Canada vs. USA exhibition

Fanpuck33_

Canada looked sluggish and should be able to beat the American team.

DiPietro looked sharp for the US and they seemed to be better prepared. They seemed to be in better shape and had better teamwork.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Too bad Theo didn't play, I really wanted to see him play. I also wanted to see St. Louis and Richards and Lemieux, but they were all scratched. I was among the many booing Columbus fans when they announced those scratches.

Aye, too bad for Canada, wish we coulda won it but, hey, we gonna have more chances coming up :D... anddd... I'd much rather lose the first game than the last

We'll win when it counts :/)

Hopefully this improves Theo's chances of being the number 2 behind Brodeur, and i'm looking for a solid performance tomorrow night from Jose to show that he is the number 2 man.

Sounds like Luongo was awful last night, did anyone see the game and was it as bad as i read?

Didn't saw the replays from Can-USA, but saw those from tonight's game (Canada white vs Canada red). Game ended 3-2 and Theo allowed 5 goals lol.

Sounds weird, but it's true. They switched goalies.

Those weren't weak goals. From the replays Theo didn't had much to do with it. Bad defensive plays as well.

Originally posted by Quebecois

Sounds like Luongo was awful last night, did anyone see the game and was it as bad as i read?

I was at the game, and it really wasn't his fault. He came in halfway through the first period and gave up a goal on the first shot, a nice high shot by Rolston. This just goes to show why you don't want to change goalies mid period.

The second goal he really didn't have a chance at. Great passing by Chelios and Drury set up a great one-timer by Leopold.

Overall, Canada just looked sluggish, while the Americans seemed like they were in mid season form.