Hasek to sign with Ottawa ?

sakiqc

http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?site=r...n&sport=#102875

wow lol. That would be a good move. But would it solve their problems? Because everyone know (at least Detroit knows) it can be a knife with 2 sides (dunno what is the right expression in English). That's a big risk, especially since every penny of the Sens are important. But are they richer than we thought? They signed big contracts at the end of the season (Bondra, Devries) and now Hasek? Humm. They have a bigger payroll than us

http://www.habsworld.net/show_stats.php?id=583

The big question for me is, how many years does Hasek have left in him? I say potentially one good year, and that year might never happen with the CBA situation.

It doesn't make much sense for Ottawa to go after a 1 year fix like Hasek when there might not even be a next year.

This is all about the Muckler-Hasek connection from their days in Buffalo... they were tight, Hasek took his side in the battle between Muckler & "ever since blackballed" coach Nolan.

Hasek showed last year he couldn't stay healthy long enough to help anyone... but this is typical Muckler, he'll bring in old buddies no matter if they're finished or not, see Rob Ray.

Lalime has lost his job, and deservedly so... but Hasek is not the answer.

Ottawa looks set to follow Philly's patter of having a loaded team but not reaching out for a prime-time goalie.

Ah well, good for us.

I will remind all the Hasek-naysayers that never count someone out. Everyone thought Ed Belfour's career was over back in 2002, than he signed with TO and has been solid for them.

Hasek is one of the top 5 goalies in NHL history. It cannot hurt to have him in net.