Demitra anyone?

Habs77

John Hadley reports the St. Louis Blues are attempting to move up in the first round and could make a pitch to the Florida Panthers for the first overall pick in order to draft either Eric Staal or Marc-Andre Fleury. Failing that, they may try to land another first round pick. They could offer up "Cory Stillman, Alexander Khavanov, Demitra and/or Brent Johnson" as trade bait. The club has also received inquiries as to the availability of Group II free agent winger Pavol Demitra, but they'd rather re-sign him to a two-year deal, although nothing appears imminent on that front. Hadley claims the Blues have talked to "Florida, Washington, Minnesota, and Philadelphia, along with NY. Rangers, Buffalo, Carolina, Atlanta and Montreal."

We'd finally have a true sniper on LW... but what will it cost us in assets, and then salary.

The very fact that we're talking tells me we are NOT in payroll slashing mode in Montreal. GG probably promised BG the payroll would not be cut, to lure him here. You don't bring in a new GM only to force him to water down the product and make him look bad.

That's just a theory of mine... ;)

wow i didn't expect we would be in the running for any big improvements this off season. I hope your theory is correct :)

I got it, we trade up for Florida's 1st overall pick. then trade it for Demitra :D

But how do we get Florida's 1st overall pick, i have no idea. I'm sure we give up our 10th and then a top prospect, but do we really want to give up that much to get it? I don't know. It will be very interesting tomorrow though...too bad i can't watch it.