Canadiens acquire Olivier Latendresse

dlbalr

Nice idea, I am sure it will motivate Oliver to work hard and get a chance to play with his big brother although I am not sure he has the tool box to do so.

errr

olivier is older :unsure:

Edited by marky_and_komi

A. Kost has step up since we called S. Kostitsyn on the team... see me coming....

I see you coming. Let's hope it works again. There is something to be said about brotherly rivalry. Let's sign Ryder's brother too, and while we are at it let's trade for Mikko Koivu at the deadline, screw Hossa.

Olivier has a decent long-term upside but he's still a long-way from the NHL. This is more than just a charity move on the Habs part.

I would imagine this is true. Can't see Gainey signing him just for the hell of it.

I don't know if this guy has what it takes to make it to the NHL?

The Habs brass thinks he might.

You know... Habs acquired 3 centers in a very short frame of time. First Corso (bc of injuries), then Trotter and now Latendresse...

Is this because a center in Hamilton is on it's way out... ?

You know which team really has virtually no depth, no prospects at center?

Atlanta...

Hmmmmm....

You know... Habs acquired 3 centers in a very short frame of time. First Corso (bc of injuries), then Trotter and now Latendresse...

Is this because a centre in Hamilton is on it's way out... ?

You know which team really has virtually no depth, no prospects at centre?

Atlanta...

Hmmmmm....

very good point Kozed very good!!!

Is this because a centre in Hamilton is on it's way out... ?

You know which team really has virtually no depth, no prospects at centre?

Atlanta...

Hmmmmm....

I was thinking the same thing

Apparently it might be Urquhart going the other way so it's a centre for a centre (Urquhart was still playing centre correct?). But I was thinking the same thing after the addition of Trotter.

For some reason this site changes the spelling of C E N T E R to Centre on its own.

Edited by Talon

It's a weird deal... players are NOT traded, but its a mutual loan between the Habs & Yotes. They loan us Latendresse, we loan them Urquhart... BUT... Latendresse will be a full-fledge Habs after the season...

WTF?

Where did you read that?

Thanks.

Test# centre...what the hell? why does this message board switch the spelling of c e n t e r automatically?

centre

centre

we fix a few spellings. That was my suggestion - mostly because some bad spellings tick me off. I think we threw a few American/British english transformations in for fun.

for instance, I believe defin-ately become definitely and redi-culous becomes ridiculous. I think col-or becomes colour, but I'm not sure.

If people are really offended by the British english, I guess that is something we can reconsider

Edited by simonus

Alain Latendresse was on CKAC Sports this Morning talking about his two boys. It was refreshing to hear someone talk about how their entire family is happy to see their two boys members of the Habs organization. Not surprising, seeing as the family has lived in Montreal (South Shore suburbs) for all their lives!

Mr. Latendresse said that Olivier is a better skater than Guillaume and that he's more of a play maker, compared to his younger brother who is a power forward.

we fix a few spellings. That was my suggestion - mostly because some bad spellings tick me off. I think we threw a few American/British english transformations in for fun.

for instance, I believe defin-ately become definitely and redi-culous becomes ridiculous. I think col-or becomes colour, but I'm not sure.

If people are really offended by the British english, I guess that is something we can reconsider

I've always spelled it C e n t r e and not C e n t e r

I don't see what the big deal is!

He seems like a career farmer, if that. But who knows, maybe he'll miraculously improve out of his desire to join his brother on the big team.