Lapierre sent to Hamilton

Talon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.rds.ca/

Must be hard on the kid.

Someone might want to double check the article..my French is not the greatest.

you are right, sir !!

that sucks for lapierre but I am positive that its only a temporary mesure anf coming 2007 either murray or downey will be gone !

They had to do it now because of the roster freeze until the 28th they couldn't put anyone on waivers. I'm guessing Begin's coming back in the lineup.

Sucks for Lapierre. I can only assume they told him it was temporary and they'll try to bring him back as soon as they ditched Murray or Downey.

you are right, sir !!

that sucks for lapierre but I am positive that its only a temporary mesure anf coming 2007 either murray or downey will be gone !

:lol::lol::lol:

They had to do it now because of the roster freeze until the 28th they couldn't put anyone on waivers. I'm guessing Begin's coming back in the lineup.

they could have put spuds or ronald mc donald( downey and murray). its not like they would be taken. therefore they could easily go in hamilton for the rest of the season.

they could have put spuds or ronald mc donald( downey and murray). its not like they would be taken. therefore they could easily go in hamilton for the rest of the season.

I agree. Oh well, I'm not management, so I guess it doesn't matter. As long as he's back up fairly soon (in a few weeks at the soonest) I won't mind too much, but if he's not back until next season, I won't be impressed. He's not just a prospect anymore, he's an NHLer who can help our team NOW, an awful lot more than either Murray or Downey.

It sends the wrong message to the other players and to us the fans.

It was time for management to do the same as Lapierre did, show character and confidence.

They did'nt show confidence in him enought to dump anyone else.

So why ask a player to perform over expectations when you the manager do just what youre expected to, gutsless.

It was time for management to do the same as Lapierre did, show character and confidence.

So why ask a player to perform over expectations when you the manager do just what youre expected to, gutsless.

As fanpuck said, they COULDN'T dump anyone else. Lapierre is the only guy that can get sent to Hamilton without passing through waivers. During the roster freeze, players are not allowed to be waived.

Read the small prints: ROSTER FREEZE!

Habs had NO CHOICE.

You're missing the point. During the roster freeze, you can't trade anyone or place anyone on waivers. Both Downey and Murray need waivers to be demoted, so we can't send them down right now. Once the freeze is over, you bet bet that one of them will be gone and Lapierre will be back up.

I don't get what's so hard to understand.

For Lapierre to keep a roster spot, Murray and Downey had to be placed on waivers at the latest last Sunday at 11:59:59 PM since they need a 48 hour period to clear waivers and be assigned to Hamilton unless someone claimed them as per the trade freeze rules.

That wasn't the case. Begin's name had to be placed in the injury reserve list so Lapierre could have played the last couple of game or else the Habs were over the roster limit. By sending Lapierre down to Hamilton, Bégin will most likely be playing against Philly on Thursday night.

The Habs didn't have must choice left if we ignore the trade route. Dandenault has a wrist injury and having a line of Bégin-Lapierre-Latendresse wouldn't make much sense since Streit is much more useful as a forward since his versatility brings a strong PK forward and most importantly a reliable point player on the PP. Lapierre only played on the PK but Streit's versatility obviously was judged more useful. Streit allows the Habs to have both 7 defencemen and 12 forwards on the ice every game if you think about it.

Yes, Dandenault's name could have been placed on the injury reserve list. Doing this could have allowed the Habs to keep Maxim Lapierre and activate Steve Begin from the injury reserve list. But once again, the main problem with this would be in respect to defensive depth. I'd rather keep 8 defensemen on the team and keep the load balanced rather than playing out the same guys and wearing them out come April.

If Bégin doesn't play on Thursday (or if Murray and Downey play) then you can start wondering why Lapierre was sent down (unless Hamilton really needed him for their tough upcoming schedule but then again I'm sure Lapierre and the Habs don't seemed to be worried about that).

I wish Lapierre could stay up....Watching him live on Saturday was a thrill...He is a great two way player, has spectacular speed and adds the "energy" to the energy line. You cant debate his efforts...every single game he played his heart out...

Props to Him! :clap:

I hope to see Downey gone...We don't need a goon...We got Komisarek, Rivet, and Begin for enforcers!

Hope to see him back in 07! GO :hlogo: GO

In addition, we have no idea what Lapierre was told by Carbonneau or Gauthier. He may have been told when he was first recalled that he'd be sent down before the roster freeze. He may have been told today that the demotion was cap-related or because of roster limits, and as soon as the freeze was lifted, he'd be recalled. Lapierre and Latendresse were both on the ice in the last couple of minutes of the game last night, so there's no trust issues or dissatisfaction with their play.

TSN confirmed the report about Lapierre. As a fan, it's too bad to see him go, because he has played above and beyond what was expected of him. He's developed fairly quickly as a prospect, and should have a bright future with the Habs. In some ways, his style reminds me of Mario Tremblay. However, I understand the reason for sending him down, and I'm sure he'll be back up again before the season is over. The NHL season is a long one, and there's almost always someone that's injured.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=189122&hubname=nhl

Don't worry Lapierre will be back for sure. It's just a matter of who gets axed. By the looks of things right now, it's either Murray or Downey but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Downey.

http://www.hockeyanalysis.com/?page_id=329

Last year of his one-year contract :P

Mind you, Downey is much more intense than Murray who's season hasn't been the best.

shame, we wont see the same Grit and heart from the 4th line...well this is maybe a wake up call for the other guys on the fourth....with streit begin and all....downey and murray i could live without

they would have to release a player outright if they were to keep Lapierre. Again, they could not put a player on waivers during the freeze.

Dump Downey!......... after the trade freeze is over of course.

At least Murray has shown he can do more then just take up a roster spot and take a punch....

Downey isn't even that great (or a decent) fighter... and for the 1-2 shifts he gets per game he's just not worth it