Vinny

Habsrocket

Someone said something about TB overpaying him so they can dump his salary on another team. I don't know which team would a 66-point scorer for almost $7M. Ya he's got potential I woulfn't offer this guy more than 5.5M or so.

In terms of likely output over the next couple of years, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kovalev put up better numbers than Lecavalier.

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

Originally posted by shortcat1

In terms of likely output over the next couple of years, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kovalev put up better numbers than Lecavalier.

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

Right on!

Especially since they're gonna have to dump St. Louis or Richards.

Just wanted to add a few more things to the topic.

1- I know I said this before but now that I think about it good luck to Feaster signing St. Louis this year because he'll sure as hell need it again for the following season when he has to re-sign Richards.

It ain't that easy signing the guy who wins the MVP at the world cup of hockey (Lecavalier), the guy who won the scoring championship last season (St. Louis) and the guy who won the Conn Smythe and who assured the team victory each time he scored a goal throughout last season (Richards).

I know it's repetitive but the more you think about it Feaster did one of the dumbest moves that could EASILY comprimise the winning ways of Tampa Bay for years to come. Hands down I think those guys will take up almost 20 million dollars of the Bolts' cap. Did I forget to mention St.Louis doesn't want to sign than anything less than 5 million a season?

2- Of course the player agents are asking for the big bucks and are inflating player egos, don't they get like up to 10% of the player's contract? I don't know if any of you have ever seen that show Arli$$. Hands down the best example of how to mock an agent. Sadly, that actually works.

Originally posted by Habs take Price?

the post above is really pathetic...

Welcome Habs take Price?. You'll enjoy this community. Lots of great (and sometimes funny) stuff happening.

As one of your first comments, it's rather judgemental.

It may be old-hand but 'each to his own', you know.

The signing of Vinny at such a price screwed over Tampa. Their days at the top of the NHL will be destroyed by next season at latest. With St. Louis pushing his luck with 5.75M or so and the duo asking for more each contract (they're young - they'll only get better) and don't forget Brad Richards who can milk more than 3.4M bucks.

Tampa already had to let go of Andreychuk who played a big part in Tampa's Cup winning and they had to get rid of Khabibulin who played a HUGE part in their win. Sean Burke is old and just can't do it like he used to. Tampa is gonna fall each year until they land themselves back where they started - dead last.