Exciting Time to be a Canadiens fan

Pierre the Great

I never tought I'd say that before the season started but I believe this team can make it to the 1st place :clap:

It's gonna be an exciting dogfight with those Sabres till the very end

Please nashville, beat them so we can move within 3 pts

We have a shot, thats all. A bigger shot than recent years, but i dont wanna jinx anything. And enjoy our ride while it lasts! And i hope for very long!!

And that second line centre, whit the salary cap. You cant have the team superb on every spot. We deal very good with our little weaknesses. I love this team, this team is strong. Let it go all the way!!

Yeah everyone assume the Habs are gonna choke and barely make the playoff. Let them eat crow when it's too late :lol:

Yeah everyone assume the Habs are gonna choke and barely make the playoff. Let them eat crow when it's too late :lol:

LOLLLL Yeahhh The Habs' performance this season to me is the perfect example of a big surprise lol :D

I could give a hoot about 1st overall. I prefer us lurking in the weeds like a lethal northern pike.

We're a damned strong team, that's all. The only real Achilles' Heel is that if Koivu goes down, God forbid, we're screwed; but most teams have a player or two like that. :hlogo:

All the so-called experts can kiss my ass. I said we had a near-elite team going into this season. Looks like my only mistake was adding the qualifer 'near' :lol:

If you look at our top scorers, one thing that jumps out at me is that they have played in almost every game. Koivu, Kovalev, Ryder have all played 33 games. Souray, 32 games. The only glaring exception being Higgins. We should count ourselves as fortunate for not being hit by the ****** bug. Personally, down the stretch this will be the biggest factor in deciding where we finish in the standings.

O they will talk about us.. first in mid Jan when we steal the Sabres spot in the standings then in June when we raise the cup :clap:

Well lets stick to TSN. Domi was the only one who had the Habs in the playoffs. Also, can someone tell me which hockey writer wrote that the Canadiens will be last years Buffalo and be the surprise of the season? That guy is a smart hockey dude.

Darren Elliot, Sports Illustrated.

:hockey:

Darren Elliot, Sports Illustrated.

Thanks for bringing up Darren Elliot. I had posted his predictions back in September. I remember getting ripped about my surreal belief that this team had something special.

Here's a link to the original thread...

All i want for Xmas is health koivu...a health koivu...a health koivu...

I bet the city is alive with excitement!

Hottest team in the league this is AMAZING!!!

:hlogo:

yup... and may we enjoy it for a while longer...

GO :hlogo: GO!

its time to pull out that poll we had on this site during the summer with our predictions for the up coming season standings...

I had our beloved habs in the top of the standings... I may have even been so bold as to put them in first place... I'm going to look it up and see if I can find it...

Go Habs GO!

update... ok I cannot go back that far on the site to lookup posts from the summer... can anyone who has admin rights find the post from everyone about our picks for season standings for teams in 2006/07

Edited by Chips

• 3 weeks later...

I was walking on St-Catherine street on tuesday before the game against the Trashers around 3pm. Usually people who will be at the Bell Centre shows up in downtown around 5pm. So, at 3pm, i walked from Guy street to McGill and i counted not less than 20 :hlogo: jerseys and maybe 10 or more :hlogo: caps. I even heard some Go Habs Go Go Habs Go when 2 groups of 3 or 4 guys met each others.

Being a Habs Fan is really well seen this season... And I AM CANADIAN....'s fan :D

in some ways, i'd like to live in montreal just to see what that atmosphere is like but, on the other hand... it's too big for my liking

GO :hlogo: GO!