Season ends ... what now?

TheAussiePosse

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

judging with the performance of the team...nothing. we won't hear from gainey until september. all the same effing tourists will be brought back and we'll hear the same fudguing bullshit on how we've improved because our young kids are a year older. also the price for my seats will be higher!!

and a year from now, we'll have the same conversation.

hey !! we might end up with the 12th pick overall !! woop dee doo

happy easter to all.

Edited by marky_and_komi

What now?

Fire Carbonneayu....sorry but your team has penalty problems all year and you can't fix that and lose your playoff spot because of it...????

No control over this team, especially the Russians.

Gainey probably needs to go. Not getting something for Sheldon Souray hurts.....not sure whats worse though.....not getting anything for him and losing him to free agency or paying him the $6 Million he's probably going to demand on the FA market. Gainey did absolutley nothing to improve this team now or in the future at the deadline and hence they now miss the playoffs. Sorry Bob, maybe your daughters death is just too much for you and you need to move on. I don't mean to make light of that, I certainly couldn't have gone on, but you need to go. You can't handle it.

Trade Kovalev, and if there are no takers buy him out. Ultimatley it'll be worth it. The guy is junk...nothing left to say....they bleep out all the bad words on here anyways.

Samsonov....guess its a buyout for him cause nobody wanted him on waivers.

Koivu....might as well trade him. He only showed up 2 or 3 times in the last 30 games. He's still got value.

Get rid of Begin...what a useless piece of shit making $1,000,000 a year

Good riddance Aebischer...the only reason you were better than Theodore was this number $3.9 Million

Murray and Downey should be left to rot. Grabovski and Chipchura will fill those spots.

Higgins and Ryder proved tonight they are the future of this team. Plekanec and Kostitsyn kind of dissappeared but they are young and cheap and this was a good learning experience.

Bring Bonk and Johnson back if they'll sign for the same or less.....Bonk would have to be less.

Perezhogin needs the chance that Carbonneau won't give him.

Markov looked gutless tonight. But he is the best defensman and Montreal can't afford to lose him.

Bouillon and Dandenault can come back as they are realtively cheap.

Huet is fine, and Halak and Danis can hold the fort for a few years till Price is ready.

Striet proved his usefullness. He can play on my team next year.

Thats about it for now that I can think of

The only bright spots of tonight's game were Higgins, Koivu and Ryder.

Maybe this is a message to Gainey that it's time to let the young guys take over. Cut Kovy and Sammy loose, let Souray go so we can retool our PP to work on speed rather than relying on one guy with a big shot at the back line, who, when gone, leaves us helpless.

All the money saved (5 million?) could be well spent somewhere else.

next season we should see the following guys on the roster: Koivu, Higgins, Ryder, Kostitsyn, Perezhogin, Latendresse, Plekanek, Lapierre, Komisarek, Markov, Huet.

Guys like Souray, Johnson, Bonk, Bouillion, Dandenault are toss ups, if they come back fine (at a reasonable cost) but are expendable IMO.

It's time for guys like Chipchura, Grabovsky, Cote, D'agostini, Milroy, O'Byrne and hell even Locke can have a shot. Lets truly go with youth.

Keep:

Koivu, Higgins, Ryder, Plekanec, Streit, Halak, Huet, Markov, Komisarek, Lapierre, etc.

Consider trading:

Kovalev, Samsonov, Souray, Bégin, Dandenault

Definitely trade:

Niinimaa, Aebischer

KEEPERS :

Higgins

Ryder

Komisarek

Latendresse

Lapierre

Markov

Plekanec

Kostytin

Halak

Huet

Begin (even if he ######ed up tonight)

Streit

Koivu?

ADIOS AMIGOS :

ABBY

SOURAY

JOHNSON

SAMSONOV

KOVALEV

Edited by rafikz

Keep:

Koivu, Higgins, Ryder, Plekanec, Streit, Halak, Huet, Markov, Komisarek, Lapierre, etc.

Consider trading:

Kovalev, Samsonov, Souray, Bégin, Dandenault

Definitely trade:

Niinimaa, Aebischer

A few problems here

Niinima and Aebicher are UFA and not tradeable. Aebischer has played himself back to Europe. Although maybe Tampa will sign him.

Samsonov is untradable. He'll hve to be bought out

If hindsight were 20/20, we'd have traded Souray back at the deadline.

And while I enjoy laughing at the Hockey News' prediction...

Sheldon Souray, Craig Rivet, Francis Bouillion and Mathieu Dandenault are a competent quartet, but none will ever attain all-star status.

... and I love what Souray did for the Habs this season, in terms of giving us the league's best PP, but he's not someone who we can allow ourselves to think of as a crutch. We need to be like the Wild, a cohesive team, not a few superstars who we rely on (and who fail us every time).

Who knows. Perhaps Grabovski will graduate to the big league next season and bring Samsonov and Kovalev to life? Like Zombies from MJ's 'Thriller'

Edited by TheAussiePosse

There's about 5 or 6 UFAs this summer. Who comes back and who does'nt will likely be a matter of who Bob can sign back or not; or if he even wants to sign back.

So that's 5 or 6 roster guys you might lose. Halak could replace Aebisch... but after that you've got Niinimaa, Souray and Markov to sign. We dont have 3 NHL-ready D-men in Hamilton for next year; so you might be forced to hold unto Dandy and Bouillon.

On offense, Bonk and Johnson might be gone as UFA's come summer time. Who in Hamilton is ready to step up? Chipchura and Grabs?

And Koivu? As a captain, the expectations are higher. And he's Gainey's biggest trade asset. Is it time for a change or not?

