Spotlight On Chris Higgins

bebehabs

I copy / paste from canadiens.com :)

Some answers are funny :P

Source :

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/spotlight/higgins.html

It’s no secret that Christopher Higgins can find the back of the net. In his second NHL season, the 23-year-old continues to light it up after closing out the 2005-06 campaign with 16 goals in 26 games. Canadiens.com sat down with Higgins to find out more on the Long Island native.

Do you have a middle name?

Yeah, it’s Robert, my dad’s first name.

What food will you never try? Nothing really.

I like to try everything at least once. Maybe whatever weird stuff they make them eat on Fear Factor. I would never try that. That’s probably about it.

Do you like to cook?

(laughs) No. I actually despise it because then you have to clean up after. I like when my food is prepared and ready. I leave the cooking up to my mom and my girlfriend.

What’s your guilty pleasure?

Taco Bell, but they don’t have that here. That’s probably the only bad thing about this city.

What do your teammates tease you about the most?

Hmmm. I guess the fact that I always seem to have my shirt off.

Which jersey do you prefer for home games –red or white?

Definitely the white.

Who is the most underrated player in the league?

Mike Fisher in Ottawa.

What player do you hate playing against?

[Zdeno] Chara, for sure.

Who do you room with on the road?

[Michael] Ryder.

How do you usually spend your free time?

Watching movies.

What’s your favorite chick flick?

Heart & Souls with Robert Downey Jr. I’d also say Serendipity because of Kate Beckinsale.

Aside from the Bell Centre, what’s the loudest building you’ve played in?

RBC Center in Carolina during the playoffs. That place was rockin’.

As a fan, what arena would you most like to watch a game?

Definitely here. Other than that, Joe Louis Arena in Detroit.

Would you rather watch a game from the lower or upper bowl seats?

Both. Lower you’re closer to the action but most of the hardcore fans are in the upper levels.

Are you in touch with any former teammates?

My college roommate plays in San Antonio, Joe Callahan. He’s a good man, a very good man. I’ve stayed in touch with him. He’s a really good defenseman, in the Phoenix organization.

What did you buy with your first NHL paycheque?

BMW.

What’s your biggest pet peeve?

Bad drivers and traffic. And what’s with all the never-ending construction everywhere?

What’s the craziest fan encounter you’ve had?

My brother’s my biggest fan and he said apparently there’s some girl that runs a Chris Higgins website. I haven’t seen it yet. Other than that, someone actually recognized me when I was wearing a mask for Halloween. I was dressed up as Wolverine (from X-Men) for our team party and someone recognized me even with the mask on. That was pretty impressive.

Do you check the scoreboard during TV timeouts?

I won’t check the out-of-town scoreboard but sometimes I’ll check out the central scoreboard to see the in-game entertainment.

Did you pick your jersey number or was it given to you?

I chose it. I’ve worn 21 through pretty much my entire career. The only exception is the first time I was up here, I had 88. That was given to me. That was the worst number I ever had. (laughs)

Have you ever looked yourself up on Google?

I haven’t done it myself but my brother did when I was drafted.

What’s your favorite thing to do when you’re home on Long Island?

Roller hockey with my buddies.

What occupation outside of hockey has always interested you?

Fireman because my dad is a fireman.

What’s the most embarrassing CD in your collection?

I can’t really think of the CDs I have. I’ve moved everything on to my iPod so I guess the most embarrassing song on there is the Righteous Brothers, Unchained Melody. But it’s a good song.

What was your rookie initiation?

There’s the usual dinner where the rookies pay. I also collected any fines guys had to pay.

How would you initiate a rookie?

I think we should start doing what they do in baseball and make the rookies dress up like girls. That would be fun.

What’s your pre-game ritual?

I’m one of the last ones off the ice during the warm-up and I make sure I score on my last shot. And for my pre-game meal, a bowl of cereal.

Who was your first celebrity crush?

Cindy Crawford.

oh really?????? SORRY!!!

was not on habsworld for 1-2 weeks... :P

my bad my bad!!!!!!!!!! let's delete this thread then :D