So where does Jacques Martin go?

Markov79

I had heard that yes, if Martin became available AS would hire him... CJ would become an assistant and coach in waiting I guess.

Question is... will AS still be the GM when the time comes to make that decision? ;)

I don't think Claude Julien is the kind of guy who'll protest if Savard (or another GM) ask him to be the assistant coach. IMO, he has the profile of a really good assistant coach.

Imagine if Martin was the coach with Julien and Carboneau as assistants.

Also, Savard is a passionate of hockey and developping. He has the eye for prospect. I'm sure he has a tough time dealing with administrative jobs and trade talks. I'm pretty sure he hates that.

Gainey is a gambler.. don't know if we can afford him, or give him enough money. Sure he still has some good reputation, but still.. dunno.

What about Sather ? He is a tremendous GM with a restricted budget. Dunno if he'll stay in NYR for long. Didn't Sather began his career in Montreal after all?

Oilers aren't doing any worse since Sather left... Sather was not the savior there.

Also we are not a small budget team... and no way do I want Sather spending our money. He sucks.

I have some concerns about Gainey too, but I'd still welcome him as GM... he's done it before and hopefully he'll have learned from his mistakes, and AS can focus on his specialty.

One signing would improve us in 2 key areas, sounds good to me.

Glen Sather as our GM? :puke:

I'd rather have Houle back!

Sather is one of the worst people in all of hockey, he is confirming every summer that he's a complete ######.

The Oilers are fine without Sather anyways....

As for Gainey, why is everyone thinking that Savard will be gone this year?

He had to do some patch work when he arrived in Montreal and now he's starting to build a real team with the young talent he's gotten.

I say give Savard more time to make the Habs a team that's deep in young talent.

It's way to soon to give him the axe.

:ghg:

[Edited on 2003/5/27 by Markov79]