Tough questions will have to be answered.

And Koivu? As a captain, the expectations are higher. And he's Gainey's biggest trade asset. Is it time for a change or not?

Koivu has a record season, 75 pts, and was a key contributor to the team. Without a doubt, keep him.

Keep him just in time for the 100th anniversary, Habs win the cup, Koivu gets his much-deserved ring :)

Hey Kozed, The Habs don't have 3 calibre D Men on the roster now. So moving all them is fine with me.

Markov Komi

Gorges Obyrne

Streit Cote

Beleive me, that can't be any worse then it is now.

What now?

Fire Carbonneayu....sorry but your team has penalty problems all year and you can't fix that and lose your playoff spot because of it...????

No control over this team, especially the Russians.

Gainey probably needs to go. Not getting something for Sheldon Souray hurts.....not sure whats worse though.....not getting anything for him and losing him to free agency or paying him the $6 Million he's probably going to demand on the FA market. Gainey did absolutley nothing to improve this team now or in the future at the deadline and hence they now miss the playoffs. Sorry Bob, maybe your daughters death is just too much for you and you need to move on. I don't mean to make light of that, I certainly couldn't have gone on, but you need to go. You can't handle it.

Trade Kovalev, and if there are no takers buy him out. Ultimatley it'll be worth it. The guy is junk...nothing left to say....they bleep out all the bad words on here anyways.

Samsonov....guess its a buyout for him cause nobody wanted him on waivers.

Koivu....might as well trade him. He only showed up 2 or 3 times in the last 30 games. He's still got value.

Get rid of Begin...what a useless piece of shit making $1,000,000 a year

Good riddance Aebischer...the only reason you were better than Theodore was this number $3.9 Million

Murray and Downey should be left to rot. Grabovski and Chipchura will fill those spots.

Higgins and Ryder proved tonight they are the future of this team. Plekanec and Kostitsyn kind of dissappeared but they are young and cheap and this was a good learning experience.

Bring Bonk and Johnson back if they'll sign for the same or less.....Bonk would have to be less.

Perezhogin needs the chance that Carbonneau won't give him.

Markov looked gutless tonight. But he is the best defensman and Montreal can't afford to lose him.

Bouillon and Dandenault can come back as they are realtively cheap.

Huet is fine, and Halak and Danis can hold the fort for a few years till Price is ready.

Striet proved his usefullness. He can play on my team next year.

Thats about it for now that I can think of

Alright well im suprised that your post hasnt be answerd to yet but i know why it only makes partial scense....alright plekanex and kostitsyn never really dissapeared, Kosty did more then latendresse every did this season....and he played less games and he was way more effective for them. scratch bonk and chipchura comes in his place end of that situation.

Perezhogin does need that chance, Markov is the best defensmen we have great defensive playmaker. Dandenault can come back Bouillon can go on a all year vacation, Huet - Halak - and danis are good enough Abby bye bye Begin let him go.

I still say not to trade samsonov and give him ONE more chance get a center or a winger he can acctually work with and maybe a center unless plekanec proves him self otherwise for the scoring center, Kovalev well iv been with the trade him factor but at the same time hes an on and off offensive god so i unno what to do with him maybe contact his agent for a pay cut for the remainder of his contract 2.5 would be nice.

Now Trade Koivu...im sorry but where have you been all your life to say he only showed up 2 - 3 times out of those last 30 games... if you show up 2 -3 times outta that many games....you wouldnt have over 70 points and leading your team. Yes hes a -20 something but when you play big minutes shit happens. Ryder just woke up at the end of the season with a little more scoring but hit the 30 goal mark once again so im happy, But Koivu is the heart and soul of this team and Ryder prooved his worth to you....i unno when i check the stats it shows Koivu assisted on all 3 of his goals....

In the end the team should have a much better team were still rebuilding, and if somehow we can get sutter that coached for team canada to coach this team i would be extremly happy because hes tough. and Carboneau has been ok but made some pretty weird and bad desisions this year....Perezhogin rarly getting over 10 min a game when lats been getting 15....Playing Huet tonight.... 2 goals on 23 shots then 2 goals on 8 shots and 2 goals on 4 shots i feel like puking in a bag because of that.

Also that hole him and russian stuff that attracts the media we don't need that kind of disstraction on this team we have enough disstractions as it is.

Bob needs to make some good value D signings.

like a Ray Whitney or Anson Carter 2 years ago, a signing where you pay less than what you receive.

I know they are not D, but Carolina won a cup with a D full of average players.

Add an impact forward and run with the youth.

Give Price a real shot and see what you have.

It always sucks to miss the playoffs, but boy did the youth step up in the last month.

Something to build on that is for sure.

I've got JOhn Holmes number....starts with a 12"

Is it wrong that I get this joke? lol

Rule #1: No more lazy Russians...

Rule #1: No more lazy Russians...

No more lazy Russians players of any origin

Why does everyone say Samsonov is untradable. This summer, more teams will have cap space to take him. He had his worst career year, but he's still a good hockey player. And there's only one year left on his contract, so there's not much to lose by taking him.

I really like Kovalev. He is so talented. But he had a very very very disappointing year. I wouldn't be disapointed if Bob trades him... He's not worth his 4,5 M$... Free that cap space and roster spot.

This is a black day for the NHL

Nobody in the NHL cares. The thing that is most concerning our dear leader Bettman is that all three NY teams make the playoffs. Islanders, Rangers and Devils are what matter.....US TV numbers. The sheep (and I mean this disprespectfully) will always flock to the Bell Centre to watch this gutless team