streit/Murray

I will always hate all the lineups where the name of Murray is on... Scratch this guy for ever plz.

So many things can happen, what's with the 4-5 UFA's we've got next summer.

I think its safe to say Lapierre will knock someone out of the lineup... but then you've got other guys to knock out for Kosty, Chipper and etc. to make it into the lineup. I wouldn't let Bonk go and thrust a kid like Lapierre or Chipper in that vital role. I'd rather have Plex do that.

So perhaps:

Samsonov - ________ - Kostitsyn

Perezhogin - Plekanec - Johnson

Begin - Chipchura - Lapierre

Sacrifice Kovy and Ryder to get that 2nd C and whoever else we might lose as UFA.

So many things can happen, what's with the 4-5 UFA's we've got next summer.

I think its safe to say Lapierre will knock someone out of the lineup... but then you've got other guys to knock out for Kosty, Chipper and etc. to make it into the lineup. I wouldn't let Bonk go and thrust a kid like Lapierre or Chipper in that vital role. I'd rather have Plex do that.

So perhaps:

Samsonov - ________ - Kostitsyn

Perezhogin - Plekanec - Johnson

Begin - Chipchura - Lapierre

Sacrifice Kovy and Ryder to get that 2nd C and whoever else we might lose as UFA.

I'd have to say I really agree with this.

But why though. We're doing so well with a checking line. Can you imagine Crosby's line out on the ice with Milroy Grabovski and Kostitsyn. I'm shuddering at the thought. Every good team needs a shutdown line. Run and gun will only get you so far.

I am not saying that next year's line-up will be up to it,....BUT I believe that in this newNHL any teams that happen to be loaded with extraordinary offensive talents within a given year should go right ahead and exloit their ressources without holding back.......specially if they happens to have a hot goally between the cage.